KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by holidaysmore »

Welp, #1 on the list could be finding a new HC. Allegations arising that there are now MULTIPLE women that are excusing Les of 'sexual harassment' during his tenure at LSU. USA Today reports that Miles is fighting the release of the records because they would cause him to “immediately suffer serious injury to his reputation and personal life” and “irreparable loss.”

KU football, ladies and gentleman!

So what to do now....
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by PhDhawk »

Probably have to go the interim route for this season.

Which, depending on when you hire a permanent HC, costs you 1-2 recruiting cycles.

Back to having half a roster. You had to know it was coming, just a matter of how.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not seeing this. Only USA Today story about Les is the original one from Wednesday.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not seeing anything either..?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think new stuff is grounds for termination and, likely, contract breach.

I'd be absolutely shocked if KU didn't know about the settlement given how long ago it was. No idea (and don't care) why LSU is claiming they didn't.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bring back the slogans.

"Kansas Football: One of these days..."
"Kansas Football : Pretty Soon Maybe."
"Kansas Football: We'll Get There. Sometime. Eventually."
"Kansas Football: Still Here."
"Kansas Football: Nothing To Lose"
"Kansas Football: Could You Imagine?"
"Kansas Football : Fourth and 12."
"Kansas Football: Here We Go Again"
"Kansas Football : Can't Look Away"
"Kansas Football: Don't Hold Your Breath"
"Kansas Football : Not For Everybody."
"Kansas Football : Saturday's Freed Up."
"Kansas Football: It's the Pits!"
"Kansas Football : Looks Like You're Apple Picking."
"Kansas Football: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
"Kansas Football : It's Whether You Have Fun."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:29 am Bring back the slogans.

"Kansas Football: One of these days..."
"Kansas Football : Pretty Soon Maybe."
"Kansas Football: We'll Get There. Sometime. Eventually."
"Kansas Football: Still Here."
"Kansas Football: Nothing To Lose"
"Kansas Football: Could You Imagine?"
"Kansas Football : Fourth and 12."
"Kansas Football: Here We Go Again"
"Kansas Football : Can't Look Away"
"Kansas Football: Don't Hold Your Breath"
"Kansas Football : Not For Everybody."
"Kansas Football : Saturday's Freed Up."
"Kansas Football: It's the Pits!"
"Kansas Football : Looks Like You're Apple Picking."
"Kansas Football: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
"Kansas Football : It's Whether You Have Fun."
"win or loose, we'll still booze" was always a favorite.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will say though, if there are new allegations, he probably should be let go and the 2 years that Les had here put KU on more solid footing than probably it has been in 10+ years. Built classes with just high school kids, bulked up pay and staffing and has KU closest that they have been to a full scholarship allotment in the last 6 years or so.

Would just suck if there were new allegations because Les would be likely gone and this would be Long's final strike as well.

And then EVERYTHING starts over.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good looking out. Would be interesting if there is more than one person reporting this though.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

can’t do anything but lol

ku football is an ongoing exercise in attrition
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ah, yeah that's the stuff that was out on Wednesday, and in my limited view, Miles should be OK if that's all of it.

I guess the question that the records would reveal is how much does the civil settlement overlap with the 2013 internal investigation. Given the dates, it seems to be the same incident(s).

I would be shocked if KU didn't know about all of that before hiring him. If they did not, then yeah, we're discussing repercussions.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:33 am I will say though, if there are new allegations, he probably should be let go and the 2 years that Les had here put KU on more solid footing than probably it has been in 10+ years. Built classes with just high school kids, bulked up pay and staffing and has KU closest that they have been to a full scholarship allotment in the last 6 years or so.

Would just suck if there were new allegations because Les would be likely gone and this would be Long's final strike as well.

And then EVERYTHING starts over.
KU is not an SEC school or tOSU. If there's new stuff, he's out. It just seems unlikely given the reports so far--seems to ball be accounted for between the internal investigation and the civil settlement.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

But it does help explain why Les didn't have a job right after LSU.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Yeah, that is the only person so far I have seen run with it. Seems like that is Julie's MO.

KU had to know about this or Long was so buddy buddy with Les that he never felt the need to poke around. If that is the case Long might as well be on the hot seat for looking past potential serious red flags on Les's resume.

Speculative until March 30th if the document even makes it out. Hell, at this rate involving KU football and washed Les Miles does anyone even really care. My guess is that KU and Les come out with some sort of statement and it gets forgotten 24 hrs later UNLESS that report gets made public and there are way more damaging stuff in there.

We all knew Les wasn't the end game here but having to fire him before the start of spring ball might as well be the final death blow to a program that was already teetering on the edge.

We all love KU Athletics but the consistent screw ups time and time again within the Athletic Department are really, really souring my views on KU sports.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:38 am
Ah, yeah that's the stuff that was out on Wednesday, and in my limited view, Miles should be OK if that's all of it.

I guess the question that the records would reveal is how much does the civil settlement overlap with the 2013 internal investigation. Given the dates, it seems to be the same incident(s).

I would be shocked if KU didn't know about all of that before hiring him. If they did not, then yeah, we're discussing repercussions.
They said they didn't know about it.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/feb/ ... ment-lsu-/
“The University of Kansas is aware of a media report today involving KU head football coach Les Miles. We have spoken with Coach Miles about the allegations in the story and will continue to gather information that is made available to us. KU was not aware of these allegations when Coach Miles was hired in 2018,” Beckler said.

“Because this involves Coach Miles’ former employer and predates his time at KU, and because we do not have factual knowledge about details of these allegations, it is not appropriate for us to comment further,” he concluded.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I honestly don't think anyone outside of KU and LSU fans knows about this. That's not to say it's not a real issue.

If Long covered this up or overlooked it then his seat isn't hot, it's gone.

I doubt that, though. The internal investigation resulted in finding "inappropriate behavior" but no disciplinary action. The NDA on the settlement is ironclad. That's how you keep the 'ol ball coach coachin'.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:48 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:38 am

They said they didn't know about it.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/feb/ ... ment-lsu-/
“The University of Kansas is aware of a media report today involving KU head football coach Les Miles. We have spoken with Coach Miles about the allegations in the story and will continue to gather information that is made available to us. KU was not aware of these allegations when Coach Miles was hired in 2018,” Beckler said.

“Because this involves Coach Miles’ former employer and predates his time at KU, and because we do not have factual knowledge about details of these allegations, it is not appropriate for us to comment further,” he concluded.
And that was from Beckler?

Yes, then potentially some big questions for Long and Les. Particularly with the internal investigation--that should be vetted.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Well, clearly none of us knows what the outcome of this will be.

The one thing I think we can count on, though, is whatever does happen will be bad for KU football on the field of play.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Crazy, KUFB falls to the storage room BELOW the basement, but somehow finds a way to fall even deeper