KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
PhDhawk

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by PhDhawk »

But...shouldn't every school have those?

I mean, why is it whenever it comes to roster issues we're uniquely bad at things that should effect everyone?

I get that this isn't a huge deal, because of who they were, but still. We weren't the only team that had a coaching change. We weren't the only team with a lot of seniors. Not ALL of those seniors were just garbage players.

I do think we've improved our roster overall...but it's not like we had a crazy number of new guys. 20 recruits (which seems like a low number). 10 transfers which, would seem like a high number, but for the number who left.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's because they've gone through 3-4 years of getting their ass kicked, no program hype, and perhaps the worst exposure of any P5 team. Getting a free year elsewhere would also be a no brainer for me.

The Weis/Beaty combo did make things uniquely bad here, but that has nothing to do with the senior transfers this year.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Not really concerned about the number if incoming or outgoing transfers. It's just the new normal and with a coaching change our numbers are naturally a little high.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:23 pm Prunty in the portal. That was the big loss that KU should have expected but hoped to prevent.

That’s a big loss.

2 of the best players on the defense are gone.
Really sucks, but he'll get to pick from nearly any program in the country. Guessing Va Tech or SEC.

With new transfer rules, I'm not sure how we get guys like that to stick around for a rebuild. Need to be competent and competitive on the field.
Prunty choosing between South Carolina and Tennessee.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:28 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:23 pm Prunty in the portal. That was the big loss that KU should have expected but hoped to prevent.

That’s a big loss.

2 of the best players on the defense are gone.
Really sucks, but he'll get to pick from nearly any program in the country. Guessing Va Tech or SEC.

With new transfer rules, I'm not sure how we get guys like that to stick around for a rebuild. Need to be competent and competitive on the field.
Prunty choosing between South Carolina and Tennessee.
Good for him. Tennessee lost even more guys and Huepel is going to be iffy (has been iffy as UCF got worse every year he was there), but SEC and playing close to home matters.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Do we have our rival UK on the football schedule next year?

Asking for a friend...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:26 pm Do we have our rival UK on the football schedule next year?

Asking for a friend...
Nope. Mizzou?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:34 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:26 pm Do we have our rival UK on the football schedule next year?

Asking for a friend...
Nope. Mizzou?
I wish.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Jalon Peoples commits. 4* CB from Dallas area.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Also got a big tackle from Michigan. 2/3 star guy. Committed with offers from Iowa State, Indiana and Arizona State.

Pretty good first month of recruiting for the staff with no games played. Just based off vision and connection. Hopefully when more visit during the games and KU is hopefully competitive, it’ll draw more.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:46 pm Jalon Peoples commits. 4* CB from Dallas area.
He’s really good. Good offer list. Visited KU first, then went to Tech and Baylor and then committed to Kansas after those visits. Good sign.

Another Emmett Jones special.

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:26 am Also got a big tackle from Michigan. 2/3 star guy. Committed with offers from Iowa State, Indiana and Arizona State.

Pretty good first month of recruiting for the staff with no games played. Just based off vision and connection. Hopefully when more visit during the games and KU is hopefully competitive, it’ll draw more.
I think the recruits are starting to see some future stability (hopefully) established by this new staff.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

There is something about having same coordinators for 5 years or whatever. Even after a 2-10 and 5-7 year. Nobody panicked and it paid off for Buffalo.

Chances are better than not with this staff that recruits will have same OC/DC for their time at KU. Unless they blow it out of the water and someone tries to get Kotelnicki.

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Pure speculation, but what the heck, it's summer. Anyone heard any buzz about Cornell Wheeler, a Michigan LB who is in the transfer portal? Heard his name pop up a couple times over the weekend as potentially having KU on his list.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bryson Stricker mentioned good recruiting news coming soon. Could be that. LB is a big need right now.

Last P5 LB transfer was the guy from South Carolina, Roberts I think was his name. Beaty’s first year. He was a solid addition on a bad defense. Hope the same.

UnholyLivingDead

I guess that was what he was teasing.

https://twitter.com/BryBryStrick/status ... 9940656130
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yep. Didn’t play for Michigan last year. But ALWAYS take a swing on talented guys. 4 star means something. Video seems to show he has the speed, but a bit smaller, which is tough to go against in Big 10.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

silly statistic

never understood why they don’t just round those numbers
UnholyLivingDead

Jason Booker from the Royals is back in the KU athletic department according to Jesse Newell. His name was floated around during the AD search.

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... 9239539712