Dear Mitch

Kansas Basketball.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: Dear Mitch

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:48 pm I thought everyone was pretty good except Mitch and Bryce.

Both had a good moment or two, though.
Anyone think TGF will be anything more than what he is now? Thought for sure he'd play more minutes today...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Looked like Self told TGF to defend and rebound, so his first possession he was fine and didn't force anything. Then he got it on the break and forgot, turned it over, and Self shouted "Pass the damn ball!" and didn't play him again.

If he could play within his skill set he would be super valuable right now, but he doesn't seem to be able to do that. I don't expect to see him at Kansas next year.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I've heard of hot streaks that TGF has had in practice that Bill has said was some of the best he's seen, but then again Jeremy Case put on quite the show in practices as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TGF under/over mins next season set to 6.5.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TGIF seems like that classic chicken and egg bench guy.

Does he not get minutes cuz he doesn’t get in rhythm, or does he not get in rhythm cuz he doesn’t get minutes?

Either way, he seems far more athletically gifted than a guy like Case. If he can stop thinking and start playing he could be a baller.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Would love for TGF to get his head into the game. Dude could do damage.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:08 pm TGIF seems like that classic chicken and egg bench guy.

Does he not get minutes cuz he doesn’t get in rhythm, or does he not get in rhythm cuz he doesn’t get minutes?

Either way, he seems far more athletically gifted than a guy like Case. If he can stop thinking and start playing he could be a baller.
You know games aren't the only time players can improve their games or show their skill set to their coach, right? Self has the added benefit of seeing him in practice.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Who the hell passed TGF the ball on the break!!!! I literally jumped off the couch and screamed!!!
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:10 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:08 pm TGIF seems like that classic chicken and egg bench guy.

You know games aren't the only time players can improve their games or show their skill set to their coach, right? Self has the added benefit of seeing him in practice.

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:55 pm I've heard of hot streaks that TGF has had in practice that Bill has said was some of the best he's seen
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

hartjack8 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 am Who the hell passed TGF the ball on the break!!!! I literally jumped off the couch and screamed!!!
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This is a good point. That dude should have been benched too.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:44 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:48 pm I thought everyone was pretty good except Mitch and Bryce.

Both had a good moment or two, though.
Anyone think TGF will be anything more than what he is now?
Yes, very much so. Looks like experience is his big issue. Getting this free year is great for him.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TGF has tools. Looking forward to seeing him mature.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:55 pm I've heard of hot streaks that TGF has had in practice that Bill has said was some of the best he's seen, but then again Jeremy Case put on quite the show in practices as well.
Yall remember lebryant nash? super athletic roy boy wing. dominant in practice at times never saw it in the games really

I think TGF still has plenty of hope and upside. guy has talent and this is basically his redshirt year
Deleted User 863

I think it was just "Bryant" Nash....i had a giant poster of him on my wall as a kid. He was awesome at dunking. No clue how i came to grow so fond of a guy who averaged like 7mpg.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Bryant Nash was the KU player. Le'Bryan Nash played at OSU. I would be THRILLED if if TGF could be a similar player to Le'Bryan Nash.
Deleted User 863

Haha yes i am down for Le'Bryan Nash, but i have a feeling he is more like Bryant Nash.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Last time I saw Bryant Nash would have been either Spring 2005 or 06 (can't recall), when he was still hanging around KU. He was being banned from the rec center after punching a guy in the face during pick up.

Fun to play in those games if you could avoid the punches, though.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:37 am Last time I saw Bryant Nash would have been either Spring 2005 or 06 (can't recall), when he was still hanging around KU. He was being banned from the rec center after punching a guy in the face during pick up.

Fun to play in those games if you could avoid the punches, though.
i had totally forgotten about that

i wonder if you and i were ever in a game together at the rec...
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Mjl wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:50 pm Looked like Self told TGF to defend and rebound, so his first possession he was fine and didn't force anything. Then he got it on the break and forgot, turned it over, and Self shouted "Pass the damn ball!" and didn't play him again.

If he could play within his skill set he would be super valuable right now, but he doesn't seem to be able to do that. I don't expect to see him at Kansas next year.
Not happy about it, but why predict something if you're not going to be a jerk and gloat that one time you're right...