Would you be on the Jury?

Coffee talk.
Qusdahl

Re: Would you be on the Jury?

Post by Qusdahl »

take it to the Conference Race Theory thread
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

5 Memphis LEO’s fired before the dept. even releases any cam footage of the circumstances surrounding the pursuit and death of Tyre Nichols.

Can’t be good.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

rumor is its not gonna be....supposedly Memphis business are boarding up already.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this one will be different. Going to be full anti police/police brutality/defund the police/more training etc fight.

Supposedly the involved officers and victim (5 vs 1) were black. So the race angle will be minimized.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"It was unadulterated, unabashed, nonstop beating of this young boy for three minutes.”

* "Young boy" was 29 years old.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The thing about the Memphis fiasco is that the Back the Blue campaign/National police unions should see it as an opportunity. Don't be silent. Loudly condemn it, then point out the systemic failures they are seeing, talk about the funding allocation issues, the bad training, the low pay, poor work conditions, etc.

The best conversations I've had on police brutality is with a friend who's a KCPD Detective who sits middle to slightly left. Thought George Floyd's murder was abhorrent all while trying to keep the peace on the frontlines during the Plaza demonstrations right after it happened. There's a ton of room for dialogue.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Memphis police chief seems to be doing a good job emphasizing with the situation and understanding how her staff/police in general have fucked up.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I am curious to see if the people who ALWAYS support the cops even when clearly wrong will do the same for black cops?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:49 am The thing about the Memphis fiasco is that the Back the Blue campaign/National police unions should see it as an opportunity. Don't be silent. Loudly condemn it, then point out the systemic failures they are seeing, talk about the funding allocation issues, the bad training, the low pay, poor work conditions, etc.

The best conversations I've had on police brutality is with a friend who's a KCPD Detective who sits middle to slightly left. Thought George Floyd's murder was abhorrent all while trying to keep the peace on the frontlines during the Plaza demonstrations right after it happened. There's a ton of room for dialogue.
if only

i haven’t looked into any formal responses, but anything other than a united front would shock me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:11 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:49 am The thing about the Memphis fiasco is that the Back the Blue campaign/National police unions should see it as an opportunity. Don't be silent. Loudly condemn it, then point out the systemic failures they are seeing, talk about the funding allocation issues, the bad training, the low pay, poor work conditions, etc.

if only

i haven’t looked into any formal responses, but anything other than a united front would shock me
My guess is that it will just be silence.

But, it's still early and I hope I'm wrong. The Memphis police department agrees with everyone else that this was an abhorrent act. Now everyone should come together to discuss all the reasons why this happens.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

it all escalated when unmarked cars initiated a traffic stop 250 feet from his house
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would have either released the footage earlier this week or would have waited until Monday.
7 PM on a Friday seems like maybe the worst time to release.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what's even the point of delaying?

just release it.

they're hyping it like it's some big Hollywood blockbuster release.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:55 am what's even the point of delaying?

just release it.

they're hyping it like it's some big Hollywood blockbuster release.
Criminal investigation comes first and also redactions.

Plus, you do need to prepare for tonight. No ideal time to release it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

while there's no "ideal" time to release it, I also think perhaps the fallout could be mitigated if they just casually released it on an otherwise uneventful Tuesday morning or something.

Again, no need to hype it up all week for a big Friday night premiere, once more folks are off work, possibly drunk, etc. It's almost like they're trying to escalate the protests.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:06 pm while there's no "ideal" time to release it, I also think perhaps the fallout could be mitigated if they just casually released it on an otherwise uneventful Tuesday morning or something.

Again, no need to hype it up all week for a big Friday night premiere, once more folks are off work, possibly drunk, etc. It's almost like they're trying to escalate the protests.
Yeah, I don't buy that. Heck, maybe even the family had a say when it was released. Or the DA made suggestions.

The editing process is also lengthy. I've watched 100's of these--I actually just got done watching one. There is so much dead time on them. They also don't come in some neat little mp4 file when you take the data. I definitely buy that it takes this long, and I just don't see any difference between today and Monday. There should be demonstrations across the entire country after its release.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"and I just don't see any difference between today and Monday"

Err.
OK.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You guys wanna dress up like Harry Potter characters and go wait in line for the big debut?

For real tho, this big hype also gives time for the Kyle Rittenhouse types to ask their mom for a ride down to the festivities.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they are waiting until the evening because they want to give time for the after school activities to conclude and for people to get home safely.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"