Would you be on the Jury?

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Would you be on the Jury?

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:12 pm Maybe I should post this on the conspiracy thread but I can't help but question if one or more of the Cops knew Tyre Nichols before the debacle - and if it played a role in why they beat the living crap out of him.
i actually had that same exact thought
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:22 am The cops being black changes almost nothing for me. One of the big main issues has always been the relationship between law enforcement and the black community, particularly young black males. The cops being black only removes just one aspect of the role of racism.
Many of the biggest problems with American policing date back more than a century and have to do with the conscious choice to dissociate police practice and procedure from community influence. This has been especially damaging and resistant to reform with respect to the black community in general.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:04 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:22 am The cops being black changes almost nothing for me. One of the big main issues has always been the relationship between law enforcement and the black community, particularly young black males. The cops being black only removes just one aspect of the role of racism.
Many of the biggest problems with American policing date back more than a century and have to do with the conscious choice to dissociate police practice and procedure from community influence. This has been especially damaging and resistant to reform with respect to the black community in general.
Not sure if SPAM, but if not, good stuff!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:09 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:56 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:14 pm Watching a little bit of the coverage. So far, it's been peaceful. I hope it stays that way. It's worrying that there are TV cameras in the crowd. I know the media wants to be there and film it, but it also encourages people with a case of the "look at me's" to act up to get their face on national TV. Again, I have no solution to this, but I kind of wish the TV cameras weren't there.
True or not, I believe part of why Memphis has been quiet is that the National Guard was called in.

As far as the video, it's interesting that it seems the Black cops had a "gang" mentality - without a true leader that had common sense and morals.
Shocking to me that not a single one of them realized or cared what they were doing was incredibly wrong.
They knew they had body cams on and had to know there were other cameras in the area that were recording - and they didn't give a shit. Did they never consider the repercussions of their action/s and if not, why not? Or did they simply not care?
Makes you question if these special forces units are good to have. I think those can attract the exact people that shouldn’t be on them.
The Memphis Police Department has disbanded the so-called Scorpion special unit, whose officers are accused of murdering Tyre Nichols.

Scorpion stands for "Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods".

The unit is a 50-person team tasked with bringing down crime levels in particular areas.

Would be interested in the arguments as to why this kind of thing was a good idea.

Would absolutely love someone to defend calling it “SCORPION.”
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:10 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:09 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:56 am

True or not, I believe part of why Memphis has been quiet is that the National Guard was called in.

As far as the video, it's interesting that it seems the Black cops had a "gang" mentality - without a true leader that had common sense and morals.
Shocking to me that not a single one of them realized or cared what they were doing was incredibly wrong.
They knew they had body cams on and had to know there were other cameras in the area that were recording - and they didn't give a shit. Did they never consider the repercussions of their action/s and if not, why not? Or did they simply not care?
Makes you question if these special forces units are good to have. I think those can attract the exact people that shouldn’t be on them.
The Memphis Police Department has disbanded the so-called Scorpion special unit, whose officers are accused of murdering Tyre Nichols.

Scorpion stands for "Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods".

The unit is a 50-person team tasked with bringing down crime levels in particular areas.

Would be interested in the arguments as to why this kind of thing was a good idea.

Would absolutely love someone to defend calling it “SCORPION.”
Wait a minute here.

Are you suggesting that "Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods" wasn’t the name that came out of committee?

(Just a stupid thing to note: not including the t in to, but including the i in in, gives the game away.)
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So this happened in my hood. She lived about a block away from Chez 99 and the chase ended about a mile away after going through two counties. Seems she tried to stab her BF and when the cops showed up she tried to run over firefighters to get away. Cops shot her but she managed to take off anyway. The major road that our appt backs up to looked like a scene out of The Blues Brothers.

https://www.wkyt.com/2023/02/07/large-p ... town-pike/
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:17 am So this happened in my hood. She lived about a block away from Chez 99 and the chase ended about a mile away after going through two counties. Seems she tried to stab her BF and when the cops showed up she tried to run over firefighters to get away. Cops shot her but she managed to take off anyway. The major road that our appt backs up to looked like a scene out of The Blues Brothers.

https://www.wkyt.com/2023/02/07/large-p ... town-pike/
Lovely!
Sorry but I admit I'll laugh if you or Mrs. 99 are on the jury.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I doubt we will be here when it comes to trial.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

"Afroman sued for invasion of privacy after police raid his home"

sometimes the memes just write themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oponIfu5L3Y

https://apnews.com/article/afroman-poli ... f0794fddc0