Would you be on the Jury?

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Would you be on the Jury?

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 pm they are waiting until the evening because they want to give time for the after school activities to conclude and for people to get home safely.
This makes sense.
Friday doesn't.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 pm You guys wanna dress up like Harry Potter characters and go wait in line for the big debut?

For real tho, this big hype also gives time for the Kyle Rittenhouse types to ask their mom for a ride down to the festivities.
I don't buy your conspiracies.

You would have to admit that you would probably find a Monday release to also be objectionable for some sort of reason.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh come on bro, it’s not like I said cops used Avada Kedavra on the dood.

I already suggested an otherwise uneventful Tuesday morning or something.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:39 pm Oh come on bro, it’s not like I said cops used Avada Kedavra on the dood.

I already suggested an otherwise uneventful Tuesday morning or something.
IDK, a functioning government and banks are pretty crucial to any modern civilization. If you expect the people might shut those down for a couple of days, maybe coordinate that to days their buildings are usually closed.

We're really, really losing the plot here, though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I suppose that is some rationale for waiting til Friday night.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There are a lot of important considerations. The criminal investigation, the family, transparency, and securing what they need to function seems like some of the top ones.

I would hope they considered them all and there are no sinister motives here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, a lot of important considerations, obviously.

This instance is unique though, in that we’re usually otherwise still not further than the “paid leave” phase of the considerations, without already having terminations and charges.

I can buy that maybe the powers that be think a Friday night release is the good faith best course here. Let businesses close up, bored the windows, and stuff I guess.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:05 pm Yea, a lot of important considerations, obviously.

This instance is unique though, in that we’re usually otherwise still not further than the “paid leave” phase of the considerations, without already having terminations and charges.

I can buy that maybe the powers that be think a Friday night release is the good faith best course here. Let businesses close up, bored the windows, and stuff I guess.
Really makes me anxious what’s on that footage.

Reminds me of when Emmett Till’s family said to keep the casket open.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If we REALLY wanna go conspiracy, it’s the thought that the “back the blue” crowd could would should use this as some opportunity for progressive change…lulz?

also seen suggestions that terminations and charges already came as quick as they did cuz all the cops are black, but I dunno
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Qsie may have a point with the hype thing. They are building it up. Maybe they could have just said within the next x days.

The more I think about it, which day may not make a difference.

Or screw it, Memphis is gonna be StL, Minneapolis and LA riots all rolled into one no matter what.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think since George Floyd departments are much quicker to terminate and charges are coming sooner.

Nothing as widespread as this can change quickly overnight all at once, but hopefully we continue to see change occuring.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Termination is one thing...but, I believe the officers have already been charged with murder??

Its gonna be a very very bad video.
Its gonna be a very bad weekend in many areas I think.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:45 pm Termination is one thing...but, I believe the officers have already been charged with murder??

Its gonna be a very very bad video.
Its gonna be a very bad weekend in many areas I think.
Yes. It is going to be very bad. I think we know exactly what to expect at this point.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

… Police nationwide have been under scrutiny for how they treat Black people, particularly since the Minneapolis police murder of George Floyd in May 2020 and the mass protest movement known as Black Lives Matter. Davis likened the video to the 1991 Los Angeles police beating that sparked outrage across the country.

"I was in law enforcement during the Rodney King incident, and it's very much aligned with that same type of behavior," she said. "I would say it's about the same, if not worse."…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A. They killed him
B. Body cam footage is making officers accountable and it should continue to the point where an officer should not be able to turn them off ever
C. There are a lot of police officers who are power hungry, who feel empowered by having power over you. Don’t test them. It doesn’t make what they are doing right and obviously there needs to be reform but if they tell you something, do it, without resisting. Your life could be at risk.
D. They said it was fun. Murdering someone. Fuck these dudes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the light pole footage was way worse than the body cam, imo…left me speechless. but the body cam obviously gives you the audio

some tough shit to watch
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:11 pm some tough shit to watch
This.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching a little bit of the coverage. So far, it's been peaceful. I hope it stays that way. It's worrying that there are TV cameras in the crowd. I know the media wants to be there and film it, but it also encourages people with a case of the "look at me's" to act up to get their face on national TV. Again, I have no solution to this, but I kind of wish the TV cameras weren't there.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:53 pm
This.
From the sounds of it, I don’t think I will watch it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:35 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:53 pm
This.
From the sounds of it, I don’t think I will watch it.
I always struggle with it. Do I really need to see it to know what happened? At this point, it's all too predictable.