Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Welcome Bobby Pettiford Jr

Post by ousdahl »

Andrew White?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:36 am other than Enaruna himself, what other players “like” him have we had that didn’t succeed?
None either way. We always have kind of missed out on those guys. Bringing in Enaruna, Clemence, Adams coincided with and was a nod by Bill to abandoning the 2 post offense.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Little played 727 minutes in 2 seasons.

Enaruna played 562 minutes in 2 seasons.

They both played in exactly 55 games.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think people here are thinking O while Self thinks more about D. Clemence can't play the 4 if he can't switch onto a wing, unless Self changes his philosophy.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I think this kid will be really good.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 am
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:09 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:38 pm There's some rumors going around that Creighton wasn't all that disappointed when TyTy decommitted.
How much is that like KU fans saying "we didn't want him anyway" whenever a recruit signs somewhere else?
And how much of it is personal to InfiniteJ? He seems to really not like TyTy, for whatever reason.
My opinion of the kid has nothing to do with the rumors I've heard about (I have a buddy who works for the Omaha World-Herald who told me a few things), but yeah, I'm not a fan of his.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:50 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 am

You and I are flipped on Curry and Clemence.
I see Clemence as an Enaruna without 2 years in the system.

He's a Kyle Singler type and 18 years old. I'm not sure that is what we want backing up at the 5, but it is nice to have options other than Mitch.
I think he's more polished and a better shooter, though less athletic than Enaruna, so he might have a better learning curve (at least offensively).

My fear is, Self is still pissed about missing on Hurt and he got a poor man's version.
Optimistically we got a guy with legitimate PF size who can stretch the defense.
I agree that clemence is a completely different player than enaranu. both are long forwards with some guard skills. but enaruna is a lot more athletic and clemence is a lot better shooter
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So how drunk was Bill when he said pettiford is gonna be the next great KU guard
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Pettiford showed some flashes earlier in his career but really fell behind with the injuries and seemed to take a step backwards this season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:27 pm So how drunk was Bill when he said pettiford is gonna be the next great KU guard
Maybe a little.
How drunk were you when you said Yesufu was gonna be better than Ochai, Braun and Harris and reminded you of Kyle Lowry?
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Bob is a worse shooter than Dajaun and has none of Dajuan's good qualities. Gotta go. Goodluck tho
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:27 pm So how drunk was Bill when he said pettiford is gonna be the next great KU guard
As drunk as you were 2 years ago when you said Clemence had some guard skills?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

this is a weird thread, but whatevs
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:56 pm
Maybe a little.
How drunk were you when you said Yesufu was gonna be better than Ochai, Braun and Harris and reminded you of Kyle Lowry?
Lol. I watched him go full Kyle Lowry for 2 games in the ncaa tourney, he dropped like 26 on the usc team that beat ochai, Braun and Harris by like 40. Ill have to look up what I said

We all had high hopes for yesefu before he got here. Bills structured system neutered yesefu and he never really got his mojo back
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the dude came off the bench for Drake. He had 2 good offensive games in a big spotlight (against USC he shot 18% on 2 pt fgs).

he was never gonna be Kyle Lowry.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

maybe never gonna be Kyle Lowry

but you'd think after two full seasons, here, at least one of Yesufu or Pettiford would have showed SOME development

and yet...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ah, it’s Bills fault.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

If he gets credit for developing players should he not get ridicule for not developing players?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

No, its yesefus fault. Not what I'm saying. But he had to completely change his offensive game to fit in here and get minutes. And he definitely lost his confidence/aggressiveness there for awhile. Not bills fault yesefus didn't have the toughness/adaptability. Bill was doing what was best for the team. But team success and individual success are 2 different things
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

In 4 years he has averaged.

3.8 ppg
12.1 ppg
2.1 ppg
4.1 ppg

he wasn't neutered, the blip in data isn't the bad year...... He caught lightning in a bottle, rode the lighting to KU. Good for him, but he was never thay great. We took a chance because we needed something, someone to provide offense. We were hoping he could do that consistently. We took him before Remy signed. If Remy signs first Joe isn't here.
Just Ledoux it