Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Joe Yesufu Commits

Post by Mjl »

See? Gold, Jerry, gold.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 pm Yesufu is better than anyone considering Kansas, including Tyty, so yes, that's what I meant by best available.
I feel a lot better now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 pm See? Gold, Jerry, gold.
Dont even get me started about ovaltine
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 pm I think this is more of a taking-the-best-available-player thing, regardless of desire for length
By available, you mean players that would actually commit here right now.

Maybe so, but I still think we brought him in to compete for the point guard position. It is pretty clear that Bill acknowledges how much of an issue it was. We might bring in 3 point guards that were not even on our radar in January.
If he starts over Harris we again have the problem of having only one guy who can really create off the bounce (I guess two if you include Wilson). I don't doubt that Yesufu will play the point some, but I think we'll still see a lot of Harris.

Yesufu is better than anyone considering Kansas, including Tyty, so yes, that's what I meant by best available.
Easy, Drake.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sixth man of the year in the valley, then became a starter, and averaged over 23 ppg the rest of the year, including three games against tournament teams. That's against much better competition than what Tyty plays against.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:07 pm Sixth man of the year in the valley, then became a starter, and averaged over 23 ppg the rest of the year, including three games against tournament teams. That's against much better competition than what Tyty plays against.
I certainly hope you're right. I was burned too bad by Charlie Moore, and the Valley is worse now than when you were there.

TyTy looks like a OAD but those don't always help out right away, either.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

I watched more Drake than anyone but KU this year, and every time they looked overmatched, Yesufu consistently stepped up with big shots and when defenses overcommitted he was athletic enough to beat them to the rim.

Certainly won't hurt the team, but I have a hunch too that he may play a big role on this team.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 pm I watched more Drake than anyone but KU this year, and every time they looked overmatched, Yesufu consistently stepped up with big shots and when defenses overcommitted he was athletic enough to beat them to the rim.

Certainly won't hurt the team, but I have a hunch too that he may play a big role on this team.
Love that he's here for 3 years. Of Harris, Pettiford and Yesufu, Yesufu is easily the one to be most excited for.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This guy is really really good. I know our starting back court seemed pretty locked in with harris braun and agbaji. but this guy might be better than all of them. I watched both his games against WSU and USC and he was incredible. reminds me a lot of kyle lowry
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 pm I watched more Drake than anyone but KU this year, and every time they looked overmatched, Yesufu consistently stepped up with big shots and when defenses overcommitted he was athletic enough to beat them to the rim.

That is good to hear. After watching Baylor guards drive to the rim at will against team after team, it was apparent that KU didn't have anyone who could do that. It was a huge weakness for last year's team.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

couldn’t? or wouldn’t?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The shot I saw him hit against USC sticks in my head. He went straight at Evan Mobley in the lane and put up a floater over him that went straight up and came down nothing but net. No one on this year's KU roster could have put that shot up and in. The comparisons to Mason seem legit to me. This kid wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. That mentality was in short supply for KU this year. This looks to be a very good pickup for next year.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I’m stoked. This kid is damn good.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:35 pm This guy is really really good. I know our starting back court seemed pretty locked in with harris braun and agbaji. but this guy might be better than all of them. I watched both his games against WSU and USC and he was incredible. reminds me a lot of kyle lowry

He starts at PG as of now. No question.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:07 pm Sixth man of the year in the valley, then became a starter, and averaged over 23 ppg the rest of the year, including three games against tournament teams. That's against much better competition than what Tyty plays against.
I certainly hope you're right. I was burned too bad by Charlie Moore, and the Valley is worse now than when you were there.

TyTy looks like a OAD but those don't always help out right away, either.
39% 3pt
83% FT

Will. Take.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Good name too
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm
hasbeen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm This guy aint coming in to back up. Remember this post.

He's a downhill scorer with athleticism and can shoot it a bit. It's a great fit.

He's also far and away better than Harris despite everyone's weird love for him.
Oh, 100% on board with Yesufu over Harris.
I think they may be better on the court together. He's more of an undersized 2 than a PG, hasn't shown to be a great distributor yet.
Here you go Qus, to answer your question from the other thread.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

23 minutes 7 points 5 boreds 4 dimes 2-7 fg 1-4 deep

Just wait til he has a hot shooting night
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Played a great game. Needed some run.