Mjl

Re: Joe Yesufu Commits

Post by Mjl »

3 steals too
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Solid game tonight. Hopefully a stepping stone to great things.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Good game for Yesufu. Best game as a Jayhawk.

...and DH still was the better player.

I do think Yesufu looks better alongside DH than he does when trying to be the PG. Which bodes well for next year when they can play together much more frequently.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It was good to see him finally hit a 3.
I couldn't remember the last time he did that.
Guy shot 38 percent last season.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:48 am It was good to see him finally hit a 3.
I couldn't remember the last time he did that.
Guy shot 38 percent last season.
I am glad we got to see him smile and have a good time. This has likely been a hard season for him. It's always easy to cheer for the guys who are struggling a little bit or adjusting to smaller roles than expected.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
( don't make the joke )
Deleted User 863

And it never is a bad thing to see improvement from players. Regardless of their role. We could use him this year. But we "need" him next year based on what PGs it looks like will be on the roster.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

What is this, the 2022-2023 lineup thread?

We got Dajuan starting prob the next 2-3 years.

And Joe.

And Kyle Cuffe being groomed.

In a sense, that’s better than our pg/small guard forecast had looked most years.

Now cue the debates: Juan will be recruited over, Joe isn’t a PG, and stuff
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:50 am What is this, the 2022-2023 lineup thread?

We got Dajuan starting prob the next 2-3 years.

And Joe. (Cue the “but he’s not a pg” debate”)

And Kyle Cuffe being groomed.

In a sense, that’s better than our pg/small guard forecast had looked most years.
Pettiford.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Him too!

In a big way.

I think after last season Self decided he never wanted to not have enough small guards again.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 am Him too!

In a big way.

I think after last season Self decided he never wanted to not have enough small guards again.
Which is so weird how he kept pedaling the story that he didn't recruit Remy out of HS because he thought he was too small.

Being too small has never been a problem for a Bill Self PG if anything he seems to prefer it.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cuffe isn't a pg.

Him, Joe, Rice, and KJ on the floor together would be super athletic. Not sure if they'd be good at basketball though.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

But it definitely seems like the roster is set up to play 2 small guards.

Is this going to start an argument where Illy says that means we're playing two PGs even though one is playing as the SG because whatever position you look like physically is what position you are and what your role on the court and in the offense is doesn't matter?

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Not saying it’ll for sure happen, but history suggests at least one of those guys is likely to transfer too

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:57 am
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 am Him too!

In a big way.

Which is so weird how he kept pedaling the story that he didn't recruit Remy out of HS because he thought he was too small.

Being too small has never been a problem for a Bill Self PG if anything he seems to prefer it.
Yea.

I think Self didn’t recruit Remy out of
HS cuz he can at least kind of shoot, and Self prefers guards who can’t.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 am But it definitely seems like the roster is set up to play 2 small guards.

Is this going to start an argument where Illy says that means we're playing two PGs even though one is playing as the SG because whatever position you look like physically is what position you are and what your role on the court and in the offense is doesn't matter?
Please, I can't anymore. But hell, even that would make more sense than the nonsense he was arguing last night.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KJ power forward lulz

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:01 am Not saying it’ll for sure happen, but history suggests at least one of those guys is likely to transfer too
Yep. Rice might not even come. And then I can't imagine all of Yes, Pettiford, Cuffe are going to give a senior night speech.

I'm also just fine with bringing in an upperclassman guard for next season, especially if Rice doesn't come. Sorry, I'm still just not sold on Dajuan playing 35+.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Oh, I’m not sold on that either. Not at all.

(Self might be though.)

Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:06 am
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:01 am Not saying it’ll for sure happen, but history suggests at least one of those guys is likely to transfer too
Yep. Rice might not even come. And then I can't imagine all of Yes, Pettiford, Cuffe are going to give a senior night speech.

I'm also just fine with bringing in an upperclassman guard for next season, especially if Rice doesn't come. Sorry, I'm still just not sold on Dajuan playing 35+.
Sure seemed like Rice planned on coming based on his interview inside AFH before the UK game with Grady Dick.