Joe Yesufu Commits

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Joe Yesufu Commits

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:06 am
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:01 am Not saying it’ll for sure happen, but history suggests at least one of those guys is likely to transfer too
Yep. Rice might not even come. And then I can't imagine all of Yes, Pettiford, Cuffe are going to give a senior night speech.

I'm also just fine with bringing in an upperclassman guard for next season, especially if Rice doesn't come. Sorry, I'm still just not sold on Dajuan playing 35+.
He already does
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:01 am Not saying it’ll for sure happen, but history suggests at least one of those guys is likely to transfer too
Yep. Rice might not even come. And then I can't imagine all of Yes, Pettiford, Cuffe are going to give a senior night speech.

I'm also just fine with bringing in an upperclassman guard for next season, especially if Rice doesn't come. Sorry, I'm still just not sold on Dajuan playing 35+.
I agree that we will likely see one of them transfer. I don't know anything but the Rice situation though. Why do you think he wont come?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:51 am

I agree that we will likely see one of them transfer. I don't know anything but the Rice situation though. Why do you think he wont come?
All of the recruiting media nerds have said all along that he is a G League Ignite guy. And, maybe it had to do a lot with him suddenly going to Prolific Prep, which is a cesspool prep-to-pro hoops factory.

But, his draft stock is dropping and making it look more likely he goes the college route. Only concern for me would be what kind of player we get out of a guy that is a 2-3 year type talent but always has one foot out the door starting on day one.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Devon Dotson, Brandon Rush, Darrell Arthur, lots of guys have had one foot out the door for 2-3 years and still great college players
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:11 pm Devon Dotson, Brandon Rush, Darrell Arthur, lots of guys have had one foot out the door for 2-3 years and still great college players
So were Josh selby, cliff Alexander, etc. You never know how its gonna go
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:55 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:51 am

All of the recruiting media nerds have said all along that he is a G League Ignite guy. And, maybe it had to do a lot with him suddenly going to Prolific Prep, which is a cesspool prep-to-pro hoops factory.

But, his draft stock is dropping and making it look more likely he goes the college route. Only concern for me would be what kind of player we get out of a guy that is a 2-3 year type talent but always has one foot out the door starting on day one.
I'm out of the loop when it comes to media recruiting nerds. Thanks. Yeah my impression of my Rice is similar to Wayne seldon as a recruit. Strong athletic wing/guard. But not necessarily a shooter or someone very draftable without improving their game
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:05 am KJ power forward lulz
KJ Adams is a power forward.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Depends on definition of PF.

I think it's like this:
PF: Big enough to defend the post and get rebounds. Some ability to handle, can switch onto some slow perimeter players, maybe has a mid-range jumper, probably not a great shot blocker.
Stretch 4: See PF, but can hit 3s.
Modern PF: Used to be called a Small Forward. Can switch 2-4, maybe even on the 1 or 5 occasionally. Can handle the ball and rebound on both ends. Should be able to hit 3s.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Offensively, at least, doesn’t a power forward have some sorta back to the basket game

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Is KJ Adams a BIG?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Only in the sense he’s slightly less prone to getting ragdolled than Mitch, I guess, but that’s not saying much
Last edited by Qusdahl on Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:43 pm Depends on definition of PF.

I think it's like this:
PF: Big enough to defend the post and get rebounds. Some ability to handle, can switch onto some slow perimeter players, maybe has a mid-range jumper, probably not a great shot blocker.
Stretch 4: See PF, but can hit 3s.
Modern PF: Used to be called a Small Forward. Can switch 2-4, maybe even on the 1 or 5 occasionally. Can handle the ball and rebound on both ends. Should be able to hit 3s.
KJ Adams is a mobile PF who is slightly undersized (height wise, not strength wise obviously). In my opinion of course.
Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:03 pm Only in the sense he’s slightly less prone to getting ragdolled than Mitch, I guess, but that’s not saying much
So he's a wing?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Asking for the third time:

How’s KJ’s back to the basket game?

For a guy otherwise eager to die on the power forward hill, you seem to keep avoiding that one

Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:49 pm Offensively, at least, doesn’t a power forward have some sorta back to the basket game
Doesn't KJ score almost all his points in the paint around the basket?
Deleted User 863

I must have missed the games where KJ was shooting jumpers on the perimeter like KD.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Bro he’s scored 31 points all year.

And I’m asking you cuz, don’t you remember, I thought I don’t even watch the games, right?

If he’s scoring in the paint around the basket, does that mean he’s a slasher?

Or maybe it’s more on putbacks and such, as a utility guy, when our actual bigs are sucking too much?

Or is he posting folks up like a power forward?

Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:10 pm Bro he’s scored 31 points all year.

And I’m asking you cuz, don’t you remember, I thought I don’t even watch the games, right?

Or maybe it’s more on putbacks and such, as a utility guy, when our actual bigs are sucking too much?

Is he a BIG?
Deleted User 863

If we have KJ and Dave in the game together are we playing 2 bigs?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:12 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:10 pm Bro he’s scored 31 points all year.

Is he a BIG?
No not really?