How we learned it in school

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: How we learned it in school

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:12 am
Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 pm Hey Illanoy, I know you may be confused. K State is a completely different school than The University of Kansas.
Comedy routine still needs some work.
A comedy routing is something a comedian has worked out over a period of time, that is crafted and often in preparation for a filmed special or recorded album. I think this would be more accurately defined as a joke.

And jokes are funny. Things that are funny are not usually considered work, so I think what you actually meant was probably that your joke needs to be re-written.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just by chance, the wife and i decided to rewatch Amistad recently. i don’t think i’d seen it since it originally came out

coincidentally, there is currently a renewed push (led by a group of black scuba divers associated with NatGeo) to find as many sunken slave ships as possible (likely more than 1,000) and tell their stories and the stories of their captives

this is the group that recently discovered the slave ship Clotilda in Alabama’s Mobile River, which is believed to be the last such ship to have illegally transported slaves to the US
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who gets to say what kids read?

(maybe [some] parents aren’t the best ones to choose)

https://radiowest.kuer.org/show/radiowe ... -kids-read
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... D24E026F2C

This Woman Saved the Americas From the Nazis

Pioneering codebreaker Elizebeth Friedman, a poet and mother of two, smashed spy rings by solving secret messages.

...Although she put gangsters behind bars and smashed Nazi spy rings in South America, Friedman’s name has been forgotten. Her work remained classified for decades, and others took credit for her achievements...

fucking Hoover…smfh
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Conservatives are so cute. CRT is very much a right side of history issue. All they are doing is delaying the inevitable.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

What exactly is inevitable?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

It’s inevitable they go down in the history books as a buncha Qusdahls
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the inevitability, imo, is that this country continues to become less white and more multi-cultural

the right stomping their feet about faux CRT teaching is indicative of their fear of a stasis that is disappearing. if there is one guarantee in this life, it’s change

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Seahawk or Japhy posted a wonderful analogy of this scenario several months ago.

About idealistic America, where you went to Church on Sunday and came home to watch your favorite Andy Griffith show while eating fried chicken…

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

South Park has a great take on it with the member berries.

So many Mericans long for some rosy sentimental days of yore that never actually existed, and sucked either way for anyone who wasn’t a white straight Christian male.

Q longs for those days too.

How nostalgic!

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

… What is school for? This is the kind of foundational question that arises when a crisis shakes the public’s faith in an essential institution. “The original thinkers about public education were concerned almost to a point of paranoia about creating self-governing citizens,” Robert Pondiscio, a former fifth-grade teacher in the South Bronx and a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, told me. “Horace Mann went to his grave having never once uttered the phrase college- and career-ready. We’ve become more accustomed to thinking about the private ends of education. We’ve completely lost the habit of thinking about education as citizen-making.”…

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ls/622824/
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Deleted User 863

Hey now, both sides do it is supposed to be my thing!
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

right over your head, it went.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 863

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:01 pm right over your head, it went.
Here you are. Again.

...it appears my comment went right over YOUR head.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »