Lance Leipold

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Lance Leipold

Post by pdub »

Our offensive line opened up a lot of space for Neal and he took it from there at the next level.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think oSu thought Bean was a better deep ball thrower than short. Bean lacks touch. But he was on point today.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bean was our second best player in our biggest win in over a decade.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Should maybe not fire Leipold's best friend Brian Borland, either.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:47 am Should maybe not fire Leipold's best friend Brian Borland, either.
It’s not a flashy defense. But they make opponents drive and hope they make a mistake with a penalty or turnover.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:50 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:47 am Should maybe not fire Leipold's best friend Brian Borland, either.
It’s not a flashy defense. But they make opponents drive and hope they make a mistake with a penalty or turnover.
When the defense struggles, it almost always looks like a lack of horses, to me. Having them back healthy yesterday was huge. Gave up a bunch of yards, but seems we avoided the back breaking plays this week.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We played a pretty bad QB who we rattled early. I was never concerned he could mount a comeback.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:37 am I think oSu thought Bean was a better deep ball thrower than short. Bean lacks touch. But he was on point today.
He missed three short throws and Casey made the catch of the day on another to save a first down. Weird short range proclivities.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think I missed this a few days back. But Footballscoop.com is pretty informed. Said Nebraska is looking at 3 coaches in addition to current interim guy.

Matt Rhule, Gary Patterson and Jeff Monken from Army.

Seems like they aren't moving towards Leipold's direction. And Wisconsin is killing it with their interim coach, Leonard.

Does Kansas make it out of this coaching cycle in good standing? Sure seems like it's a possibility.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

could be that Lance squashed any sort of convo with the nubs or wiscy before it even happened
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

That 3-game losing streak made a big difference as well. I think a lot of the Leipold hype early on was a combination of KU's hot start and the trend of firing coaches earlier and earlier. KU's going to come out of this just fine. Leipold will most likely be here a long time if he's still here after both those jobs opened up during the same coaching change window.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I read a rumor over the weekend that nubs were down to Rhule or Leipold. Who knows.

I will stand on that I think Leipold is exactly what nebraska needs, but they should go ahead and fuck their hire up again.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The hype train might have continued if not for a couple missed calls in the game v TCU.
Blessing in disguise maybe.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:29 pm I read a rumor over the weekend that nubs were down to Rhule or Leipold. Who knows.

I will stand on that I think Leipold is exactly what nebraska needs, but they should go ahead and fuck their hire up again.
Oh he 100% is the perfect hire. But they won't do it. They want splashy.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:29 pm I read a rumor over the weekend that nubs were down to Rhule or Leipold. Who knows.

They just lack so much self-awareness. Depending on how TCU finishes, Leipold will challenge Dykes for Big 12 COY. That's a damn splash for UNL, the only Power 5 school without a bowl appearance in the last 5 years.

I like Rhule, but only UNL thinks yet another fired NFL coach is a splash.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Nebraska isn't relevant enough for anyone they hire to be considered a "splash" to anyone other than their own fanbase.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Nebraska needs to win out to avoid being the only Power 5 team to not qualify for a bowl in the past 5 seasons.

at Michigan
vs. Wisconsin
at Iowa
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:47 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 pm

They just lack so much self-awareness. Depending on how TCU finishes, Leipold will challenge Dykes for Big 12 COY. That's a damn splash for UNL, the only Power 5 school without a bowl appearance in the last 5 years.

I like Rhule, but only UNL thinks yet another fired NFL coach is a splash.
Of the dozens of Husker fans I have spoken to about the coaching vacancy, the vast majority would consider Leipold to be an excellent hire that they would be thrilled with.

I personally hope they hire former TCU coach Gary Patterson.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Dozens?