Lance Leipold

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Lance Leipold

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:10 pm Dozens?
Do you just roll around here looking for arguments to start?

Yes, I live and work in Nebraska and have had conversations with dozens of people about Husker football since Frost was fired nearly 2 months ago. It and Creighton basketball are what sports fans talk about here. Everyone knows that I am a Kansas fan and they seem to love to initiate conversations with me about how they want to steal our coach as some sort of "don't get too excited about your fun year, we're gonna steal your coach" thing.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:56 pm
Is this a serious question?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Yes, I live and work in Nebraska and have had conversations with dozens of people about Husker football since Frost was fired nearly 2 months ago. It and Creighton basketball are what sports fans talk about here. Everyone knows that I am a Kansas fan and they seem to love to initiate conversations with me about how they want to steal our coach as some sort of "don't get too excited about your fun year, we're gonna steal your coach" thing.
Did you ask them at the mall?
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Fan voting for the Bear Bryant Award is open now. You know what to do.

https://bryantawards.org/fan-vote/
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:40 pm

Did you ask them at the mall?
TFW a poster is so tiresome I take twocoach's side in an argument
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TFW DC uses the acronym TFW
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:47 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:29 pm I read a rumor over the weekend that nubs were down to Rhule or Leipold. Who knows.

I will stand on that I think Leipold is exactly what nebraska needs, but they should go ahead and fuck their hire up again.
Oh he 100% is the perfect hire. But they won't do it. They want splashy.
They just lack so much self-awareness. Depending on how TCU finishes, Leipold will challenge Dykes for Big 12 COY. That's a damn splash for UNL, the only Power 5 school without a bowl appearance in the last 5 years.

I like Rhule, but only UNL thinks yet another fired NFL coach is a splash.
I've said I don't like Trev personally, but he's smart and is probably more genuinely concerned about the best interests of the program than any Nebraska AD since Devaney (including my beloved f-i-l). He may fuck this up, but not for lack of trying.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:11 pm TFW DC uses the acronym TFW
IKR?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I had to Google it
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Big win for KU.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClSWGVAuvbD/?

One guy is coming off a 4 game suspension and the other guy just lost by 41 points.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

one guy is a hall of famer and has the second most wins of any coach in the school’s history, not to mention two natties and a record string of conference titles

the other guy is in the midst of rescuing and resurrecting a program that has been the laughing stock and butt of jokes of the college football world for more than a decade
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

It'll be interesting to see how much Coach Leipold's buyout is...hopefully it's significant.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I imagine so. He is here for the duration
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He’s not staying if the stadium isn’t happening and he’ll have a say in it.

I bet he also feels confident that Kansas won’t stay in this new Big 12. I think there’s going to be some movement again this spring and summer.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:13 pm one guy is a hall of famer and has the second most wins of any coach in the school’s history, not to mention two natties and a record string of conference titles

the other guy is in the midst of rescuing and resurrecting a program that has been the laughing stock and butt of jokes of the college football world for more than a decade
Good job staying focused from the correct perspective.

Side note: it's a shame some other posters sully things w/ snark, using feigned "self-awareness" as a (two-bit and tired) camouflage.

RCJH
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 pm He’s not staying if the stadium isn’t happening and he’ll have a say in it.

I bet he also feels confident that Kansas won’t stay in this new Big 12. I think there’s going to be some movement again this spring and summer.
I know better than to doubt you. Hmm.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:14 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 pm He’s not staying if the stadium isn’t happening and he’ll have a say in it.

I know better than to doubt you. Hmm.
It's pure speculation. But the stadium is happening and will have Leipold's approval of some sort. Just like Anderson had Mangino's.

The conference thing is still a hopeful thing, but I think that Kansas needed to have a football season like this for the Big 10 or anyone else to consider Kansas. And Leipold pulled it out. Regardless of the finish. 6-7 is going to be a great record in year 2.

Speaking of conferences. THE BRAND of the new Big 12 is Kansas. It is the lead brand of the conference. More than oSu, more than kstate, more than Iowa State or TCU or Baylor. It's Kansas. Maybe Leipold will like that too.