Lance Leipold

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Lance Leipold

Post by Sparko »

I agree KU is the brand. Basketball greatness is all on KU. The other schools struggled to get that together and have mostly. But look at the amount of prime time programming is BB related.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:17 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:14 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:06 pm He’s not staying if the stadium isn’t happening and he’ll have a say in it.

I bet he also feels confident that Kansas won’t stay in this new Big 12. I think there’s going to be some movement again this spring and summer.
I know better than to doubt you. Hmm.
It's pure speculation. But the stadium is happening and will have Leipold's approval of some sort. Just like Anderson had Mangino's.

The conference thing is still a hopeful thing, but I think that Kansas needed to have a football season like this for the Big 10 or anyone else to consider Kansas. And Leipold pulled it out. Regardless of the finish. 6-7 is going to be a great record in year 2.

Speaking of conferences. THE BRAND of the new Big 12 is Kansas. It is the lead brand of the conference. More than oSu, more than kstate, more than Iowa State or TCU or Baylor. It's Kansas. Maybe Leipold will like that too.
WTF are you talking about???? We for sure have not been invited to another conference because of our football team and it's lack of success. The stadium needed to move forward for any chance of us getting invited to Big10 or SEC. This is 100% all about football.

The Big 12 and Pac 12 are dead man walking. Any team in either of those gets a call from SEC and Big 10 and they are ghost.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:52 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/ClSWGVAuvbD/?

One guy is coming off a 4 game suspension and the other guy just lost by 41 points.

Ok, that's funny.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I like the new look big 12.

Being the worst or 2nd worst team most years in the big10 or SEC doesn't seem all that fun.

Money is nice and all, but there should be more to the decision than how can we make as much money as possible. I think we should have some loyalty to the other big 12 teams, if possible.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

New contract $5M/year. Big buyout until April of 2023. 12.5m buyout.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh and if Memorial Stadium renovation and Anderson Football Complex renovation doesn't start by a certain point, Lance can resign without having to owe anything.

Memorial Stadium December of 2023 and Anderson Football Complex is July of 2023.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:05 pm Oh and if Memorial Stadium renovation and Anderson Football Complex renovation doesn't start by a certain point, Lance can resign without having to owe anything.

Memorial Stadium December of 2023 and Anderson Football Complex is July of 2023.
I found that interesting because I thought Goff said the Anderson Football Complex would be renovated first. I guess since there's far less work to do on it than the stadium it makes sense.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Correct. They'll work it closer to the field and make it to where there's not an open walkway for the players to come to the field. It will be all enclosed is my guess.

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

I'm sure they'll renovate inside as well. New locker room and gym space. Seems like power 5 teams upgrade those every couple of years now to keep up.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic has Coach Leipold as the 11th best coach in college football...pretty damn impressive.

11. Lance Leipold, Kansas (2022: No. 25): Prior to last season, Kansas had not finished better than 3-9 in a season since 2009. Leipold shot right past that milestone and took KU to a bowl game in just his second season. It’s the latest and most remarkable feat yet for the 58-year-old, who led Wisconsin-Whitewater to six national championships and Buffalo to two division titles in three years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's already surpassed my expectations.
Just hope he can keep it going.
I don't think it's fair to the program at this point to expect another bowl game but I kinda am.

6 regular season wins with a win v ksu and a bowl win would be another grade A season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:20 am He's already surpassed my expectations.
I don't think it's fair to the program at this point to expect another bowl game but I kinda am.

6 regular season wins with a win v ksu and a bowl win would be another grade A season.
So uh.
This Lance guy.
Please keep him.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think KU may play for more fans over the season than any past one. Besides Nevada, pretty much every game a sell out
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:00 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:20 am He's already surpassed my expectations.

So uh.
This Lance guy.
Please keep him.
As in demand as he may be, I just don't see another school offering him enough money to leave.
Only way he MIGHT leave is if some "elite" program offered him substantially more $ - like 1.5 X what he's currently being paid.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

And why wouldn’t KU match that? They seem to be playing with Monopoly money these days.

Also, I wonder what rank the journalist that ranked LL 11 in offseason would have him ranked now?
surly

Post by surly »

obviously, a good thing when your coach is in demand. klieman said lance was a great hire at the time. he was correct.

it will be interesting to see what comes next saturday, and then after the season. klieman has said he's not interested in the michigan state job. both coaches are fully qualified candidates.

https://twitter.com/GabeIkard/status/17 ... 9983007%2F
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I get no feeling that Leipold wants to go anywhere. He's almost 60, he is successfully reviving our program, and I believe he'll ride it out to see the fruits for several more years, at least.

Michigan State is a dumpster fire of dumpster fires right now. I'd be surprised if either Kansas based coaches leave to go there.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:45 am I get no feeling that Leipold wants to go anywhere. He's almost 60, he is successfully reviving our program, and I believe he'll ride it out to see the fruits for several more years, at least.

Michigan State is a dumpster fire of dumpster fires right now. I'd be surprised if either Kansas based coaches leave to go there.
I live in Michigan, and the word up here is that Urban Meyer will be announced as the new HC in the next couple of days.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Urban Meyer makes more sense than anyone else in the world, I suppose. It makes me cringe (pre-slang use of that word) everytime I see him on TV as a host. He's gross.

Eat a flint style koegel coney for me.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the mortgage guy has a lot of money to throw around. and he is very generous to msu.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"