Lance Leipold

Kansas Football.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Lance Leipold

Post by KUTradition »

lmao
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

surly wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:46 am it's hardly spam when the coach has to deny the rumors on his show. it was all over social media and national talk shows yesterday. take it up with cbs, not the messenger. that said, lance has put an end to it.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... o-be-here/
Back2Lawernce expressed my sentiment but I am going to add.....

"rumors"? plural?
You shared a rumor. Singular. From a jag off who you had probably never heard of and is/was as credible of a source on the subject as I would be in regards anything related to rocket science.

"It" was NOT "all over social media and national talk shows yesterday".

I challenge you provide one CREDIBLE source that reported Lance Leipold and Michigan State were in advanced talks to make the Kansas Jayhawks Head Coach the 27th Head Coach in school history. And that an announcement could be expected as soon as Sunday afternoon. Deal is expected to be north of $9m/year.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in the next 2-4 weeks, or so. HCLL is going to get paid by somebody. i just hope it is by KANSAS.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

That's your response to my post?
Do you not realize/care that you're incriminating (and embarrassing) yourself?
Yes, I actually clicked on each of those links and not a single one supports (let alone proves) that
Michael 'MSU guy' McDougal @MikeyMcDougalMS shared a TRUE rumor.
Right? Or am I wrong?

Of course schools were going to attempt to contact Leipold. That's not news to anyone.

Again, I challenge you to please provide a credible/reliable source that states Lance Leipold and Michigan State were in advanced talks to make him the Head Coach at MSU - and states/stated an announcement could be expected as soon as Sunday afternoon - and states/stated that a/the deal is expected to be north of $9m/year.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

during an interview on his weekly Hawk Talk radio show.

"This [radio interview] is the only interview and that's the way it's going to be," Leipold said Wednesday. "The one thing that happens this time of year is there's a lot of speculation and things that are happening that are not accurate. As I've said for a long time, [Kansas athletic director] Travis Goff and Chancellor [Douglas] Girod have treated Kelly and I extremely well and our family. It is our plan and our expectation that we want to be here and this is going to be the last job that we have."
surly

Post by surly »

artful wordsmanship. is lance a lawyer by training?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ban
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
surly

Post by surly »

RealBaylorNews
@RealBaylorNews
·
Nov 12
Baylor University announces change in Baylor football leadership, effective immediately.

More info is in the link in our bio.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

a. why did you post this here on this thread?
b. why are you posting here, this bored, at all?
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Weirder still, it's not even true.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:19 pmban
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I had never read through this thread until today. Good first 10 pages. Some gem posts. Both sarcastically and for real.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Just listened to Bukaty interview Lance on 810. Recommend finding the podcast when it goes up.

Lance couldn’t be more impressive as a program leader, and obviously he backs it up on the field.

The part I admire most (and try to emulate most) is something I also see in Bill - an attention to detail that creeps right up to, but does not cross, the line between obsessive and oppressive.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sounds like Lance has turned down Washington.

At this point the medium-term outcome seems pretty binary. Either Lance will jump to Michigan this year, or he’s here for a while.

Wild that our program’s fate purely depends on Lance’s precise motivations and ambitions.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he is truly the leading candidate at Michigan, I think we are fucked.

He’s from that part of the Midwest and you don’t get much better of a football program than that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:57 pm If he is truly the leading candidate at Michigan, I think we are fucked.

He’s from that part of the Midwest and you don’t get much better of a football program than that.
Maybe. But is that what he wants? The competition will be stiffer, and the expectations higher. Nasty combo.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
He’s already worshiped here and could go 0-12 next season and we wouldn’t bat an eye giving him another shot the following. And the peak storyline is just a greater gap: from basement dweller to national contender? Give him a statue next to Bills and a suggestion box to boot.

But $$$$ for all the best recruits you want and a clearer path at a natty.