Another Stimulus Check?

Ugh.
twocoach

Another Stimulus Check?

Post by twocoach »

Just got a letter from The White House dated April 29th regarding money being paid out from the American Rescue Plan that states we should be getting more money sent our way in the next 7 days.

I wasn't expecting another round of money. Did others receive this? Didn't we just get one of these relatively recently?
Deleted User 89

Re: Another Stimulus Check?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:10 pm Just got a letter from The White House dated April 29th regarding money being paid out from the American Rescue Plan that states we should be getting more money sent our way in the next 7 days.

I wasn't expecting another round of money. Did others receive this? Didn't we just get one of these relatively recently?
i did

couldn’t convince myself if the letter meant more money was coming, or if it was just confirming what we’d already received...it sure made it sound like there was more coming
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I didn't get anything.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:19 pm I didn't get anything.
Isn't it great that those who contribute a shitload in taxes (such as myself) get nothing while there are A LOT of people who don't contribute as much (in taxes) AND DON'T NEED the money and yet they are the happy recipients of multiple "stimulus" checks?

I'll answer my question - NO
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Another one? I assumed that was the letter saying we should've got one already. Maybe im wrong but i think that was just confirmation for the previous allotment
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm Another one? I assumed that was the letter saying we should've got one already. Maybe im wrong but i think that was just confirmation for the previous allotment
When it says I "should expect a payment in the next seven days and if you don't see it then call..." I take that to be different than "you should have received a payment some time in the last 4 weeks and if you didn't then call..." but I am a stickler for properly worded procedures documents so maybe it's just me.
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:35 pm
TDub wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm Another one? I assumed that was the letter saying we should've got one already. Maybe im wrong but i think that was just confirmation for the previous allotment
When it says I "should expect a payment in the next seven days and if you don't see it then call..." I take that to be different than "you should have received a payment some time in the last 4 weeks and if you didn't then call..." but I am a stickler for properly worded procedures documents so maybe it's just me.
not just you...i was confused by the language as well
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

It was just confirming receipt.

Language was a bit weird, but once i read it twice i understood.

There is not another one coming.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 pm The replies...lulz

https://twitter.com/repdavidrouzer/stat ... 86080?s=21
People used to take pride in working to support themselves. There was honor in work, regardless of how much one made. Today, people are conditioned to sit and wait for their check and complain that they aren't being paid enough to bus tables and wash dishes.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dont get ous started......we don't have time for that diatribe.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And fuck i certainly hope you dont expect the customer service desk to do anything outside of showing up.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Who the hell owns/manages that hardees? That's who's lazy and entitled. Why did you wait to this point to hire someone? Where was the forethought and planning? If no one's applying raise the pay. If you're understaffed, offer overtime. Call a friend/family/neighbor to help you. Go in early yourself and do more prep work, stay late to clean up. Who the hell just doesn't open the store they own/manage?

If I was the franchisee, I'd be in there working myself, to make sure I didn't have this kind of embarrassment? We're upset at the wrong lazy person here, where is the pride and honor in the franchisee? Make it a better place to work
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:58 pm Who the hell owns/manages that hardees? That's who's lazy and entitled. Why did you wait to this point to hire someone? Where was the forethought and planning? If no one's applying raise the pay. If you're understaffed, offer overtime. Call a friend/family/neighbor to help you. Go in early yourself and do more prep work, stay late to clean up. Who the hell just doesn't open the store they own/manage?

If I was the franchisee, I'd be in there working myself, to make sure I didn't have this kind of embarrassment? We're upset at the wrong lazy person here, where is the pride and honor in the franchisee? Make it a better place to work
Don't know if you've ever had to make payroll or turn a profit for a privately-owned business, but there's a point at which you can't spend any more money and still make any. If you're going to pay Stoner Bob $15 an hour to flip burgers, then those burgers have to go up in price. Then the consumer begins to wonder if that burger is really worth the $8.95 they're paying for it, which means that business goes down. But Stoner Bob still expects his $15 an hour for showing up late, taking a smoke break every 45 minutes, and getting the orders wrong. So, whose pocket does that come out of? The "lazy" franchise owner who probably mortgaged his house to pay the original franchise fee and is trying to keep his head above water.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so you’re worried about the franchise owner trying to “keep his head above water” but not Stoner Bob?
Deleted User 89

stoner bob?

my guess is you don’t know many stoners

but way to stereotype...good job, dad
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe has made it too easy to stay home.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:52 am uncle joe has made it too easy to stay home.
What makes you say that?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoda guessed capitalism could be so classist?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ok Bob
Just Ledoux it