Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am
Good for HIM. Maybe I mean bad for HIM?
What I think I mean is that he probably doesn't really know what is best for HIM or what is not best for HIM in regards to this issue - and as others have said, it's pretty much a no win situation for HIM.
There's no perfectly "right" thing that the US can do in this situation when the parties involved are both in the wrong. It is absolutely a no-win situation. Definitely one of the many shitty parts of the job.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am
Good for HIM. Maybe I mean bad for HIM?
What I think I mean is that he probably doesn't really know what is best for HIM or what is not best for HIM in regards to this issue - and as others have said, it's pretty much a no win situation for HIM.
There's no perfectly "right" thing that the US can do in this situation when the parties involved are both in the wrong. It is absolutely a no-win situation. Definitely one of the many shitty parts of the job.
^^^

Sadly, same as it ever was since 1948.

Which makes attempts to hang this around Biden's neck fatuous, as best.

President Biden is threatening to cut off weapons if Israel invades Rafah, sparking a fiery response from Senator Lindsey Graham who criticizes the withholding of support as endangering Israel's existence amidst regional threats. Joe Scarborough reacts to his latest political gesturing: "Does he really think we're that stupid? They were the ones holding up support for Israel for months, and, now, he's doing the Jimmy Swaggart routine, crying and being self-righteous? We know what happened! Come on, Lindsey!"

'Does he really think we're that stupid?': Joe reacts to Lindsey Graham's latest political gesturing
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Those that want to find fault with Biden will do so no matter what he chooses to do. Bitching and complaining and blaming the people in charge is how people with no plan of their own stay relevant.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/09/politics ... index.html

A timeline of the decisions and conversations with Israel for those who think this just popped into his head in response to watching college kids protest for a few weeks.