Israel/Palestine

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Israel/Palestine

Post by TDub »

I'd prefer nobody blew themselves off the face of the Earth.

But if we're going down this dark and fantastical road, I'd like to throw a vote in for Missouri.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Michigan > Middle East > Mizzery
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 am Michigan > Middle East > Mizzery
I mean, outside of Misery, I guess I am against eradication.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Parts of the Middle East, Michigan, and Mizzery, are lovely places. Parts are shitholes.
I don't feel the world would be a better place without the Middle East, Michigan, and Mizzery, but I sure as heck feel the world would be a better place if some of the people living in those places didn't exist.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Part of me says that if you live in Michigan OR Misery, you are suffering enough.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The International Court of Justice declined to order Israel to cease military operations in Gaza while it weighs South Africa’s claim that the country is committing genocide against Palestinians...

per WSJ
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

wtf

More Countries Halt Aid to U.N. Agency Amid Claims Staff Involved in Israel Attack

TEL AVIV—Growing numbers of Western countries suspended aid to the U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees Saturday after allegations that a dozen of its staff took part in the Oct. 7 attacks in Israel that killed some 1,200 people, the biggest single loss of Jewish life since the Holocaust…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I was just going to post that, it's about fucking time.

I hope it's the beginning of a trend.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anyone care to disagree?

This election cycle, the billionaire-backed AIPAC Super PAC is expected to spend $100 million to unseat progressive members of Congress who dare to speak out about the horrific disaster in Gaza.

Their message is clear:
If you criticize Netanyahu, you will be targeted.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Shaq says what non-bigots are thinking to famous anti-Semite:

Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I like the Jewish people and think they should be able to repel the savageness of Hamas. I might add that I don’t believe that all the attackers on Oct 7 were Hamas but were ordinary Palestinians.
Attacks on West Bank settlers should be handled internally and not be subjected to other countries interference.

Progressives speaking out against the horrific disaster in Gaza? (Let’em complain, won’t do any good.)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Another point is the mindset of Hamas.
They are not in favor of a “two state solution “. They want Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth and want all of the land for themselves. Impossible solution.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:31 pm Another point is the mindset of Hamas.
They are not in favor of a “two state solution “. They want Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth and want all of the land for themselves. Impossible solution.

^^^

Which is why Bibi et al are not unjustified in feeling as tho anything less than the elimination of Hamas, is nothing more than a pause that allows them to begin planning the next Oct 7th,

again.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

February 19, 2024-Netanyahu is pursuing a war strategy that is not going to allow him to reach his stated goal. However, his real goal is to stay in power as long as he can.

Mitchell MInute 1804-Bibi's Craven Need to Stay in Power
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

March 4, 2024-The vice-president called for an immediate ceasefire. This is a good proposal from the administration. It should have been raised months ago, but should still be pursued.

Mitchell Minute 1817-Kamala Harris Calls for a Ceasefire
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Netanyahu isn't happy. His main political rival is meeting with Vice President Harris today.

Cry me a river, Bibi.

Aaron David Miller
@aarondmiller2

The Administration is giving Gantz the one thing it's denied Netanyahu -- a White House visit. Meetings with the VP and NSA are scheduled. If the President is in town, he ought to do a drop by.

Israel's ambassador to the US told not to participate in war cabinet minister's meetings in Washington, DC

From CNN's Alex Marquardt

Israeli war cabinet Minister Benny Gantz, one of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's main political rivals, is expected to meet with senior officials of Joe Biden's administration without the Israeli ambassador on Monday, as is standard when leaders of foreign governments visit.

The Israeli ambassador to Washington, DC, Michael Herzog, has been instructed by Netanyahu’s office not to handle Gantz’s visit, said an official familiar with the trip.

It’s a sign of the disapproval Netanyahu has with Gantz going to the US capital.

Earlier, Israel's public broadcaster Kan reported that Netanyahu was not aware of Gantz's plans and instructed the Israeli embassy in Washington to not facilitate the visit.

But Gantz said he personally informed Netanyahu about his plans to visit Washington, DC, over the weekend, according to a statement released by his office.

The Israeli embassy in Washington, DC, declined to comment. CNN has reached out to the prime ministers’ office for comment.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

UN team finds ‘convincing’ information that hostages in Gaza were raped

A United Nations team has found “clear and convincing” information that hostages in Gaza were sexually abused, Pramila Patten, the UN special envoy on sexual violence in conflict told reporters on Monday. There are “reasonable grounds” to believe the sexual violence is ongoing, she added...

According to Patten, the team also found “reasonable grounds to believe that conflict related sexual violence, including rape and gang rape occurred” during Hamas’ October 7 terror attack in Israel, in what is the most definitive finding by the global organization on sexual assault allegations in the aftermath of the attack...
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto