Remy!

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Remy!

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:37 pm He's gonna be a pro. I don't see him playing much in the NBA. Last night he exploited a favorable matchup but it was fortunate that he did because only two of our guys showed up on offense.
*by pro i meant NBA
Jalen is big and skilled enough to have a long career over seas somewhere. But we know the NBA is his dream. And I think he's just too slow and unathletic to ever really get a chance.

Would love to see him play a senior year at kansas tho
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:07 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:00 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:35 am

His personality is the antithesis of Bill’s March personality. We would have been toast without it and in Lawrence this weekend.
The personality point is so true. As much as Bill doesn’t like to admit it, he’s so tight. Remy is not.
Sherron, Tyshawn, Devonte', Remy-
Oh for christ sakes, remy has been good for like 15% of 1 season. Those guys are in a different league imo. We don't need to over exaggerate his performance this season.

If Remy can play 3 more games like his last 3+ games then I will be happy.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think Jalen will be a solid NBA player.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't know why we're pretending that Remy's stretch of bad games was because of anything besides his injury.

He was a solid 11/4/3 guy before he hurt his knee. That's also when he was REALLY adjusting to the new team.

He was still attending and sometimes participating in practice in the interim.

I'd say that the player he was before the injury is his baseline, so it's fair to expect him to be that good or better going forward.

The amount of season he was healthy for doesn't really impact the level he's playing at now.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:28 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:00 pm

The personality point is so true. As much as Bill doesn’t like to admit it, he’s so tight. Remy is not.
Oh for christ sakes, remy has been good for like 15% of 1 season. Those guys are in a different league imo. We don't need to over exaggerate his performance this season.

For Christ sakes you should learn how to fucking read. My post was entirely about those players’ personalities.

But it’s quite telling how worked up you are over Remy leading us to an Elite Eight. Your purpose here is to not actually celebrate KU’s success.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:44 pm I don't know why we're pretending that Remy's stretch of bad games was because of anything besides his injury.

He was a solid 11/4/3 guy before he hurt his knee. That's also when he was REALLY adjusting to the new team.

I'd say that the player he was before the injury is his baseline, so it's fair to expect him to be that good or better going forward.

The amount of season he was healthy for doesn't really impact the level he's playing at now.
Because it would require posters to admit their dumbass trolling hot takes they made in season were wrong.

mjl is a good example of what a poster should be. He had his doubts about Remy but is now admitting how much Remy helps this team. Because he wants KU to win.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I love it when people have intense opinions on subjects that they have very little knowledge on.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:16 pm I love it when people have intense opinions on subjects that they have very little knowledge on.
ahh well, you're in the right place. If thats your sorta thing you should check out the other boards on here. Absolutely loaded with that stuff....like 1997 KU loaded.
Just Ledoux it
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:22 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:16 pm I love it when people have intense opinions on subjects that they have very little knowledge on.
ahh well, you're in the right place. If thats your sorta thing you should check out the other boards on here. Absolutely loaded with that stuff....like 1997 KU loaded.
I'm well aware.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:21 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:28 pm

For Christ sakes you should learn how to fucking read. My post was entirely about those players’ personalities.

But it’s quite telling how worked up you are over Remy leading us to an Elite Eight. Your purpose here is to not actually celebrate KU’s success.
Weird. I've been very excited about Remy emerging. He's playing awesome. He's the main reason we are still alive.

He just wasn't for the vast majority of the year. Not sure why I should feel guilty for being able to admit that to myself.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:24 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:44 pm I don't know why we're pretending that Remy's stretch of bad games was because of anything besides his injury.

Because it would require posters to admit their dumbass trolling hot takes they made in season were wrong.

mjl is a good example of what a poster should be. He had his doubts about Remy but is now admitting how much Remy helps this team. Because he wants KU to win.
You're fighting a boogeyman that doesn't exist.

Earlier in the season Remy was struggling. Even before the injury. DH was better then so Self played DH.

Now Remy is playing awesome, and he is playing 30mpg not DH. So i think the only dumbass hot takes were from people like you who claimed stubborn old Self just had a boy boner for DH and would play him regardless.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:36 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:24 pm

You're fighting a boogeyman that doesn't exist.

Earlier in the season Remy was struggling. Even before the injury. DH was better then so Self played DH.

Now Remy is playing awesome, and he is playing 30mpg not DH. So i think the only dumbass hot takes were from people like you who claimed stubborn old Self just had a boy boner for DH and would play him regardless.
You're exaggerating Remy's early season struggles.

Before his injury he was playing 27.0 mpg. DH was playing 26.7.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:04 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:31 pm I'm not one of those posters but heres the issue.

Why you gotta be a dick?
When we are are winning?
You new here?
Good to see after all these years you found your way to the basketball board.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. The game seemed sped up for Remy before his injury. He wasn’t all that good.

2. Sucks he got injured.

3. He’s got an awesome personality and energy that unfortunately, we will only get to see for another (we hope) 3 games.

4. I’m happy he’s playing the way he is for me as a fan, The Program, and most importantly him.

5. Rock Chalk Bitches!
Deleted User 863

It's very possible that sitting and watching for those games actually helped him figure some things out.

I do also wonder if it's a coincidence that his rise has happened at the same time as Och has hit a rough patch. Or if the other players, primarily guards, have a harder time finding their spots within the offense when Remy is running the show. Which may be a them problem and not a Remy problem. But that's harder to judge.

We will learn more today. I am excited to see this team continue to evolve.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think more than anything else he got healthy. When he didn’t have an extra gear, he was pretty average.
Deleted User 863

Being healthy is obviously most important for any athlete. But he was also lost within our offense until recently. Thankfully Self got him ready just in time for the most important part of the season.

Remy has looked great. We are winning. But as a team we haven't reallynlooked great against Creighton or Providence. Shots falling would cure a lot of our woes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:31 am I think more than anything else he got healthy. When he didn’t have an extra gear, he was pretty average.
^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We’re still feeling the team effects from the injury.

It’s good the road has opened up like it has.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:30 pm I think Jalen will be a solid NBA player.
Hes a good player. But its hard to get the right opportunity in the NBA when teams look at you and see below average athleticism