Staying in Shape / Getting Our Shit Together

Coffee talk.
shindig

Re: Staying in Shape / Getting Our Shit Together

Post by shindig »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:49 pm Bought a Peloton. Bike three days a week, lift heavy two. I mix in a stretching session or two throughout the week as well.
As I have gotten older I have tried to stay away from the sweets aka sugar.

Remember to drink plenty of fluids.
Aren't those Peloton's like $2K and up, then you have to pay some BS monthly subscription? I think they look nice, just wondering if they are worth it. I'm cheap when it comes to that stuff. I'm afraid it would sit and collect clothes after a few weeks.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

don’t think i’d ever drop the cash on one, but i’m awful curious about the mirrors with the resistance cables
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vanity on a wall.
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:11 pmVanity on a wall.
while i don’t disagree, i think the mirror would serve up a bit more motivation
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

shindig wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:07 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:49 pm Bought a Peloton. Bike three days a week, lift heavy two. I mix in a stretching session or two throughout the week as well.

Aren't those Peloton's like $2K and up, then you have to pay some BS monthly subscription? I think they look nice, just wondering if they are worth it. I'm cheap when it comes to that stuff. I'm afraid it would sit and collect clothes after a few weeks.
Very expensive, and the monthly fee is ridiculous, but it includes thousands of on-demand classes in cycling, strength, and yoga. Personally, its been worth all the money and then some. I don't have the time to go to an actual gym but do have time to walk into my spare room and workout for 30 mins. I've never before stuck to non-basketball workouts this well.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

shindig wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:07 pm

With just about any fitness purchase it is really up to the individual. My wife and I tried it right before COVID and thought it was fun so that was important when purchasing.

Personally, I was getting bored with 3x10 type strength work outs so having a bike (which I am in no way 'good' at and they will kick your ass) plus all the other trainer led workouts, stretching, barre, and yoga classes on demands it works for our family. I did know I wanted no parts of going to a gym anymore.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm off to the gym now. Knee still hurts, not as a bad. Upper body today fortunately.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I miss my gym membership at Woodside over in Westwood when I lived in Roeland Park. The fun part was going to the pool on the weekends and having a few drinks. The bad part was Westwood cops would sit there and pull people over all afternoon as soon as they pulled out of the parking lot.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Did some of the resistance band work the other day for the first time. Different type of workout for sure. Worked on arms only, but they have a way you can do some lunges, squats and other core work with them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:35 pm Did some of the resistance band work the other day for the first time. Different type of workout for sure. Worked on arms only, but they have a way you can do some lunges, squats and other core work with them.
Which one did you get? I've been looking at a few of those on Amazon.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

shindig wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:39 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:35 pm Did some of the resistance band work the other day for the first time. Different type of workout for sure. Worked on arms only, but they have a way you can do some lunges, squats and other core work with them.
Basically something like this. Don't think it's this exact brand, but close enough. Same color of resistance weight. It comes with some things that you can do and how to do it.

https://www.amazon.com/VEICK-Resistance ... 60&sr=8-22
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:17 pm
shindig wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:39 pm
Basically something like this. Don't think it's this exact brand, but close enough. Same color of resistance weight. It comes with some things that you can do and how to do it.

https://www.amazon.com/VEICK-Resistance ... 60&sr=8-22
Thanks! I was looking at that one. I might go ahead and buy it. I have an older bowflex in my basement that my older bro gave me after he bought a new one, but it doesn't have much resistance. Not sure if it needs newer rods or what, but don't want to mess with it right now.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Fuckin 101 today. Theres a reason i cant gain weight. No mstter what i eat, when its 101 ans your outside 12-16hrs. I don't care what you eat or do.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang.

I used to do landscape work in KS, and remember on the hottest days drinking a bottle of Gatorade an hour and not peeing all day.

Isn’t the west coast having some ridiculous heat wave right now?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dunno, but its hot here at least. This area declared drought emergency a month ago. We had basically no spring rainfall. Dryland farmers are fucked, resevoirs are already low, over 100 on June 1. Bad news.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:43 pm I dunno, but its hot here at least. This area declared drought emergency a month ago. We had basically no spring rainfall. Dryland farmers are fucked, resevoirs are already low, over 100 on June 1. Bad news.
I don't know exactly where you're at, but this is why I'd be quite hesitant to invest real money in the Southwest. Anything dependent on the Colorado River is in for a world of hurt.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

I'll see my Internist in 2 weeks but in the meantime, can anyone tell me why my weight loss and gain seems to not have a whole lot to do in regards to what I eat and don't eat and how much I do or don't exercise?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Going to start riding the Peloton. I know some on here are experienced--any weekly workout structure/schedule advice?
Deleted User 89

good on you

i’ve been threatening to get back on the workout wagon for months. now that the air quality is better, my excuses are running out
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

spend that 2.5k on your neighbor before Ousdahl gets pissed
Just Ledoux it