Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This video could go on so many threads based on the subject matter/s and who is in it.

I don't expect anyone on here to know who Steve Albini was but to many he was legend. May he RIP.

https://twitter.com/TheWienerCircle/sta ... 4201136473

Albini
https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/08/entertai ... index.html
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Can't find the Game Stop thread. Bad news, Good news.
I feel it's pathetic news that shows how easy it is to manipulate "the market".

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/13/gamesto ... rally.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gamestop ... 38970.html
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Power outage here. No storms or wind. ETA is about 2 hours.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:28 pm Power outage here. No storms or wind. ETA is about 2 hours.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

What I do?
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:28 pm Power outage here. No storms or wind. ETA is about 2 hours.
Power back or still out?

Look at Gutter doing 30 seconds of research in the free 5 minutes he has between job assignments.

Customers Impacted:2,541
Start:May 14 12:30 p.m.
Estimated Restoration:May 14 2:45 p.m.
Outage Status:Crews are in the area working to restore power as quickly and safely as possible. Please continue to check back for estimated restoration time updates. Thank you for your patience.
Location(s) Impacted:Woodbury
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:00 pm
Power back or still out?

Look at Gutter doing 30 seconds of research in the free 5 minutes he has between job assignments.

Customers Impacted:2,541
Start:May 14 12:30 p.m.
Estimated Restoration:May 14 2:45 p.m.
Outage Status:Crews are in the area working to restore power as quickly and safely as possible. Please continue to check back for estimated restoration time updates. Thank you for your patience.
Location(s) Impacted:Woodbury
Gutter, you're something.

Hope your power is back on, and you've learned your lesson, 99.

Full disclosure: For two of the ten years I worked for an electric power utility in Wichita, I worked nights and weekends as a customer service rep taking calls from customers about their bills and outages. It was a great job for a college student to study between calls, unless there was a large outage and then it became chaotic and impossible to get any studying done.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We called to check on it. Power just now got restored. They missed their eta
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 pm We called to check on it. Power just now got restored. They missed their eta
The lyrical Jesse James (99) when the power went back on......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6DO_7px1I
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Glad power got restored in a reasonable, albeit later than expected timeframe. Otherwise things might have gotten hectic
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Cookies.
Some taste worse than dog shit. Some taste so good people become borderline orgasmic when they eat them.
Most fall in-between.
I'm eating a cookie right now that I would rate a 3.25 on a scale of 1-10. Ok, it is what it is by why make a cookie that would rate a 3.25 across the planet when you can make a cookie for the same cost that would rate a 7.75 across the planet? I just don't get it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Today's edition of never a dull moment.
Forgetting the flaming gay guy (who was more than a little "off") on Addison Street who told me not to eat his food (small wtf?) and that I am a rapist and he knows I want to rape him (HUGE WTF?), this was also disturbing entertainment. Bottom line, what's not normal is the norm in the world of Gutter.

Dude crashed his JetSki/WaveRunner. Chicago Police and Fire Department showed up and he was pissed.
Can't see him in the pics. This was the aftermath.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you’ve never struck me as putting off the rapist vibe, gutter
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:10 pm you’ve never struck me as putting off the rapist vibe, gutter
Neither did Jeffrey Dahmer.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:14 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:10 pm you’ve never struck me as putting off the rapist vibe, gutter
Neither did Jeffrey Dahmer.
Trad - Thank you. I think.
Dude/dudette was VERY upset that I had put down my phone and bottle of water on top of a newspaper machine and apparently it was too close to his/her/its cup of jizz juice (or whatever was in the cup that I couldn't identify) and his/her/its crumpled up dollar bill (which to him/her/it constituted being "my food"?) and for some crazy unknown reason that made him/her/it think I wanted to take and eat his/her/its "food".
From there it went on to accusing me of being a rapist that wanted to rape him/her/it. Not sure where that came from but out of the 40,000 or so people I saw yesterday, if I were to want to rape any of those people, he/she/it would have been about my 39,998th choice.

Shirley - You didn't know Dahmer, did you? He gave off some vibes. Rapist vibes? Maybe not but I wouldn't have doubted anything about him in regards to him being someone you wouldn't want to hang out with.
I wouldn't be at all shocked if he and I had crossed paths at some point.
Just as I wouldn't be shocked if I crossed paths with Andrew Cunanan.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

"and I admit, my mind is kinda sick, but now I'm like J. Dahmer, and I'm chewing up the evidence" ~ Poet BLH "Siccmade"
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Yesterday's edition of never a dull moment.
Forgetting the takeover of a part of the beach near me by the usual suspects, we had this around 3:00pm a block away from one of the busiest and one of top tourist areas of Chicago. The "good" area.
Check out the woman crossing the street. Moral of the story, you should bring a gun to a knife fight?

https://twitter.com/CPD1617Scanner/stat ... 8796553667