Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 289 »

BINGO!
I can tune out for a while but between work and my mother I am constantly feeling the need to check my phone.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yknow how many phone calls, texts, emails i ignore? Enough that everyone knows its hard to get ahold of me and its a running joke in my family/friends. Its easy. Just forget that thing exists, even if its in your pocket. Cell phones have created the need for constant immediate answers.

When all we had was landlines it was simpler. You had to be more accountable and reliable on your plans. Now everyone just says yes knowing they can back out at anytime via our goddamn constant phone leash
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm basically on call 24x7. It usually doesn't work that way but... still.

VM is your friend here. You need some time to yourself. I've been the point person more than once, you're obligated. I get it. But you need time to yourself. Let the texts sit for a while, it won't hurt anyone.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Thanks TDub and 99.

Perfect example...
I am dealing with a work issue right now and I am being both emailed and phone called by different people on the same issue - of course the situation is NOT being resolved, no one is on the same page, and people will not communicate using the same method of communication.

Here is the icing on the cake. Someone continuously calls me a name that I NEVER use and don't like. For example, if my name was Mark they would be calling me Marcus.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Been there, I had to kick a manager (not mine) out of my cube who insisted on looking over my shoulder while I was trying to resolve an issue. All while everyone in the whole freaking world was trying to chat with me.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Deleted User 289

Yesterday around 3:30pm I went to the Five Guys on Michigan Avenue. I had never been to this Five Guys.
Well, NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!
The double burger I had was actually very good. WTF?
I had been to 3 other Five Guys (one of them several times) and each of those 3 served me SHITburgers each and every time.
The extremely unfortunate thing is the other 3 Five Guys served me excellent fries.
The Five Guys I went to yesterday served me average at best fries. Again, WTF?
Moral of the story is....
You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The facts of life, the facts of life.
Deleted User 289

I received an email that I will be getting a WHOPPING $4.07 payout for my share of "my" horse winning a million dollar race.
That and $2.25 gets me a $6.32 whatever I can get for $6.32.
P.S. Because my share of the horse is considered a "security" I have to declare my winnings with the IRS.
God bless America!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

4 bucks gutter? Youre never gonna get your money back outta that horse unless you can stud him out
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:55 pm 4 bucks gutter? Youre never gonna get your money back outta that horse unless you can stud him out
Correct!
Deleted User 289

I have seen these assholes cruising up (going north) on Lake Shore Drive the past few days and evenings.
I have wondered where the police are and if they can do anything about it - why they are not.
It's going to get the the point where people are going to start shooting one another over this shit.

https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1 ... 7438377984
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Deleted User 289

I am superstitious about only two things. Black cats and the number 13. Meanwhile, I like black cats and if the number 13 wasn’t associated with bad luck I would probably like it too.
Anyways, my mother is getting her PET scan right now to check for cancer.
I went to get a “cup” of coffee. I took a $20 bill out of my pocket to pay for it and was told the total with tax is $5.87. Ok, I gave the woman the money and she gave me my change. Not thinking, I gave her a $1 tip. I look in my hand and sure enough - what did I have? $13.13. WTF?!?! Asshole me should have used a credit card! 😖

Ok, yes - I’m bored. Sorry to have shared that.
Carry on......
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's an expensive cup of coffee.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Also, who takes that 13 cents? I'd pay a dollar not to keep four coins in my pocket.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
If there was a tip jar, it'd be getting $1.13.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

There's a coin shortage people. If you were smart you'd take my advice and be hoarding them. I made some serious dough last week selling all my coins to Lobster's In-Laws at a significant markup.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:35 pm There's a coin shortage people. If you were smart you'd take my advice and be hoarding them. I made some serious dough last week selling all my coins to Lobster's In-Laws at a significant markup.
That was smart.

Now if there was only a youtube video you could post to back this up. Otherwise it feels a bit, you know, shallow.