Re: Totally random thread

Post by TDub »

I've never seen a beer with coriander
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My statie son in law brought over and left pistachio flavored cream ale. Still sitting in the fridge.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

gross
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

in a complete change of direction...

after years of casual study, I cannot for the life of me figure out why women are so much more prone to stomp or walk heavy footed.

Observing as various people walk around a house or a yard or wherever...women (particularly inside a house) are significantly more likely to thump there way around than are men. Not that all men are light walkers but seems to me that women, regardless of age or size seem to stomp and thump around and make way more noise when walking.

It makes no sense to me. Unless it's some long gone evolutionary thing where men needed to walk more quietly to hunt or something (although evidence suggests that many women often hunted as well so, that seems not to explain it either)
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I never noticed. I probably will now. Mrs. 99 sleeps during the day so I tread as lightly as I can around the house.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:55 am I've never seen a beer with coriander
The most popular is Blue Moon, tho a lot of craft beers are putting it (and plenty of other crap) in their beers now too.

I guess the market wants either IPAs or fruity beers. Hard to find just a good amber or pale ale any more.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zoe - Maine Beer Company.
Amber Ale - Kilkenny.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:22 pm in a complete change of direction...

after years of casual study, I cannot for the life of me figure out why women are so much more prone to stomp or walk heavy footed.

Observing as various people walk around a house or a yard or wherever...women (particularly inside a house) are significantly more likely to thump there way around than are men. Not that all men are light walkers but seems to me that women, regardless of age or size seem to stomp and thump around and make way more noise when walking.

It makes no sense to me. Unless it's some long gone evolutionary thing where men needed to walk more quietly to hunt or something (although evidence suggests that many women often hunted as well so, that seems not to explain it either)
Regardless of size?

I dunno bro, kinda sounds like you just hang with a lot of fat chicks.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:08 am I’ll tend to “make” my own red sauce with canned cento tomatoes, basil, garlic, onions, olive oil, pepper flakes, pepper, salt.
Pretty much what I did, but added the fennel. The fennel I remember from old Yello Sub italian sauage sandwich
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Coriander seeds is an essential ingredient in drinks like gin (jenever) and akvavit.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"How?", is right. Especially after the fireball that erupts instantaneously after the collision, as depicted in your first video.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

continuing with the airline theme…

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/man-di ... air-lines/
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:31 am
"How?", is right. Especially after the fireball that erupts instantaneously after the collision, as depicted in your first video.
The fireball appears to be the transport plane that the passenger plane hit and 5 of the 6 crew members on that plane died.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Just learned today that one 18 inch pizza is more pizza than two 12 inch pizzas.
I had never given it much thought.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Came in to work this morning. Overheard a co-worker tell another co-worker "Oh my God, did you know the comedian Dave Chapelle and the singer Buster Rhymes own Dave and Busters".

HOLY FUCK! So much wrong with that but I let it go.

Few minutes later... "Did you see the Epstein list? Jimmy Kimmel is a scumbag".

Gutter being Gutter....

"Where did you hear or read Dave Chappell and Buster Rhymes own Dave and Busters and where did you hear or read Jimmy Kimmel is on the Epstein list"?

Her response - "Tik Tok".

Gutter - "Did you also see on Tik Tok that I own Gutter's House of Pancakes in Bolivia? I promise you I don't. PLEASE don't believe everything, or anything, you see on Tik Tok".

She looked at me with a confused stare.

I walked away.

This is the fucking country I live in. A somewhat educated person who can't differentiate between fact and fiction. Someone who gets their information from people they know nothing about on Tik Tok.
Someone who can be so easily manipulated that I can't help but feel if I was a bigger asshole than I am, I would be an idiot not to target her for some sort of Ponzi scheme.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

imagine how we feel reading your offerings.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.

imagine how we feel reading your offerings.
I know I'm not a smart guy. I don't pretend to be.
Shame you aren't more like me in that regard. For all of our sakes. Yourself included.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
This is so fucking awesome!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Google the word askew and keep scrolling down. Or don't.