Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve still got ~20 years till formal retirement and i’m two steps away from not giving a fuck
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:20 am
TDub wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:19 am I hate planes and flying. this stuff doesn't help.
unless i’m going overseas, i may never fly again
I haven't flown since 2010. If I have it my way I'll never get on another plane. I miss other cultures and seeing things I otherwise couldn't. But my disdain for air travel has won out thus far.

maybe that will change when I dont want to make 20 hr drives in a day too though.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NPR said Boeing is being scrutinized over their QC and safety checks and stuff about their 737s again or something
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:44 am i’ve still got ~20 years till formal retirement and i’m two steps away from not giving a fuck
I drift farther away from giving a fuck everyday
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The truth is I never really gave a fuck. Could even be the secret to my success such as it is.

I quit my job 35 year ago and started my own firm with $2000 in the bank. I had one idea, do interesting projects with intelligent interesting architects/contractors/owners. A few friends and family tried to convince me that giving a fuck would help my chances and being too obvious in my no fucks given would hurt my cause. Turns out there are a lot of successful creative people who give no fucks and we get along great. My sister told me about this time last year that the ladies at the facility that my mom lives in have a thing where they brag on their "kids" around a table. My mom wanted some info on what I do and my projects. She wanted to brag. I sent my sister a pdf entitled "my greatest hits" with 20 building images in it.

The response: Holy shit! I never realized you worked on all of those!

My mom threw down on the other bitches at the table and keeps the document handy just in case she feels the need to set them straight some more.

Anyway, not giving fucks is not a bad thing, but be prepared to back it up. And use it to promote progress not to be a roadblock.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

WTF?
What's wrong with this picture? Literally.
Then scroll down to the bottom of their website and read.....

https://www.pitabowlmenu.com
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:44 am i’ve still got ~20 years till formal retirement and i’m two steps away from not giving a fuck
2 years left for me. Retired at 60 was my goal for years. Looks like it is going to be 61.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:20 pm WTF?

WTF……don’t know if I’m “getting” your point…….is it that there is nothing resembling a pizza on the menu and the picture and write-up is about “the best pizza”?!?!?!

Pizza……pita……. Mich will be along to tell you it doesn’t matter since it’s all foreign food anyway
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

zsn wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:19 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:20 pm WTF?

WTF……don’t know if I’m “getting” your point…….is it that there is nothing resembling a pizza on the menu and the picture and write-up is about “the best pizza”?!?!?!

Pizza……pita……. Mich will be along to tell you it doesn’t matter since it’s all foreign food anyway
Yes, you got my point!
Photo of pizza, write up about pizza, and they have no pizza on the menu.

Moving on but on the subject of pizza.....

I see posts from a Facebook Group called Chicago-style Thin Crust Pizza Forever! (We Don’t Call It %avern-Style).
People post pics of pizza and others comment on it. I am 100% convinced it's an outlet for assholes to shit on what others enjoy but I appreciate the recommendations.

Regardless, not a great thing to look at when you are craving pizza and are not supposed to eat pizza - because there are some really nice LOOKING pizzas.
Some examples......

Fox's

Frank's

Ed and Joe's

Palermo's

Grassano's

Rosangela's

East End

One of my favorites - Barnaby's

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

They all look tasty, except that I dunno if I see a single slice of pepperoni on any of them, wtf
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm hungry now
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Do you demand/get a refund if your ashes aren't plopped on the moon?
The private Peregrine moon lander's long journey is about to come to an end, back on its home planet.

Peregrine will likely slam into Earth's atmosphere over the southern Pacific Ocean today (Jan. 18) around 4 p.m. EST (2100 GMT), according to its builder, the Pittsburgh-based company Astrobotic.

"Astrobotic has positioned the Peregrine spacecraft for a safe, controlled re-entry to Earth over a remote area of the South Pacific," the company wrote in an update on Wednesday evening (Jan. 17).

"The team has been continuously monitoring our re-entry analysis with NASA," Astrobotic added, noting that such work has revealed "no anticipated hazards."

Peregrine launched Jan. 8 on the first-ever mission of Vulcan Centaur, United Launch Alliance's powerful new rocket.

The lander is toting 20 payloads for a variety of customers, including NASA, which put five scientific experiments on board via its Commercial Lunar Payload Services program. The lander is also carrying human remains, in the form of memorial payloads manifested by the companies Celestis and Elysium Space.

Peregrine aimed to deliver this gear to the surface of the moon next month, but that plan was scuttled by a fuel leak that cropped up shortly after liftoff. The lander's handlers traced the problem to a ruptured oxidizer tank, which may have been caused by a stuck valve.

Despite the propulsion anomaly, Peregrine remains operational. The lander made it all the way out to lunar distance recently, then began looping back, on a collision course with Earth. Astrobotic, working with NASA, developed a plan to make the coming impact as safe as possible.
I think going out in a spacecraft fire ball in the earth's atmosphere is more cool than being deposited on the moon really. It's like a space age version of a Viking funeral.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hope that, once we are ashes, we are finally free of the fear of litigation
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:32 am I hope that, once we are ashes, we are finally free of the fear of litigation
The estate will file a suit I would bet. Nobody sues more than the dead. It is afterlife charged hourly.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:40 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:32 am I hope that, once we are ashes, we are finally free of the fear of litigation
The estate will file a suit I would bet. Nobody sues more than the dead. It is afterlife charged hourly.
I think I'll chose to be a tree instead
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if it’s suddenly proven that if reincarnation is real and upon death we actually do return as some new living being in this realm of existence, how long would it take for like banks to argue our new reincarnated selves should take on our previous self’s debt?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also I just noticed the king size bottle of ranch on the table at Rosangela's lol sigh
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:51 am if it’s suddenly proven that if reincarnation is real and upon death we actually do return as some new living being in this realm of existence, how long would it take for like banks to argue our new reincarnated selves should take on our previous self’s debt?
I dont think frogs and ants and elk have financial obligation requirements.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

If you got a text message that read

"please call me

-Christian Laettner"

Would you respond and how?

Asking for a friend.