Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 104

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 104 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:49 pmYouTube is down.
It's up for me, but I noticed it wasn't playing videos a few hours ago. I thought it was my browser or something.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Someone killed/murdered me today.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

These guys are actually making a living doing stuff like this. How cool is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BBnYPuM2s0
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 57

My son had drinks (he didn't drink alcohol) and dinner with a beautiful 30 something year old woman last night. Spent 5+ hours with her.
+1 Schmuck!

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

How much does 5 hours cost?

Just kidding! Glad you had a fun time!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Interesting that one of the three ways you chose to define her is by her age. Maybe your point was that she was older than a 20-year-old. Hopefully after 5 hours he was able to find more substance in her.
Deleted User 57

Dr. - Many more important ways I could/should have defined her. Not 100% sure why I felt the need to mention her age. Perhaps it's because I'm an 85 year old woman and she's theoretically young enough to be my son's daughter and definitely young enough to be my granddaughter. No, now that I think about it, I don't think it's that.

Not the first evening he has spent with her and he has found a lot of substance. That's why he enjoys her company. Not just because of her age and looks.
She's actually nothing more than a friend and will never be more than that.
Still makes him feel good to have the pleasure of spending an evening with a nice/kind woman who appreciates and respects him - after he spent almost a year and a half with someone who too often is/was Satan.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooooo

so I got news my uncle randomly had a massive heart attack. He needed emergency triple bypass surgery, but before they could do it they had to wait 3 days for his blood alcohol level to get back to zero.

3 days!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Momma Gutter, that sounds great. Tell your son I’m pulling for him.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I just hope she's unemployed, skinny and has long hair. I read that otherwise, they're all on antidepressants, hate life, and are unattractive to men.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 57

ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:02 pm sooooo

so I got news my uncle randomly had a massive heart attack. He needed emergency triple bypass surgery, but before they could do it they had to wait 3 days for his blood alcohol level to get back to zero.

3 days!
I'm sorry to hear that!
My father had to wait for a heart transplant.
Actually made him go through rehab to prove he could go without taking aspirin - which he took daily.
Deleted User 57

DrPepper wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:31 pm Momma Gutter, that sounds great. Tell your son I’m pulling for him.
That's kind of you. I will express your sentiment to my son. Except he will never be more than a friend to this young lady so maybe you shouldn't pull too hard.
Deleted User 57

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:20 pm I just hope she's unemployed, skinny and has long hair. I read that otherwise, they're all on antidepressants, hate life, and are unattractive to men.
That made me laugh.
She's employed (has a very good job), she is skinny, she does have long hair.
Don't know if she's on antidepressants.
At times she probably hates life but my guess is she likes/loves life more than she hates it.
She is very attractive to men.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:20 pm I just hope she's unemployed, skinny and has long hair. I read that otherwise, they're all on antidepressants, hate life, and are unattractive to men.
wrong board!!
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Why does a person feel a need to call someone's multiple phone numbers and not leave a message?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Block her number, Gutter.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Obvious and best advice 99 - thank you!
but.....
I am a caring person and if she ever needs/needed me for anything I would be there for her.
Meanwhile, today I am also dealing with a different ex who is equally cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
Yesterday I dealt with a collection agency and the IRS.
My hospital bills were not submitted to my insurance carrier and the money I owed the IRS - they actually received and they sent the letter because they claim the original electronic payment didn't "register" as being paid. Really??????
I swear I try to be a good guy and yet people fee the need to fuck with me when I am not fucking with them.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

It is not being caring if you’re enabling. Would you give a drink to an alcoholic?
You better have blocked her/their numbers where possible. You have gotten closure. Just move on. Don’t be a fucking martyr. Martyrs end up dead. The person you need to save is yourself.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 pm It is not being caring if you’re enabling. Would you give a drink to an alcoholic?
You better have blocked her/their numbers where possible. You have gotten closure. Just move on. Don’t be a fucking martyr. Martyrs end up dead. The person you need to save is yourself.
POTD
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas