Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Geezer

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Geezer »

Stay in your lane, bro.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfc
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Amazing that people are still this dumb nowadays.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Japanese (I'm assuming it is/was Japanese and not Chinese or some other Asian country) firework/s inventors/manufactures aren't so dumb nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M41YHmcD8aE
Deleted User 183

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

we need some awards around here
Deleted User 183

15 minutes ago I did a Google search for Tremper High School Cheerleading. About 5 listings down there is a whatever it's called for Tremper's Cheerleading Facebook page.
I went to see what if anything had been posted on it. There was a photo of the entire squad on their "cover photo".
Now there is a white bar across the photo.
Seems someone might be trying to block their page. Might not be a bad idea if so.
Two things.
1) I'm not sure it really matters but I find it interesting that unless I missed it, there is no mention if it was a male or female "coach" who was giving the awards.
2) I noticed they have a male member of the squad. I'm left wondering what if anything was he awarded.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Female coach who blamed political correctness for this being a stary.
Deleted User 75

15 years or so ago nobody would have batted an eye. Times have changed. Gotta change with the times...in my high school year book we had polls (awards) for similar things that the seniors voted on...included "best back side". Nobody cared or got offended. There were girl and guy winners for each category. We all enjoyed it....I got least studious (shocker, right?).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:54 am we need some awards around here
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:26 am 15 years or so ago nobody would have batted an eye. Times have changed. Gotta change with the times...in my high school year book we had polls (awards) for similar things that the seniors voted on...included "best back side". Nobody cared or got offended. There were girl and guy winners for each category. We all enjoyed it....I got least studious (shocker, right?).
kids will be kids

this seems to be adult/supervisor/coach-sanctioned...someone (and where were asst. coaches?) who one might think should know better
Deleted User 75

I'm curious why it took over a year for the story to break? Were the parents okay with this initially?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:41 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:26 am 15 years or so ago nobody would have batted an eye. Times have changed. Gotta change with the times...in my high school year book we had polls (awards) for similar things that the seniors voted on...included "best back side". Nobody cared or got offended. There were girl and guy winners for each category. We all enjoyed it....I got least studious (shocker, right?).
kids will be kids

this seems to be adult/supervisor/coach-sanctioned...someone (and where were asst. coaches?) who one might think should know better
Just to be devils advocate and get my gutter/illy on. Most things that go in the yearbook are/have to be approved by an adult supervisor.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

was this a yearbook?

i thought it was an actual awards ceremony for the squad
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I meant illys story where you said kids will be kids. Its not a big deal. Just was being contrarian.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 183

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:26 am15 years or so ago nobody would have batted an eye. Times have changed.
I was in HS 15-20 years ago and certainly believe that that would be seen as inappropriate by the adults at that time. HS cheerleaders can be 14 years old. On first glance, this doesn't look like PC culture to me but more about looking cool for and to the kids.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's officially time to end the Olympics:

https://www.france24.com/en/20190220-br ... 4-olympics
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto