Evil Rich People

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by TDub »

nope. But he never said that was his plan with those ventures.

World food said that IS their goal and that they CAN end it. So it seems fair to ask for a detailed explanation on how they plan to do it.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I get the feeling that if Musk sincerely approached such organizations and offered resources in good faith, they’d probably respond with something more than “why not just tweet about lol”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ending word hunger starts one bite at a time.

Musk has the resources. In many ways, that’s the hard part. He totally could take up the cause, but he just doesn’t wanna.

If he put half as much effort toward world hunger as he does toward belittling Bezos, who knows what he could be capable of.

But he just doesn’t wanna.

It’s almost like no one becomes an evil rich person without just being a little evil all along.

Heck, even his evil rich counterpart Bill Gates has put billions toward disease prevention and clean drinking water and vaccine microchips and such. (at least when he wasn’t too busy partying with his evil rich homie Epstein).

Maybe it’s worth mentioning Gates has never given to philanthropy faster than his wealth was growing anyway, but let’s give him a little credit, cuz he’s still putting the clown suit on Musk here. He didn’t sit around tweeting about, he used his resources to just start digging.
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:07 pm nope. But he never said that was his plan with those ventures.

World food said that IS their goal and that they CAN end it. So it seems fair to ask for a detailed explanation on how they plan to do it.
but i don’t think any of that warrants musk’s response

if he was really interested in tackling that issue, getting into a twitter squabble doesn’t seem like the way to go
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

perhaps. but I dont think it warrants putting the onus on him to solve the issue to avoid being called "evil" either. He obviously is being a prick...because thats who he is.

But, if they do have a plan and can provide the study.....do it. Maybe.....maybe..he'll follow through with his offer. If they can't then why are they throwing random figures around with no studies etc.?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

musk has given ~$250 million to charity TOTAL in his whole life, with $150 million in the last year

the guy is worth ~$316.5 BILLION

unless my math is wrong, that’s 0.001%

pathetic, imo
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:24 pm perhaps. but I dont think it warrants putting the onus on him to solve the issue to avoid being called "evil" either. He obviously is being a prick...because thats who he is.

But, if they do have a plan and can provide the study.....do it. Maybe.....maybe..he'll follow through with his offer. If they can't then why are they throwing random figures around with no studies etc.?
“they” didn’t

Dr. Eli David (whoever the fuck that is) did
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well in the quoted context right....but I believe it stemmed from something Beasley (from the world food organization) had said earlier in the week
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“They aren’t evil, they’re just pricks, cuz that’s the way they is.”

/thread
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

him...specifically

so are a lot of non rich people
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:51 pm so are most people
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I like the spending $6 billion at Dillons approach. How do we make that happen?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^ Somehow this got that page shadowbanned.

Or as the kids these days now call it, “Zucked.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:55 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:51 pm so are most people
If only every temporarily embarrassed millionaire could inherit a bunch of wealth from an apartheid mine, then score billions in taxpayer-funded gummint handouts toward building a personal fortune, then maybe fewer pricks would be so temporarily embarrassed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

just got an email from 105.9 Kiss FM, the radio station in Lawrence.

They’re organizing a food drive Nov. 13 at the Checkers at 23rd and Louisiana.

Should I forward it to Elon?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

LaZer Rock is now Kiss FM?

Sigh
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:27 pm just got an email from 105.9 Kiss FM, the radio station in Lawrence.

They’re organizing a food drive Nov. 13 at the Checkers at 23rd and Louisiana.

Should I forward it to Elon?
No. You should donate and go volunteer.
ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:18 pm Ending word hunger starts one bite at a time. .
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:18 pm I like the spending $6 billion at Dillons approach. How do we make that happen?
Its gonna take some thinking on how to do it....But I think if we get Ous a big enough Van and a gas card he can make it happen.

Or maybe Elon should just open an account and let everyone charge against it. Thatll work
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:26 pm musk has given ~$250 million to charity TOTAL in his whole life, with $150 million in the last year

the guy is worth ~$316.5 BILLION

unless my math is wrong, that’s 0.001%

pathetic, imo
Yet we have idiots who think he'd actually give up the $6b if the method to solve world hunger was publicly provided.