Evil Rich People

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Portnoy should be jettisoned into the sun.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:21 am Portnoy should be jettisoned into the sun.
I have never understood his popularity.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:46 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:21 am Portnoy should be jettisoned into the sun.
You are not meant to.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm
You are not meant to.
Because he is a douche bag?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:15 pm

You are not meant to.
More specifically, because you are not.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:24 pm

You are not meant to.
I mean...we're good now. But there was a time when Overlander pointed his gun at me, told me he didn't care that I didn't kill my wife, and then practically forced me to do a swan dive from hundreds of feet up off a dam.

That's at least kinda douchey.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:34 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:24 pm

I mean...we're good now. But there was a time when Overlander pointed his gun at me, told me he didn't care that I didn't kill my wife, and then practically forced me to do a swan dive from hundreds of feet up off a dam.

That's at least kinda douchey.
That’s ONE side of the story
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gunned down in Bolivia with Paul Newman.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I wonder if they got a retainer?

Everybody does it, I changed accounting firms twice since that start of the year. It's just what serious corporations do, we accountant shop constantly.
The accounting firm that was first hired to audit former President Donald Trump's social media company quit just months after it was appointed, the Financial Times reported on Monday.

WithumSmith+Brown was appointed to vet Trump Media & Technology Group's financials soon after it was founded in early 2021. But the firm resigned before the end of 2021, the FT reported citing people familiar with the matter.

According to the FT's sources, WithumSmith+Brown no longer wanted to be associated with Trump and his company after several months on the job.

The accounting firm declined to comment on why it had resigned when approached by the FT.

"Apparently, the Financial Times' business model is to charge its subscribers $75 per month for the privilege of reading outdated stories touting irrelevant information," Trump Media said in a statement to the FT.

In January 2022, Trump Media instead turned to a smaller accounting firm to conduct the audit, BF Borgers, which has less than stellar record with regulators. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board said it identified multiple deficiencies in every audit it had reviewed from BF Borgers in the past two years, per Bloomberg.

BF Borgers was also removed from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' peer review program in November "because the firm was found to be so seriously deficient in its performance that education and remedial, corrective actions are not adequate."

Representatives for BF Borgers did not respond to FT's request for comment.

The news surrounding Trump Media's auditors come amidst a volatile time for the company's stock price.

The company's shares initially skyrocketed when it went public in March, only for prices to plunge just a week later. Trump Media's shares had fallen again on Monday, per Axios.

That isn't great for Trump, whose net worth is tied to his holdings in Trump Media. The former president's net worth went up by more than $4 billion when the company's shares rallied, only for him to be kicked off Forbes' list of the world's 500 wealthiest people when it went into freefall.
In other news DJT stock is down in the 23.6 range as we speak. I hope sQuirt and Randi have gone all in so they can let trumpty plumpty know they love him.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:59 am I wonder if they got a retainer?

Everybody does it, I changed accounting firms twice since that start of the year. It's just what serious corporations do, we accountant shop constantly.
The accounting firm that was first hired to audit former President Donald Trump's social media company quit just months after it was appointed, the Financial Times reported on Monday.

WithumSmith+Brown was appointed to vet Trump Media & Technology Group's financials soon after it was founded in early 2021. But the firm resigned before the end of 2021, the FT reported citing people familiar with the matter.

According to the FT's sources, WithumSmith+Brown no longer wanted to be associated with Trump and his company after several months on the job.

The accounting firm declined to comment on why it had resigned when approached by the FT.

"Apparently, the Financial Times' business model is to charge its subscribers $75 per month for the privilege of reading outdated stories touting irrelevant information," Trump Media said in a statement to the FT.

In January 2022, Trump Media instead turned to a smaller accounting firm to conduct the audit, BF Borgers, which has less than stellar record with regulators. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board said it identified multiple deficiencies in every audit it had reviewed from BF Borgers in the past two years, per Bloomberg.

BF Borgers was also removed from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' peer review program in November "because the firm was found to be so seriously deficient in its performance that education and remedial, corrective actions are not adequate."

Representatives for BF Borgers did not respond to FT's request for comment.

The news surrounding Trump Media's auditors come amidst a volatile time for the company's stock price.

The company's shares initially skyrocketed when it went public in March, only for prices to plunge just a week later. Trump Media's shares had fallen again on Monday, per Axios.

That isn't great for Trump, whose net worth is tied to his holdings in Trump Media. The former president's net worth went up by more than $4 billion when the company's shares rallied, only for him to be kicked off Forbes' list of the world's 500 wealthiest people when it went into freefall.
In other news DJT stock is down in the 23.6 range as we speak. I hope sQuirt and Randi have gone all in so they can let trumpty plumpty know they love him.
Probably a good idea to double down at this point.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The bond that was posted as security for his fraud judgment gets curiouser and curiouser by the day.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Fraud begets more fraud
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The bond is a double bond (covering both cases where he was fined millions of dollars) which serves as a warning to people who might believe he would not cheat law enforcement too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Agreed - but there are good reasons to think the bond isn't remotely what it's supposed to be in the first place (even accepting that he is only now obligated to post security covering about 1/3 of the judgment).
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

For being so fucking wealthy, he sure does have his hand out a lot.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Is now a good time to ask about some tax cuts I would like to see?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Because empty promises work every time....80% of the time with the Rubes. But maybe not this time?

DJT stock at 22.8 as of now. Watching this shit fall is kind of mesmerizing.
Truth TV

In an apparent attempt to stop the bleeding, Truth Social owner Trump Media & Technology (TMTG) announced that it's looking to launch a live TV streaming platform — a wildly ambitious plan for a company whose share value has been in freefall for weeks now.

Investors seemingly called the company's bluff, leading to shares sliding another 12 percent or so Tuesday morning, hovering just above $23 at press time.

That's only a fraction — close to a third — of what they were worth immediately following TMTG's merger with a blank check acquisition company last month, a maneuver that allowed former president Donald Trump's far-right social media platform to be traded publicly.

In short, it's a blood bath — and the company's desperate bid to satisfy investors is already backfiring.

In a press release, TMTG claimed that it "has finished the research and development phase of its new live TV streaming platform and will begin scaling up its own content delivery network."

The company said it's planning to roll out streaming content in phases, starting with Truth Social's Android, iOS, and website, before moving on to apps for "home television."

Unsurprisingly, the company is looking to host content that "has been cancelled, is at risk of cancellation, or is being suppressed on other platforms and services," a largely meaningless statement that suggests it'll be hosting lunatic conspiracy theorists and other fringe sources of disinformation.

Regardless, the company's shares are still almost certainly astronomically overvalued, with Truth Social making a measly $4.1 million in revenue for all of 2023 despite having lost more than $58 million over the same period.

Some analysts have also accused Trump of running a "scam," with executives lining their pockets while leaving investors out to dry.

The company recently made the first moves to cash out by filing to register shares, likely for their eventual sale. The news was yet again met by widespread outrage, causing shares to slide by double digits on Monday morning alone.

Meanwhile Trump, the company's major shareholder, has over 78 million shares tied up in the scheme that are valued at several rapidly depreciating billion dollars. Whether he'll be able to extricate himself from a business in freefall remains to be seen.
This new service development will set back the rollout of trumpty plumpty's beautiful new wonderful great replacement for Obummercare by 2 weeks, but he needs to take of himself first obviously.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Hello friends, today I have taken very good stock for you that will give you very good returns in coming days....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVCx_Ge-oQs
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Seems legit.
The calming, caring voice sells it, for sure.