Post by Sparko »

He was sitting down too
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by jfish26 »

I’d say “giggle,” but.

https://x.com/jimsciutto/status/1734908 ... q_-8Yt1KMA

Everything over the last two years has solidified my view that I’ll never buy a Tesla. Not on principle (although he’s quite a twat). But a fish rots from the head, and this guy is stinky.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Visionary? Yes.

Emotionally disturbed? Yes.

Bigot? Yes.

Business person? Sometimes.

In 2019 Musk claimed that Tesla would have one million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020; Tesla owners, he said, could make up to $30,000 a year while they slept by allowing their cars to moonlight as driverless taxis.

Elon Musk's self-driving-car project is on a road to nowhere

3/29/23 Elon Musk has spent much of the last decade assuring and reassuring customers and investors that driverless Teslas are right around the corner. Spoiler alert: You still can't take a snooze at the wheel or watch Netflix in traffic.

There was the press conference in 2016 when Musk predicted that Tesla would send a car from Los Angeles to New York City without human input by the following year. Then in 2019, he said he felt "very confident" that, by 2020, Tesla owners who bought the pricey Full Self-Driving option would be able to dispatch their cars as robotaxis and rake in passive income from their couches.

"Today it's financially insane to buy anything other than a Tesla," Musk said at an event touting the carmaker's autonomous-vehicle development in 2019. "It'll be like owning a horse in three years."

That revolutionary software update never came, and by 2022 the goalpost for bringing self-driving cars to the masses had shifted to 2023. Meanwhile, Musk has doubled down on the importance of driverless tech, going so far as to say the carmaker will be "worth basically zero" if it can't crack autonomous driving. Over the years, Tesla has hiked the price of Full Self-Driving to a whopping $15,000.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The key, for all these lizards always, is that the payoff is two weeks away. Perpetually two weeks away.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... inequality

"The world's five richest men have more than doubled their fortunes from $405 billion to $869 billion since 2020 —at a rate of $14 million per hour— while nearly five billion people have been made poorer."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“We have deluded ourselves into believing the myth that capitalism grew and prospered out of the Protestant ethic of hard work and sacrifice. The fact is that capitalism was built on the exploitation and suffering of black slaves and continues to thrive on the exploitation of the poor — both black and white, here and abroad.”
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think the exploitation involves everything. Poop flinging species. Poop flinging enablers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

an instagram friend posted that quote with a pic of MLK and got shadow banned for it.

Happy holidays, Zuck!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Zuck flings a lot of poop. Not as much as Musk. But a lot.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:38 pm https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... inequality

"The world's five richest men have more than doubled their fortunes from $405 billion to $869 billion since 2020 —at a rate of $14 million per hour— while nearly five billion people have been made poorer."
So...you're a Ron Paul guy, now?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

to say the very least, neither is very good at managing a social media platform.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also would someone please offer their DC decoder ring?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:57 pm also would someone please offer their DC decoder ring?
Wealth gains among the richest of the rich are very much a Fed-created/enabled phenomenon. (With a little help from Treasury)...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Meh.

I’m still more an MLK guy.

“The evils of capitalism are as real as the evils of militarism and racism. The problems of racial injustice and economic injustice cannot be solved without a radical redistribution of political and economic power”
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:18 pm Image
I forget how cute Suzy Creamcheese was in her 20's.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^^

I especially like Suzy’s goatee
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So, trumpty dumpty's hands......syphilis? We know they aren't from working.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

james carville is a gem
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?