Evil Rich People

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:34 pm The world economic forum needs to be destroyed

https://twitter.com/JimFergusonUK/statu ... M2RMg&s=19
Quoting a traitor like Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to federal investigators about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States during the presidential transition, is prime Randy.

Fuck you Randy, you are what's wrong with America.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:42 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:34 pm The world economic forum needs to be destroyed

Quoting a traitor like Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to federal investigators about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States during the presidential transition, is prime Randy.

Fuck off Shirley. The guy isn't wrong. You don't know a damn thing about the WEF but their plans for sabotaging a country are playing out right before our eyes. And you're one of the lefty radicals that are cheering it on without even realizing it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:46 pm

Fuck off Shirley. The guy isn't wrong. You don't know a damn thing about the WEF but their plans for sabotaging a country are playing out right before our eyes. And you're one of the lefty radicals that are cheering it on without even realizing it
So, do we add a deep understanding of the WEF and its working to the ever growing lists of things that Randy knows so much more than the rest of us about?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Fuck you Randy, uneducated, easily led, mouth breathing cunts like you are what's wrong with America.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:24 pm

Fuck you Randy, uneducated, easily led, mouth breathing cunts like you are what's wrong with America.
What I meant to say.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:51 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:24 pm

What I meant to say.
It is what everyone meant to say, if they aren’t uneducated, easily led,mouth breathing cunts
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: You're the richest man in the world, stop trying so hard, and act like you've been there before.

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
21h
I almost never read legacy news anymore.

What’s the point of reading 1000 words about something that was already posted on 𝕏 several days ago?
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:42 am Today In: You're the richest man in the world, stop trying so hard, and act like you've been there before.

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
21h

What’s the point of reading 1000 words about something that was already posted on 𝕏 several days ago?
The iconoclast-inventor-as-omniscient-god thing is so, so damaging.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:47 am
Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:42 am Today In: You're the richest man in the world, stop trying so hard, and act like you've been there before.

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
21h

I agree. And to think, the biggest problem I used to have with him was that he so frequently punched down. Not that he has stopped, but that begins to seem rather quaint, these days.

I'm not convinced he bot twitter primarily to make a profit. And, who doesn't want their product advertised next to neo nazi tweets?

He has 158.8 million followers.

A year after the world's richest man acquired the social media platform, a game plan published by a fired Trump White House staffer provides a clue.

On the day that public records revealed that Elon Musk had become Twitter’s biggest shareholder, an unknown sender texted the billionaire and recommended an article imploring him to acquire the social network outright.

Musk’s purchase of Twitter, the 3,000-word anonymous article said, would amount to a “declaration of war against the Globalist American Empire.” The sender of the texts was offering Musk, the Tesla and SpaceX CEO, a playbook for the takeover and transformation of Twitter. As the anniversary of Musk's purchase approaches, the identity of the sender remains unknown.

The three texts were sent on April 4, 2022. In the nearly 18 months since then, many of the decisions Musk made after he bought Twitter appear to have closely followed that road map, up to and including his ongoing attacks against the Anti-Defamation League, a nonprofit organization founded by Jewish Americans to counter discrimination.

Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:47 am

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
21h

I agree. And to think, the biggest problem I used to have with him was that he so frequently punched down. Not that he has stopped, but that begins to seem rather quaint, these days.

I'm not convinced he bot twitter primarily to make a profit. And, who doesn't want their product advertised next to neo nazi tweets?

He has 158.8 million followers.

A year after the world's richest man acquired the social media platform, a game plan published by a fired Trump White House staffer provides a clue.

On the day that public records revealed that Elon Musk had become Twitter’s biggest shareholder, an unknown sender texted the billionaire and recommended an article imploring him to acquire the social network outright.

Musk’s purchase of Twitter, the 3,000-word anonymous article said, would amount to a “declaration of war against the Globalist American Empire.” The sender of the texts was offering Musk, the Tesla and SpaceX CEO, a playbook for the takeover and transformation of Twitter. As the anniversary of Musk's purchase approaches, the identity of the sender remains unknown.

The three texts were sent on April 4, 2022. In the nearly 18 months since then, many of the decisions Musk made after he bought Twitter appear to have closely followed that road map, up to and including his ongoing attacks against the Anti-Defamation League, a nonprofit organization founded by Jewish Americans to counter discrimination.

Imagine being one of the richest people in the world.

There are all kinds if vanity projects you could throw cash at.

And you choose to throw $44B at a project to get lulz from the rubes. They won't be buying your cars, they can't afford them. They won't be renting your rockets to put shit in space. You are so desperate for affection/affirmation that you are willing to pay $44B to buy the admiration of the most dense and easily manipulated faction of our society.

Mr Awkward could have to gone to a different strip club in a different city in the US every night for the last year and handed out 100-$1 bills to every creep walking in the door and had the same effect in the end for a lot less money. Maybe I should write this monkey biness plan up and post it on revolver.news?

The daddy issues of the rich and famous must be a real bitch.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
21h

When it comes to the delivery of information, it can be fast or it can be thorough.

There are some benefits to having some things as fast as possible, but it will not be thorough.
There are some benefits to having some things as thorough as possible, but it will not be fast.

Trying to compare one to the other is pointless. Twitter is the fast feed. Legitimate legacy News is the (potentially) thorough feed.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Unfortunately, Musk's vision for X is much larger. Asia, especially China, has "super apps", that offer all the services we now go to individual apps for, like Uber, Amazon, Expedia, all your banking and payments, music, sports, entertainment, etc., etc.

Musk comes from PayPal, and apparently, pursuit of "payments" has been a big deal to him for a long time. Recently he opined that if X were to morph into a "super app", it could "become, I don't know, maybe half of the global financial system". Twitter also gave Musk access to a treasure trove of personal information about hundreds of millions of people to use, and sell.

My personal feeling is, that although I'b be thrilled to find an alternative to twitter ASAP, even if one hasn't been identified by the time twitter requires you to "subscribe" or whatever other ruse they come up with to get your credit care/bank info, I'm leaving, alternative or no.

Elon's Failed Attempt To Build A "Super App"
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Speaking of “alternative to twitter”

And of other evil rich people…

I gusss Threads flopped?

https://time.com/6305383/meta-threads-failing/

Apparently it’s just generic content from brand managers.

Maybe a friendlier version of Twitter would be popular. But, go figure Zuck avoided the very features that made twitter in its heyday popular to begin with - hashtags to find specific content, an explore/discover type feature, organic discussions about real-time topics.

It sucks, but if someone was just rich enough, but not so evil, to create some platform that leverages the features users DO like, and make it about basic community networking and just leave it at that; without making it yet another shameless consumer experience, it would prob be a yuge hit.

But, that the thing! It’s kinda hard to get rich enough to be able to do that kinda shit, without also being too evil either way.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:27 pm
My personal feeling is, that although I'b be thrilled to find an alternative to twitter ASAP, even if one hasn't been identified by the time twitter requires you to "subscribe" or whatever other ruse they come up with to get your credit care/bank info, I'm leaving, alternative or no.
Going through life without twitter or instagram really isn't that diminishing. Just sayin.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^^

If only I had never been RaDiCaLiZeD! by memes, maybe I would be a little less stressed out about life, even if it is in something like a “ignorance is bliss” kinda way.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'll take, "Things That Never Happened That Have Not Happened the Most", for $800.00, Alex:

Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Musk, in his infinite wisdom, uses passive voice a lot when lying.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'll give him $5 and call him Dickhead.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyuWkLFLeLo ... _copy_link
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

According to the Times:

The top 1% of Americans own 31% of America's wealth.

The bottom 50% of Americans own 2.5% of America's wealth.

No wonder republicans are always, ALWAYS, trying to give rich people another tax cut.
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

all that tells me. is that the bottom 50% don't work hard enough. they are probably mostly millennials.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"