Evil Rich People

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:45 pm He was sitting down too
hmm I thought we weren't allowed to make fun of people for anything anymore. Did that change?
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i came of age in a time when we made fun of everybody. it was fun. it was whimsical. it was harmless. we all did it. good times.

to this day. i still make fun of anyone or anybody that needs to be made fun of.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

i don't actually care, make fun all ya want...point being. It's only ok to make fun if people on the other team or youre a heartless miserable prick....yay team sports, it's so grand.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:22 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:45 pm He was sitting down too
hmm I thought we weren't allowed to make fun of people for anything anymore. Did that change?
The was called intentional irony. Some people would recognize it as satire. See Vivek's "stand" on gender.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:18 am Visionary? Yes.

Emotionally disturbed? Yes.

Bigot? Yes.

Business person? Sometimes.

In 2019 Musk claimed that Tesla would have one million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020; Tesla owners, he said, could make up to $30,000 a year while they slept by allowing their cars to moonlight as driverless taxis.

Elon Musk's self-driving-car project is on a road to nowhere

3/29/23 Elon Musk has spent much of the last decade assuring and reassuring customers and investors that driverless Teslas are right around the corner. Spoiler alert: You still can't take a snooze at the wheel or watch Netflix in traffic.

There was the press conference in 2016 when Musk predicted that Tesla would send a car from Los Angeles to New York City without human input by the following year. Then in 2019, he said he felt "very confident" that, by 2020, Tesla owners who bought the pricey Full Self-Driving option would be able to dispatch their cars as robotaxis and rake in passive income from their couches.

"Today it's financially insane to buy anything other than a Tesla," Musk said at an event touting the carmaker's autonomous-vehicle development in 2019. "It'll be like owning a horse in three years."

That revolutionary software update never came, and by 2022 the goalpost for bringing self-driving cars to the masses had shifted to 2023. Meanwhile, Musk has doubled down on the importance of driverless tech, going so far as to say the carmaker will be "worth basically zero" if it can't crack autonomous driving. Over the years, Tesla has hiked the price of Full Self-Driving to a whopping $15,000.

[...]
So Musk is basically just a mediocre sci-fi writer. He tells lots of exciting stories about how his futuristic cars might be used some time in the future. When you don't base those stories on information that leads you to believe that these advances are attainable, you're just a story teller. He's all concept.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:06 pm

Bigot? Yes.

In 2019 Musk claimed that Tesla would have one million robotaxis on the road by the end of 2020; Tesla owners, he said, could make up to $30,000 a year while they slept by allowing their cars to moonlight as driverless taxis.

3/29/23 Elon Musk has spent much of the last decade assuring and reassuring customers and investors that driverless Teslas are right around the corner. Spoiler alert: You still can't take a snooze at the wheel or watch Netflix in traffic.

There was the press conference in 2016 when Musk predicted that Tesla would send a car from Los Angeles to New York City without human input by the following year. Then in 2019, he said he felt "very confident" that, by 2020, Tesla owners who bought the pricey Full Self-Driving option would be able to dispatch their cars as robotaxis and rake in passive income from their couches.

"Today it's financially insane to buy anything other than a Tesla," Musk said at an event touting the carmaker's autonomous-vehicle development in 2019. "It'll be like owning a horse in three years."

That revolutionary software update never came, and by 2022 the goalpost for bringing self-driving cars to the masses had shifted to 2023. Meanwhile, Musk has doubled down on the importance of driverless tech, going so far as to say the carmaker will be "worth basically zero" if it can't crack autonomous driving. Over the years, Tesla has hiked the price of Full Self-Driving to a whopping $15,000.

[...]
So Musk is basically just a mediocre sci-fi writer. He tells lots of exciting stories about how his futuristic cars might be used some time in the future. When you don't base those stories on information that leads you to believe that these advances are attainable, you're just a story teller. He's all concept.
You can see the through-line to the "I was right about [x]" mealy-mouthed nonsense that the Randies of the world bring to the table.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:07 pm

Bigot? Yes.

[...]
You can see the through-line to the "I was right about [x]" mealy-mouthed nonsense that the Randies of the world bring to the table.
Yep. If you parrot 10,000 stupid things that other people say, one of them is still bound to happen as stupid things occasionally do still happen. It doesn't make you smart or well informed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:20 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:07 pm

Yep. If you parrot 10,000 stupid things that other people say, one of them is still bound to happen as stupid things occasionally do still happen. It doesn't make you smart or well informed.
It's the dumbest fucking con, and yet it works, over and over and over and over. So many times over that it's in memes about a movie about cons.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and which one are you guys?

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tweets the oligarchs who manage managers
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:16 pm Tweets the oligarchs who manage managers
I guess if you are devoid of morals and empathy and shame, then the divide really all comes down to whether or not you are the boss or the worker bee.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Perhaps "managerial class" is a telling way to phrase it.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:54 pm Perhaps "managerial class" is a telling way to phrase it.
It would seem that you and Vivek and Elon have more in common than is obvious at first glance.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohhhhhh

do tell!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Meta Platforms Inc. CEO Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly constructing an extensive compound in Kauai, Hawaii, featuring a unique blend of luxury and survivalist elements. The compound, known as Koolau Ranch, is set to include a 5,000-square-foot underground bunker, complete with its own energy and food supplies. The bunker’s design incorporates a metal door filled with concrete, a feature commonly found in bunkers and bomb shelters.

The project, which reflects a growing trend among Silicon Valley elites for preparedness and luxury, is estimated to cost around $100 million to build on top of the $170 million spent acquiring the land. This brings the total investment to approximately $270 million, according to Wired.

The project has been shrouded in secrecy since the beginning. Workers on the ranch are required to sign strict nondisclosure agreements, and reports indicate people have been fired for posting on social media that they are working on the project. Workers on the compound undergo constant surveillance from hundreds of cameras, and military-style security measures have been implemented across the ranch.

The methods to acquire the land also give rise to issues and speculation. Zuckerberg initially hid the purchases of land using shell companies and brokers to disguise them. Those shell companies are now involved in several lawsuits claiming they pressured locals with ancestral land rights to sell the land or get into a bidding war at auction with one of the richest men in the world.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuc ... 18946.html
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:54 pm Perhaps "managerial class" is a telling way to phrase it.
Replace "managerial class" with "uber wealthy" and it would be accurate. Managers are well below the uber wealthy in the pecking order of things.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:11 pm
Meta Platforms Inc. CEO Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly constructing an extensive compound in Kauai, Hawaii, featuring a unique blend of luxury and survivalist elements. The compound, known as Koolau Ranch, is set to include a 5,000-square-foot underground bunker, complete with its own energy and food supplies. The bunker’s design incorporates a metal door filled with concrete, a feature commonly found in bunkers and bomb shelters.

The project, which reflects a growing trend among Silicon Valley elites for preparedness and luxury, is estimated to cost around $100 million to build on top of the $170 million spent acquiring the land. This brings the total investment to approximately $270 million, according to Wired.

The project has been shrouded in secrecy since the beginning. Workers on the ranch are required to sign strict nondisclosure agreements, and reports indicate people have been fired for posting on social media that they are working on the project. Workers on the compound undergo constant surveillance from hundreds of cameras, and military-style security measures have been implemented across the ranch.

The methods to acquire the land also give rise to issues and speculation. Zuckerberg initially hid the purchases of land using shell companies and brokers to disguise them. Those shell companies are now involved in several lawsuits claiming they pressured locals with ancestral land rights to sell the land or get into a bidding war at auction with one of the richest men in the world.
Here's the thing, if you do work for the likes of Paul Allen, Zygi Wilf, Charles Koch, Sundar Pichai and or any other of the dozens of billionaires out there whose names you may never know; you sign an NDS at the start of the project. It's nothing nefarious. They want control of all publicity/narratives/images regarding the details of their projects. It's the price of admission. And even I have bought property under fictitious and LLC names. It's not a billionaire thing. If you look at the GIS map of Saguache County you won't find the names of the people you know who own buildings attached to the property records. Plenty of legit reasons for this.

And if you want to know what Zuck is building. Go to the building department that has jurisdiction over permitting. They have plans on file that are open public records.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That actually might be a pretty good career hack.

From now on, when job interviewers ask if I can explain the gaps in my resume, I’ll just say, “actually no I can’t, I signed an NDS. It’s nothing nefarious!”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

*narrator voice*

But it was nefarious. During that gap, Ousdahl was drunk off his ass in the San Luis Valley.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Judge blocks Elon Musk’s proposed $56 Billion (with a B) annual Tesla compensation.

Who’s even on Tesla’s bored of directors?! Is that you randy?