Evil Rich People

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Evil Rich People

Post by Deleted User 863 »

https://yhoo.it/3zM00Kh

Investing icon Warren Buffett has now pledged half of his Berkshire Hathaway shares to (BRK-B, BRK-A) to charity, giving another $4.1 billion to five foundations as part of his long-standing annual commitment to philanthropy.

"Today is a milestone for me. In 2006, I pledged to distribute all of my Berkshire Hathaway shares – more than 99% of my net worth – to philanthropy. With today’s $4.1 billion distribution, I’m halfway there," Buffett wrote in a letter on Wednesday.

According to Buffett, when he made his commitment in 2006 he held 478,998 A-shares in Berkshire stock. As of today, he owns 238,624 shares, worth just north of $100 billion, which are also "destined for philanthropy."

In the letter, Buffett also announced his resignation as a trustee of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMG), one of the recipients of his shares.

"I am now resigning from that post, just as I have done at all corporate boards other than Berkshire’s. The CEO of BMG is Mark Suzman, an outstanding recent selection who has my full support. My goals are 100% in sync with those of the foundation, and my physical participation is in no way needed to achieve these goals," Buffett added.

Buffett, who has long argued that excessive wealth really has no utility, said "the easiest deed in the world is to give away money that will never be of any real use to you or your family. The giving is painless and may well lead to a better life for both you and your children."
Cascadia

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by Cascadia »

lol
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If your point is that Rich People are not Evil by holding up Mr Buffett as an example then you need at least another person to justify your plural. Perhaps Mr Gates and Ms Scott may fit. You’d have to search high and low to find others.

I can rattle off at least 10 names who actually fit your title before you blink twice
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Illy is just continuing to melt down.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 pm You’d have to search high and low to find others.
No I wouldn't. My good friend's dad, who isn't even in the stratosphere of the people you listed, paid for a school to be built in South America.

Lots of rich/wealthy people do generous things with their money.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Lol. Illannoy trying so desperately to bait the trap.
Deleted User 863

It's no bait. We have thousands of threads about far more ridiculous/repetitive things. I thought maybe a story about something positive where a person is doing good might be a nice change of pace.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I can’t think of a single thing to contribute to this thread.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:51 pm I can’t think of a single thing to contribute to this thread.
Nor could Ilannoy, but it did not stop him.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:14 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:51 pm I can’t think of a single thing to contribute to this thread.
I shared an article about Warren Buffet doing good for others with his wealth. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:24 pm
I shared an article about Warren Buffet doing good for others with his wealth. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Is that a tear in your eye?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

@OP: to be fair, you only "shared" the link after framing it to suit your intended point, in the thread title.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ChalkRocker wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 pm @OP: to be fair, you only "shared" the link after framing it to suit your intended point, in the thread title.
Exactly. No one here is confused about the intent of the post.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The “I for one welcome our robot overlords” fallacy. Republicanism. It sure takes a brave soul to speak up for wealth, power and corruption. They surely will take notice. Wear a hat.
Deleted User 863

ChalkRocker wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 pm @OP: to be fair, you only "shared" the link after framing it to suit your intended point, in the thread title.
It's a dual use thread title.

We could use some dual threads on the poli bored instead of 25k individual threads nearly all about our former president. Could combine them all into 1 and make it nice and neat over there.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

k
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

still goes, wut I said...
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

You could have titled the the thread “Rich Person does Great Things”.

But you didn’t.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:25 pm

You could have titled the the thread “Rich Person does Great Things”.

But you didn’t.
Hey, he was being uber clever....
Deleted User 863

You guys are melting down over a thread title. On a friday night. About Warren Buffet.

My god that's pathetic when you really sit and think about it. 🤡

If you get this worked up over Warren, wait until the Jimmy Buffet thread comes.