Evil Rich People

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:29 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:10 pm struggling in your 20’s and 30’s is what your 20’s and 30’s are all about.
Sure, I don't disagree.

But, in my opinion, things right now are set up in such a way that if you do not start from a position of advantage, it is SIGNIFICANTLY harder today than it was 40 years ago to put your own kids in a position of advantage.
That's true. Fish and I actually agree on something. Our country has been trending in the wrong direction for a long time in this regard
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:49 pm so glad “we” decided to give someone like musk so much power

good job, ‘murica
Yes musk is to terrible. Remind that time that he... ??
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

What power does Musk have?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i remember when he withheld satellite comms and info from Ukraine

just the fact the he controls starlink i see as problematic, given his behavior uk to this point

out government, and really the international community, is rolling the dice relying on him as the sole transport to the space station
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randy and Deleted are both actually asking those questions?
If they both truly care about their questions then I suggest they take 5 or 10 minutes to do a little research and reading/listening about Musk.

I'm going to say I feel Musk has power in which SOME of it he uses for good purposes but if someone doesn't recognize and acknowledge the bad, then I might as well assume they are either brainwashed or uneducated/ignorant. That's coming from a typically uneducated/ignorant person (me) - but at least I make some effort to try and learn about and recognize all facets of a person. Not just what I want to pick and choose that supports my own feelings and beliefs.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm randy and Deleted are both actually asking those questions?
If they both truly care about their questions then I suggest they take 5 or 10 minutes to do a little research and reading/listening about Musk.

I'm going to say I feel Musk has power in which SOME of it he uses for good purposes but if someone doesn't recognize and acknowledge the bad, then I might as well assume they are either brainwashed or uneducated/ignorant. That's coming from a typically uneducated/ignorant person (me) - but at least I make some effort to try and learn about and recognize all facets of a person. Not just what I want to pick and choose that supports my own feelings and beliefs.
I wasn't insinuating he has no power. I was asking a genuine question.

And yes, I could have done google research and formed my own opinion instead of asking others for their opinion.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:02 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm randy and Deleted are both actually asking those questions?

And yes, I could have done google research and formed my own opinion instead of asking others for their opinion.
My genuine answer without doing a Google search is...
He owns a major public forum that not only allows "hate speech" but also promotes and thrives on division. Heck, he himself being guilty of it.
He owns or is a major stake holder in companies that can and will change the way people do things in the near term and distant future. Major things. Every day things.
He has power over our (and other country's) Government and has already proven he knows they are reliant upon him in some regards.
He has incredible amounts of money and can manipulate so many things because of it - that could have a major bearing on the world.
etc., etc., etc.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Des go hur?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-appeal ... he%20Congo.

March 5 (Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Tuesday refused to hold five major technology companies liable over their alleged support for the use of child labor in cobalt mining operations in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

According to the complaint, the companies "deliberately obscured" their dependence on child labor, including many children pressured into work by hunger and extreme poverty, to ensure their growing need for the metal would be met.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:12 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:02 pm

My genuine answer without doing a Google search is...
He owns a major public forum that not only allows "hate speech" but also promotes and thrives on division. Heck, he himself being guilty of it.
He owns or is a major stake holder in companies that can and will change the way people do things in the near term and distant future. Major things. Every day things.
He has power over our (and other country's) Government and has already proven he knows they are reliant upon him in some regards.
He has incredible amounts of money and can manipulate so many things because of it - that could have a major bearing on the world.
etc., etc., etc.
This is the right way to look at it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Robert Reich:

Jeff Bezos's Amazon and Elon Musk's SpaceX are both fighting in court to have the National Labor Relations Board declared unconstitutional.

Both of these companies have a disgraceful history of worker abuse and union busting. All of them have been charged by the NLRB with hundreds of violations of workers’ organizing rights

The NLRB is standing up to their union busting. That’s why they’re trying to destroy the NLRB.

I'm going to do my best to keep you all informed about this case as it snakes its way through the courts. The future of unions may depend on the final verdict.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, Trump starts bragging that he is going to break up unions by the weekend?

Or does someone here think that Elon’s dick sucks itself?

There is bail money to be raised here folks….
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Don Lemon says Elon Musk is the most delicate snowflake he’s ever interviewed
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Would a snowflake invoke the Great Replacement Theory while retweeting antisemitic memes on a multi-billion dollar investment platform? Why yes.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: "Free Speech" Absolutism! (As long as you agree with him.)

A federal judge on Monday threw out a lawsuit filed last year by Elon Musk’s X platform against the nonprofit organization Center for Countering Digital Hate.

U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer dismissed the lawsuit and wrote that it was an attempt to silence the center for its reports about rising hate speech and conspiracy theories on X.

“This case is about punishing the Defendants for their speech,” the judge wrote.

In a statement Monday, X said that it disagreed with Breyer’s decision and planned to appeal.

Musk, who has called himself a free speech absolutist, targeted the Center for Countering Digital Hate after it released a report called “Toxic Twitter” last year, when X was known as Twitter. That report said that Twitter under Musk’s ownership had reinstated the accounts of previously suspended “neo-Nazis, white supremacists, misogynists and spreaders of dangerous conspiracy theories,” and that Twitter stood to profit from additional advertising as a result.

X sued the center and a separate nonprofit, the European Climate Foundation, which X’s lawyers said conspired with the center to illegally obtain data about the platform’s advertising. The lawsuit said that the organizations had “cherry-picked” information and that they were unlawfully interfering with X’s relationship with advertisers.

But Breyer wrote in his ruling that X was simply trying to silence its critics. He ruled that X’s suit violated a California law barring litigation that is designed to punish free speech, cases that are also known as “strategic lawsuits against public participation” or SLAPP.

“X Corp.’s motivation in bringing this case is evident. X Corp. has brought this case in order to punish CCDH for CCDH publications that criticized X Corp. — and perhaps in order to dissuade others who might wish to engage in such criticism,” Breyer wrote.

“Although X Corp. accuses CCDH of trying ‘to censor viewpoints that CCDH disagrees with,’ it is X Corp. that demands ‘at least tens of millions of dollars’ in damages — presumably enough to torpedo the operations of a small nonprofit — because of the views expressed in the nonprofit’s publications,” he added.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Well, well Musk. Hypocrite
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ford ceo made $26.5m last year
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Carnegie was right. Andrew that is.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The rubes will go down with the ship!

They have faith!
Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost about half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $32 on Friday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”

For shareholders like McLain, investing in Truth Social is less a business calculation than a statement of faith in the former president and the business traded under his initials, DJT.

Even the company’s plunging stock price — and the chance their investments could get mostly wiped out — doesn’t seem to have shaken that faith. The company has lost $3.5 billion in value since its public debut last month.

As a business, Trump Media has largely underwhelmed: The company lost $58 million last year on $4 million in revenue, less than the average Chick-fil-A franchise, even as it paid out millions in executive salaries, bonuses and stock.

For shareholders like McLain, investing in Truth Social is less a business calculation than a statement of faith in the former president and the business traded under his initials, DJT.
Even the company’s plunging stock price — and the chance their investments could get mostly wiped out — doesn’t seem to have shaken that faith. The company has lost $3.5 billion in value since its public debut last month.

As a business, Trump Media has largely underwhelmed: The company lost $58 million last year on $4 million in revenue, less than the average Chick-fil-A franchise, even as it paid out millions in executive salaries, bonuses and stock.

Many of Truth Social’s investors say they’re in it for the long haul. Todd Schlanger, an interior designer at a furniture store in West Palm Beach who said Trump had been one of his customers, said he’s invested about $20,000 in total and is buying new shares every week.
Schlanger said he now watches his stock performance every day hoping for positive signs. In a Truth Social post last week, he encouraged “everyone who supports Donald Trump and Truth [Social to] buy a share everyday” and asked, “Do you think we have hit bottom?” (The stock slid nearly 10 percent after that post.)

He suspects the recent drops in share price have been the result of “stock manipulation” from an “organized effort” to make the company look bad. There’s no proof of such a campaign, but Schlanger is convinced. “It’s got to be political,” he said, from all the “liberals that are trying to knock it down.”
But yes of course, it's the liberals and the deep state destroying this otherwise worthless stock.
Another account, @realJaneBLONDE, posted on Sunday that she was “NOT panicked NOT worried” before, two days later, posting a message to Trump and congressional Republicans urging them to make it “illegal” to bet against or short-sell stocks.

“Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!” she wrote. “They’re stealing peoples money and you’re allowing it!!”

Some users said they were “baffled” by the stock’s ups and downs, and one asked for advice on how to tell her husband she didn’t want to sell. One user posted a meme image saying, “If you’re worried about your Money, Remember This, DJT stock is about FREE SPEECH & Without FREE SPEECH Money won’t mean much.”

Carol Swain, a prominent conservative commentator in Nashville who previously taught political science at Vanderbilt University, said she invested $1,000 in Trump Media stock earlier this month, at $48 a share, over the objections of her financial adviser, who predicted the stock would dive.
“If I lose it, fine. If I make a profit, wonderful. But at the end of the day, I wanted to show my support,” she said. “There’s such an effort to destroy him and strip his wealth away, and so much glee about it. I would like to see him be a winner.”

She, too, suspects stock manipulation, arguing that “the people who hate Donald Trump would do anything to try to hurt him.” As for Truth Social itself, she said she posts there only sparingly and prefers X, where she has 35 times as many followers. “I have always wanted not to just preach to the choir,” she said.

McLain, the tree service owner in Oklahoma, said he believes the stock could “go to $1,000 a share, easy,” once the media stops writing so negatively about it and the company works through its growing pains. The company’s leaders, he said, are being “too silent right now” amid questions about the falling share price, but he suspects it’s because they’re working on something amazing and new.
No doubt they are working on something amazing and new.

But in the meantime Jerry Dean, can I interest you in this limited edition DJT chain saw, used by the great man himself to chop down a woke tree on the White House lawn?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I would go $250 on a verified Donny Jr Coke spoon