Charges

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Charges

Post by ousdahl »

This might come as a surprise, but I honestly dunno if I’ve ever given enough thought to Putin to come up with these sorts of theories.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:24 pm This might come as a surprise, but I honestly dunno if I’ve ever given enough thought to Putin to come up with these sorts of theories.
^^^

It's gobsmacking to learn that you haven't given something much thought.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lindy Li
@lindyli

GOP is mad Fani Willis went on trips she herself paid for

Where was your energy when Clarence Thomas took decades of bribes from a billionaire?

Or when John Roberts’ wife made $10.3 million recruiting SCOTUS lawyers?

Or when Jared Kushner grifted billions from MBS

Alito takes luxury trips funded by billionaires and religious orgs

Gorsuch sold his million-dollar property to a lawyer with cases before him

And you guys want Fani Willis WHO DID NOTHING WRONG to recuse?!

WHERE WAS YOUR OUTRAGE THEN?!

Really American 🇺🇸
@ReallyAmerican1

Something is seriously wrong with a judicial system in which DA Fani Willis is criticized for the "appearance of impropriety" and a "lapse of judgment"...

...while Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is allowed to keep his seat, despite the "appearance of impropriety" in accepting possibly millions in gifts from billionaires, without recusing himself.

Isn't it a "lapse of judgement" for Thomas to opine on January 6th cases, while his own wife attempted to overturn the 2020 election?

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh look, more condescension, allsome.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:24 pm This might come as a surprise, but I honestly dunno if I’ve ever given enough thought to Putin to come up with these sorts of theories.
^^^

question about your sig:

on which side of that future/revolt dichotomy do you consider yourself?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:12 am oh look, more condescension, allsome.
You know, there is an easy way to fix it...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:18 am
Shirley wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:37 am
^^^

question about your sig:

on which side of that future/revolt dichotomy do you consider yourself?
Said in the voice of Apu: "Please to stop playing my straight man by giving me setups like that."

A tell is how often you make statements that seem to echo Vladimir, but are then incredulous when it's pointed out...
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

okay then...

well, in case this is really once again my own KComprehension scoring poorly, please do elaborate upon why saying things like it's peculiar Putin endorsed Biden and Trump is toxic batshit counts as echoing Vladimir.

you know, cuz I want to make sure the issue is not that I haven't given this something much thought.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You talk about being depressed and this is how you're spending your Saturday morning?

Get out in the sun or something.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:16 am okay then...

well, in case this is really once again my own KComprehension scoring poorly, please do elaborate upon why saying things like it's peculiar Putin endorsed Biden and Trump is toxic batshit counts as echoing Vladimir.

you know, cuz I want to make sure the issue is not that I haven't given this something much thought.
I didn't mean to imply that Everything you post echoes Putin, just the fact that it so often does should have prepared us for your current opinion about what Putin said vis-a-vis Biden v Trump.

And, I don't know what to say or how to respond to someone who takes what our most ardent adversaries say, especially former members of the KGB, at face value.

I mean, really?

(That was rhetorical, don't feel any need to respond.)
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

More gaslighting, great. If you don’t want me to feel the need to respond, then kindly refrain.

I maintain: I’m skeptical of pretty much everything, particularly when it comes to global politics and imperial aggression.

I don’t know what to say or how to respond when so many otherwise brilliant posters not only take, but with almost dogmatic conviction insist upon, the “WMDs in Iraq”-style narratives, no matter the evidence to suggest otherwise, with that face value you mention.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JFC
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:35 am More gaslighting, great. If you don’t want me to feel the need to respond, then kindly refrain.

I maintain: I’m skeptical of pretty much everything, particularly when it comes to global politics and imperial aggression.

I don’t know what to say or how to respond when so many otherwise brilliant posters not only take, but with almost dogmatic conviction insist upon, the “WMDs in Iraq”-style narratives, no matter the evidence to suggest otherwise, with that face value you mention.
Not acknowledging that there are differences between the US involvement in Iraq and Ukraine is but one example of your casual relationship with reality, and the false premises and broad conflations your posts are so often composed of.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:45 amJFC
Now, I must admit, I've never been to the state...but there has to be better things than this to do in Colorado, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:02 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:35 am More gaslighting, great. If you don’t want me to feel the need to respond, then kindly refrain.

Not acknowledging that there are differences between the US involvement in Iraq and Ukraine is but one example of your casual relationship with reality, and the false premises and broad conflations your posts are so often composed of.
But I HAVE acknowledged that there are differences!

It’s just as much a concern, I think, to not acknowledge the similarities between the U.S. involvement in Iraq and Ukraine.

But, let’s face it, again: this discussion is futile…particularly in the Charges thread, of all places.

On the “casual relationship with reality” comment, do you mean to make me question my own reality here? False premises and broad conflations and all?

Now, I realize I’m like so totally super duper annoying. That’s much of why I’ve posted less and less here, particularly on the pols bored…not that anyone has noticed.

So if I may reiterate, AGAIN, how annoying it is for you guys to chase me around with the Putin parrot bullshit in every single fucking thread.

Kindly spare me, please!

But thanks, at least, for backpedaling from “you so often echo Vladimir” to “I didn’t mean to imply that Everything you post echoes Putin.” Let’s go glass half full and call that much…progress?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ous
Just stop.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:46 pm Ous
Just stop.
He is too far gone
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:47 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:02 pm

every single fucking thread.
On this, we can all agree
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Overlander wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:51 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:46 pm Ous
Just stop.
He is too far gone
Too far gone from where, exactly?

Please be specific. I’d like to make sure I Kcomprehend.

If you’re unwilling or unable to, well, at the very least, maybe that’s another conversation we should have.

But to quote you yourself - JFC. If you don’t want me responding to you talking shit, then don’t talk shit in the first place! “Too far gone” what the fuck else am I supposed to say or do here?

None of this would have even blown up today if it weren’t for Shirley doubling down, once again, on the Putin parrot antagonisms, even though everyone knows how much it pisses me off. If you don’t want me reacting to shit like that, then don’t say shit that you know will get a reaction!

Unless, of course, your end game is to just talk shit and expect me to just take it on the chin, in which case, least admit that much, I guess?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I could give 2 fucks about what you do or don't take on the chin.

You seriously should consider a time out. This shit is changing you.