Charges

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Charges

Post by KUTradition »

No president or former president has ever been indicted. But a sitting president was arrested once.

In 1872, President Ulysses S. Grant was arrested at the corner of 13th and M streets NW in Washington. This was not a high crime, but it was — at least theoretically speaking — a misdemeanor.

The man who led the North to victory in the Civil War was busted for speeding in his horse-drawn carriage.

The story of his arrest — confirmed in 2012 by Cathy L. Lanier, who was then D.C.’s police chief — was told in a remarkable but obviously forgotten story in the Sept. 27, 1908, edition of the Washington Evening Star under the headline: “Only Policeman Who Ever Arrested a President.”

baller
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:31 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:13 am I actually somewhat agree with ya jfish. Trumps personality and "sore loserness" could be bad for the Republican party. They should unite behind someone else. The democrats do want to get rid of him but they think they could divide the Republican party more.

The Republican party is a mess. Democrats stand more united in their party

And yes the pubs are hoping biden is the dem nominee. Both parties and this country will be better off if neither Trump or biden are the main dudes for 2024
The Republicans can't unite behind anyone else, that's the problem.

Their policies are SO unpopular, and their margins are SO small. They can't afford to have any of the base peel off. How much of the base disappears if Trump is off the board (but still, like, alive and not in prison)?

The answer is: more than would be made up by re-attracting Never Trumpers.

The party entered entered into a marriage of convenience with the rubes to stave off political death...and now it's in the finding out portion of FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT.
And now you're speaking utter nonsense. Trump is polarizing because of the way the dems used big tech to paint a negative narrative of him

Right now the top priorities of most Americans is fixing the economy and stopping inflation
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:47 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:13 am I actually somewhat agree with ya jfish. Trumps personality and "sore loserness" could be bad for the Republican party. They should unite behind someone else. The democrats do want to get rid of him but they think they could divide the Republican party more.

And yes the pubs are hoping biden is the dem nominee. Both parties and this country will be better off if neither Trump or biden are the main dudes for 2024

Their policies are SO unpopular, and their margins are SO small. They can't afford to have any of the base peel off. How much of the base disappears if Trump is off the board (but still, like, alive and not in prison)?

The party entered entered into a marriage of convenience with the rubes to stave off political death...and now it's in the finding out portion of FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT.
And now you're speaking utter nonsense. Trump is polarizing because of the way the dems used big tech to paint a negative narrative of him

Right now the top priorities of most Americans is fixing the economy and stopping inflation
Many of these are words, and they are arranged. This much is certain.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't know one single person in my real life. that favors either uncle joe or dt in 24.

every real person i know is really anxious to turn this miserable 8 year page.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This sums up all you need to know about the latest Trump thing
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

delusional
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Rube bait is far, far too cheap to produce.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Some of us are old enough to remember 2011, when the democratically-controlled DOJ charged unsuccessful 2004 democratic vice-presidential candidate John Edwards (with felonies) for things he did during his 2008 democratic presidential primary campaign.

And when he was charged, did you hear democrats whining and bleating, going all "snowflake", and making fools of themselves like republicans now, defending the most corrupt president in the history of the United States?

Answer: No. Because we're not children who have to have our way or we threaten the very future of the republic. Bunch of ____ing sore losers much? You lost. Admit it & STF up.

But first, you "Law & Order" party, you, remind us all of how much you love America, and the constitution.

Former presidential candidate John Edwards was accused of funneling nearly $1 million in donor contributions to support his pregnant mistress and criminally charged with a campaign finance violation.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Biden is more corrupt and not even close
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

based on?

lol…you’re so far down the rabbit hole
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:08 pm based on?

lol…you’re so far down the rabbit hole
Biden has had to run for re-election every 4-6 years for longer than I’ve been alive. And I have a kid that drives. It would seem more likely than not that, at some point, someone aspiring to the offices he’s held would have done a lot better than finding some pictures of his kid’s hog.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:52 am Biden is more corrupt and not even close
The Biden's have released 24 years of tax returns in a row.

Because they have nothing to hide?

How many years of returns has your Cult leader made available to the American people?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

nobody cares about tax returns.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:47 am

Trump is polarizing because of the way the dems used big tech to paint a negative narrative of him
Hilarious! Blame anyone EXCEPT the royal asshat that makes it his daily goal to rub people the wrong way.

You were probably pulling for Clubber Lang to beat Rockys’ ass
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe is rocky. classic.

that is potd material.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not sure that’s what he was getting at, but you do you
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Biden is a career politician whos gotten filthy rich off the backs of the American people. Thats the guy you trust?

Trump aint clean either. But far less dirty than biden. Trump never needed politics. Hes actually the only president in decades that actually lost money by going into politics
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Id like to see Trump indicted, but not for the stormy Daniel's shit. That is a political farce.

I wanna see him indicted for his involvement at epsteins Island. I want to see every person on that list indicted