Re: Jayhawks making $$$

Post by ousdahl »

lol

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Ar ... 36174/Amp/

(sorry for linking to phog, pdub…please don’t ban me)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

This should be good....
Deleted User 863

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:00 pm https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Ar ... 36174/Amp/

(sorry for linking to phog, pdub…please don’t ban me)
Let me find my fainting couch.
Deleted User 863

How much $$$ will it take for a 2nd year of Gradey? $5,000,000ish for the face of college basketball?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm not going to click on that link. it might be a virus. but of course nil needs some rules and regulations and governing.

how long did you think this wild wild west atmosphere of doing business was going to last.

bring on the rules and regulations. and fix that transfer portal while they are at it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:08 pm i'm not going to click on that link. it might be a virus. but of course nil needs some rules and regulations and governing.

how long did you think this wild wild west atmosphere of doing business was going to last.

bring on the rules and regulations. and fix that transfer portal while they are at it.
Sound bite from Charles barkley. Pretty funny shit
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Looks like Tait got lured away from LJW to help the players make $
https://twitter.com/Mass_StNIL/status/1 ... 77234?s=20
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm sure it will "level out".....so ridiculous
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real tho remember when Jalen and Dajuan were slinging frosties
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

They deserve every bit of that 4mil (imo). They make the school and a lot of other people a shit load of money, including Bill Self being the highest paid coach at over 9mil last year.

4 mil split between 6-8 guys isn't that ridiculous (imo).

How much does the AD get paid per year?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:27 am They deserve every bit of that 4mil (imo). They make the school and a lot of other people a shit load of money, including Bill Self being the highest paid coach at over 9mil last year.

Here you go, I'll be the contrarian.
I feel they don't deserve shit other than an ALL expense paid trip (food, housing, clothing [yes - they get clothes to wear], tuition, medical care, travel expenses, etc. etc., etc.,) to play basketball for the University of Kansas as an AMATEUR STUDENT ATHLETE - and as "tuition" alludes to - a FREE college education.
All that would cost the average person around what? Maybe a hundred thousand dollars to get what they get for free.
"But but but it's not fair that people profit off of them".
My response, cry me a fucking river. What exactly isn't not fair about it? As I pointed out - they got reciprocated. Financially and in other ways.
They knew the deal before NIL and they all were happy to agree to it and had it pretty damn good. Besides, many/most also got "paid" too.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:05 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:27 am They deserve every bit of that 4mil (imo). They make the school and a lot of other people a shit load of money, including Bill Self being the highest paid coach at over 9mil last year.

Here you go, I'll be the contrarian.
I feel they don't deserve shit other than an ALL expense paid trip (food, housing, clothing [yes - they get clothes to wear], tuition, medical care, travel expenses, etc. etc., etc.,) to play basketball for the University of Kansas as an AMATEUR STUDENT ATHLETE - and as "tuition" alludes to - a FREE college education.
All that would cost the average person around what? Maybe a hundred thousand dollars to get what they get for free.
"But but but it's not fair that people profit off of them".
My response, cry me a fucking river. What exactly isn't not fair about it? As I pointed out - they got reciprocated. Financially and in other ways.
They knew the deal before NIL and they all were happy to agree to it and had it pretty damn good. Besides, many/most also got "paid" too.
You, being a contrarian? I don't believe it. 😜

The school isn't paying them NIL.

All those things you listed are things the school should and does provide.

The school doesn't have shit to do with whether JBL Audio is going to pay them for doing a commercial.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You were the staunchest of advocates for Self's connection to the Adidas shenanigans.
So then surely if you can connect the dots there then you can connect the dots to where the school employs people who direct that money.
Maybe the school doesn't directly pay them that money but does that make a difference at all? Employees of said school are meeting with collectives/boosters and regulating that money - they are getting paid to do that. I don't see the "ohhh GOTCHYA" that posters are trying to bring up when they say, "bUt ThE SChoOl ISnT pAYinG tHe PLAyeRs".

You also highly doubted that this kind of money would be in college basketball. You didn't think it would change much.

Here's a good quote.

"NIL doesn't taint the sport. It is separate of the schools. Win win imo."

LOL.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:22 am Maybe the school doesn't directly pay them that money but does that make a difference at all?
It makes all the difference in the world, to me.

I do not want the schools paying the players. That's not what schools are for.