Jayhawks making $$$

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Jayhawks making $$$

Post by ousdahl »

I’m curious to see how Dave’s role might evolve with another year and some new guard personnel.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:59 am I’m curious to see how Dave’s role might evolve with another year and some new guard personnel.
I expect it'll be night and day. He will be much more comfortable with 2 ballhandlers instead of none.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:59 am I’m curious to see how Dave’s role might evolve with another year and some new guard personnel.
Evolve wouldn't be the word I would use. Whatever your favorite antonym of evolve is would fit better.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:58 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:50 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am You have the Daves and Mitches....and then you have the Frankamps who bolt at the first sign of competition at their position.

Dave sat behind Dok for 2 entire years and did so admirably and without any signs of negative team chemistry stemming from his lack of PT.
He was behind Dok for 1 season.
I guess Dok only played 9 games the 2nd season, but he was behind him until the injury, and he knew it heading into the season and still didn't transfer.
I guess if you want to give him credit for not transferring, that's fine, you can like a player for whatever reason you want. I would guess nearly all of our favorite players were guys that didn't transfer.

But, the thing about him sitting on the bench for two years is related to the reason why he's not likely to ever be one of my favorites--he's just not very good compared to what we thought we were getting.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, maybe 2 ball handlers will better for getting him the ball, but he’s still gotta get in position.

Hopefully he learns some footwork to “score before he gets the ball.” No collect, no dribble, just get the ball and put it up in rhythm.

But perhaps more of it will be he has guys who look to score themselves, so he doesn’t have to be the only one trying to shoot.

I’ve said before, but I wonder what he’d look like in a rich man’s Landen Lucas role. Focus on boreds, D, screens and spacing for other guys, offense coming more from dishes and lobs than from deliberate feeds.

Thing is, he’s a lot more player than that. But at the same time, if we have another stretch of offense that’s little more than forcing the post to a big playing physically and mentally soft and trying to finesse it, I might just change the channel to cartoons.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 amI’ve said before, but I wonder what he’d look like in a rich man’s Landen Lucas role. Focus on boreds, D, screens and spacing for other guys, offense coming more from dishes and lobs than from deliberate feeds.
He'll be a lot more likeable this season because he should be in a more proper role for him.

Running all the sets through him ain't it. That wasn't his fault. That was Bill's.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am Well, maybe 2 ball handlers will better for getting him the ball, but he’s still gotta get in position.

Hopefully he learns some footwork to “score before he gets the ball.” No collect, no dribble, just get the ball and put it up in rhythm.

But perhaps more of it will be he has guys who look to score themselves, so he doesn’t have to be the only one trying to shoot.

I’ve said before, but I wonder what he’d look like in a rich man’s Landen Lucas role. Focus on boreds, D, screens and spacing for other guys, offense coming more from dishes and lobs than from deliberate feeds.

Thing is, he’s a lot more player than that. But at the same time, if we have another stretch of offense that’s little more than forcing the post to a big playing physically and mentally soft and trying to finesse it, I might just change the channel to cartoons.
Better shooters would spread the floor. Give Dave more time and space. I think that'd help him calm down. Then you'd get good Dave more often.

When he's good he's pretty damn good.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It was about this time last year when Bill said that Dave should be our best offensive player and we need to play through him.

I mean, you have to know the psyche of your dudes better than that. Dave is so much better when not a lot is expected out of him.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, floor spacing will help.

And yeah, a lot was on Self to not run so many post feeds, but at the same time, what else was Self supposed to do when the other guys were so hesitant to shoot, and so lacking the ball skills to drive or create.

It’s crazy that we had multiple games we legit couldn’t get to 60 points.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:26 am Yeah, floor spacing will help.

And yeah, a lot was on Self to not run so many post feeds, but at the same time, what else was Self supposed to do when the other guys were so hesitant to shoot, and so lacking the ball skills to drive or create.

It’s crazy that we had multiple games we legit couldn’t get to 60 points.
Get the players and the ball moving. His offense is stale. Has been for awhile.
Deleted User 863

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

checkout should be two words, JWil

jussayin’
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Goddammit. J. Wilson's has been in LFK forever and I never put that natural fit together with Jalen.

Come on, 100% of the posters here have to smile at that one.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m just waiting for a particular transfer guard to start pumping cognac…

What? I hear Yesufu likes Hennessey
Deleted User 863

nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I thought the players weren't allowed to wear any college branded gear during their ads. Did I just dream that or something?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:23 pm I thought the players weren't allowed to wear any college branded gear during their ads. Did I just dream that or something?
The ads themselves would probably be considered something different than an announcement of the partnership.
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:32 pm
nu_bronco wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:23 pm I thought the players weren't allowed to wear any college branded gear during their ads. Did I just dream that or something?
The ads themselves would probably be considered something different than an announcement of the partnership.
I think some of that is different in different states if i read the rules correctly.

I do think what he just posted counts as an ad, so it's possible he committed a violation by doing that.

It is also possible 2 of the pictures were added by mistake. A few weeks ago Jalen Wilson posted his ad for the restaurant he is partnered with, they obviously sent him the text of what they wanted the post to say, but he forgot to replace "*insert favorite dish*" within the post for about 5min before enough people commented that he noticed...but cut the kid a break, they're amateurs. Oh wait. 🙊
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but what if your favorite dish is endless breadsticks?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:49 pm but what if your favorite dish is endless breadsticks?
Speaking of O G, it is still impossible to beat the value of Olive Gardens Soup, Salad, Breadstick lunch.