Jayhawks making $$$

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Jayhawks making $$$

Post by PhDhawk »

Och and McMack are my faves. For similar reasons, plus they're really good.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My fave is Braun

:) :) :)
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:04 am My fave is Braun

Now we can head to the gas station thread you hater!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:04 am My fave is Braun

Mine is Wilson.

I have a poster of him not dunking on my wall.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Illy bro I’m trying to bring positivity to the upcoming season.

That’s why I added the smiley faces and everything.

*sips coffee*
Deleted User 863

🎣🎣🎣🎣
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am Och and McMack are my faves. For similar reasons, plus they're really good.
I can understand defending McCormack, which I did from about January on. But, liking him enough to be a favorite? I can't understand that. He's a frustrating player, and maybe the unfair thing to him is that his rides on the struggle bus are very visual.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am Och and McMack are my faves. For similar reasons, plus they're really good.
I can understand defending McCormack, which I did from about January on. But, liking him enough to be a favorite? I can't understand that. He's a frustrating player, and maybe the unfair thing to him is that his rides on the struggle bus are very visual.
Speaking for myself here, but i give Dave a TON of credit for staying at KU and not transferring. Most McDonalds AA do not happily sit the bench for 2 years. He did and didn't become a headache or distraction.

On court stuff aside, he earned my respect and admiration for sticking it out when most wouldn't. That's a cool thing to see and is something i value more than on court skills when determining my "favorites" each year.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I wish he dunked more. I wish he'd calm down.

But he works hard, plays hard, seems like a good dude. Definitely ahead of Mitch on my list.

This isn't a team Loaded with "favorite player" candidates. At least not today with half the roster never having played a game for KU.

Deleted User 863

You have the Daves and Mitches....and then you have the Frankamps who bolt at the first sign of competition at their position.

Dave sat behind Dok for 2 entire years and did so admirably and without any signs of negative team chemistry stemming from his lack of PT.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:40 am
Speaking for myself here, but i give Dave a TON of credit for staying at KU and not transferring. Most McDonalds AA do not happily sit the bench for 2 years. He did and didn't become a headache or distraction.

On court stuff aside, he earned my respect and admiration for sticking it out when most wouldn't. That's a cool thing to see and is something i value more than on court skills when determining my "favorites" each year.
Well it is hard to argue with any of that. To me, they all seem like good dudes, and 99% of my enjoyment from them is limited to the 40 minute games they play twice a week.

I will admit that some of my personal interactions with players in the years I was around campus (and closer to that age) did affect my opinion of each, though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If we had a breakout candidate, who?

Jalen and Och might do it.

I’d say maybe one of the transfers but transfers are also as prone to growing pains as anyone.

But heck, even if their breakout don’t come til overtime in the elite 8, I’ll take it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:42 am

But he works hard, plays hard, seems like a good dude. Definitely ahead of Mitch on my list.

This isn't a team Loaded with "favorite player" candidates. At least not today with half the roster never having played a game for KU.
Well, I think Och is one of the most likable players we've ever had.

With "favorite" player, I think on court performance is such a huge thing, and I think about all the crucial situation fadeaways that Dave took. But, yeah, I like him quite a bit more than D-3 Mitch.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:45 am If we had a breakout candidate, who?

I’d say maybe one of the transfers but transfers are also as prone to growing pains as anyone.

But heck, even if their breakout don’t come til overtime in the elite 8, I’ll take it
Would either even qualify?

My expectations are for both are pretty high.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 am

With "favorite" player, I think on court performance is such a huge thing, and I think about all the crucial situation fadeaways that Dave took. But, yeah, I like him quite a bit more than D-3 Mitch.
Och was the first name I listed.

I actually think he and McMack are very similar in likability, not style of play.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am You have the Daves and Mitches....and then you have the Frankamps who bolt at the first sign of competition at their position.

Dave sat behind Dok for 2 entire years and did so admirably and without any signs of negative team chemistry stemming from his lack of PT.
He was behind Dok for 1 season, and as a McD AA, he wasn't nearly good enough to beat out Mitch Lightfoot for minutes--frustrating to me as a fan.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:45 am If we had a breakout candidate, who?

Yesufu

Pettiford
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:40 am

Well it is hard to argue with any of that. To me, they all seem like good dudes, and 99% of my enjoyment from them is limited to the 40 minute games they play twice a week.

I will admit that some of my personal interactions with players in the years I was around campus (and closer to that age) did affect my opinion of each, though.
My faves each year don't always follow a pattern.

Hell i had a giant framed Bryant Nash poster hanging on my wall as a kid.

There are years where my fave is a Frank Devonte Ben or Sherron type player.

Then there are years where it is a Jamari Bryant Nash Mitch Lightfoot type of player.

Then there are years where off court stuff produces a favorite. The Darnell Jackson or Thomas Robinson type stuff. Where you really truly want that player to do well because of off court adversity.

It's hard to narrow down, but my favorite Jayhawk of the Self era might be TRob because he was a combo of all the things i love. Stuck it out and paid his dues. Was awesome to watch on the court. And overcame off court adversity. He's just a good person. And i also think the bond he has with the Morris Twins and Mario Little is one of the coolest things. Life has taken them in different directions but those dudes are always together during off seasons.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:50 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 am

Och was the first name I listed.

I actually think he and McMack are very similar in likability, not style of play.
Both good guys.

Och bricks too many good looks and doesn't have the ability to get to the rim--Dave takes too many bad shots and turns the ball over too much. For me, easier to forgive the former.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:50 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am You have the Daves and Mitches....and then you have the Frankamps who bolt at the first sign of competition at their position.

He was behind Dok for 1 season.
I guess Dok only played 9 games the 2nd season, but he was behind him until the injury, and he knew it heading into the season and still didn't transfer.