Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

18 Team Conferences for the hell of it

SEC (18) - Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State, LSU, ArKansas, Missouri, A&M, OU, Texas, oSu, Houston

PAC (18) - Arizona, Ariz St, Utah, Colorado, Wash, Wazzou, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, USC, UCLA, Tech, TCU, Baylor, BYU, Boise State, Nevada

ACC (18) - BC, Cuse, Pitt, UVA, VT, L'Ville, Duke, UNC, NC State, WF, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami, WVU, Notre Dame, UCF, Memphis

BIG (18) - Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, Mich St, Wiscy, NW, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, KANSAS, Iowa State, kstate, Cincinnati.

That would be ideal for all. Would make the regular season loaded in all sports.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Pac and B1G wouldn't take some of those schools for academic reasons
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

About 17 years ago, there was a poster on KUSports.com from North Carolina that had to write a check for $400,000 every year to cover his taxes who advocated these megaconferences.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

The formation of those megaconferences will spell the death of the NCAA, at least as we know it. 16 teams, 18 teams, whatever it ends up being, these conferences will form and leave the NCAA. I still think the SEC is going to do it as soon as they get Oklahoma and Texas added. They'll start it and the other Power 5 conferences will follow.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am Pac and B1G wouldn't take some of those schools for academic reasons
At a certain point, if they keep those stances, they won't survive. They need to sink or swim and if they are going to stay high and mighty with academic reasons, they will sink.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Unfortunately it's a grow-or-die world. And the NCAA simply played with its dick while storm clouds were obviously brewing.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:33 am Unfortunately it's a grow-or-die world. And the NCAA simply played with its dick while storm clouds were obviously brewing.
I would further add the Big12 was also dicking around with no leadership while teams were leaving left and right. And we are still at 10 teams. Should have brought in Louisville and Cincy when they wanted in to at least get back to 12 teams. If TX and OU leave, there's no Big12, it dissolves and the remaining schools are left to fend for themselves.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:33 am Unfortunately it's a grow-or-die world. And the NCAA simply played with its dick while storm clouds were obviously brewing.
I would further add the Big12 was also dicking around with no leadership while teams were leaving left and right. And we are still at 10 teams. Should have brought in Louisville and Cincy when they wanted in to at least get back to 12 teams. If TX and OU leave, there's no Big12, it dissolves and the remaining schools are left to fend for themselves.
Totally agree. The conference totally buried its head in the sand thinking that the expiration of the grant of rights was forever to be in the distant future.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Most reports I have read as far as predictions, have Iowa State and K-State going to Big10 and KU going to ACC (mostly because of our crap football program), along with W. Virginia. That would suck IMO. I would much rather be in the Big10.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:28 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am Pac and B1G wouldn't take some of those schools for academic reasons
At a certain point, if they keep those stances, they won't survive. They need to sink or swim and if they are going to stay high and mighty with academic reasons, they will sink.
PAC schools might not care, honestly.

And B1G is probably powerful enough they could make some schools flip. Would a school like Vandy consider it if the B1G came calling? I don't know much about that school, but I can't imagine they wouldn't consider it.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

shindig wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 am Most reports I have read as far as predictions, have Iowa State and K-State going to Big10 and KU going to ACC (mostly because of our crap football program), along with W. Virginia. That would suck IMO. I would much rather be in the Big10.
I think these are sports people reporting based entirely on sports.

If University President's have any say, K-state isn't going to the B1G. And while ISU makes more sense, it's not a big get either.

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Kansas in the ACC would be awesome for basketball. Duke and UNC every year? Yes please.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

shindig wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:26 am Most reports I have read as far as predictions, have Iowa State and K-State going to Big10 and KU going to ACC (mostly because of our crap football program), along with W. Virginia. That would suck IMO. I would much rather be in the Big10.
Doesn't make much sense that BIG would pick kstate over KU, but whatever.

KU will be fine, they just have to be aggressive.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am
Doesn't make much sense that BIG would pick kstate over KU, but whatever.

KU will be fine, they just have to be aggressive.
They wouldn't.

I could ONLY see that happening if we chose the ACC over the B1G and then the insulted B1G became desperate to get one more team to get to an even number.

shindig

Post by shindig »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am Kansas in the ACC would be awesome for basketball. Duke and UNC every year? Yes please.
Great for basketball, but kiss regular season championships bye. Duke and UNC will always get the better recruits based on their location, just tougher to convince a kid to come to Kansas.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you guys all talk like KU has much leverage re: statie

unless i’m mistaken, the Kansas Board of Regents will make or break whatever chance KU has to unhitch itself from statie
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if you include notre dame in the acc, there are currently 65 power 5 schools. if they go to four 16 team conferences, somebody is outside looking in.

i think.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think if there were 4 super conferences, schools like Cincinnati, UCF, Memphis, BYU, Houston and one or 2 others would join in.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am Kansas in the ACC would be awesome for basketball. Duke and UNC every year? Yes please.
Great for basketball, but kiss regular season championships bye. Duke and UNC will always get the better recruits based on their location, just tougher to convince a kid to come to Kansas.
Duke hasn't won the ACC since 2010 but OK.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BIG would me so much more fun. Superior athletic conference. Carry a high name and status. Play in some major markets like Chicago and other places that are popular for Kansas alums.