Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am BIG would me so much more fun. Superior athletic conference. Carry a high name and status. Play in some major markets like Chicago and other places that are popular for Kansas alums.
I just don't see a realistic realignment scenario that has Kansas anywhere but the Big Ten.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

my vote would be B1G, if the Big 12 has to go
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:16 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:10 am BIG would me so much more fun. Superior athletic conference. Carry a high name and status. Play in some major markets like Chicago and other places that are popular for Kansas alums.
I just don't see a realistic realignment scenario that has Kansas anywhere but the Big Ten.
Is it unrealistic to think the Kansas Board of Regents will require Kansas and KState to be a package deal? which might mean Big Ten may not be an option?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:20 am
Is it unrealistic to think the Kansas Board of Regents will require Kansas and KState to be a package deal? which might mean Big Ten may not be an option?
Ugh not this shit again.
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:23 am

Ugh not this shit again.
has something changed? that’s always seemed to be a major issue that gets brought up in these discussions
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 am

Ugh not this shit again.
has something changed? that’s always seemed to be a major issue that gets brought up in these discussions
I just mean it's the dumbest fucking possible thing for the Board of Regents to care about, and it should not be a consideration.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think it's BIG or Pac. Don't think it'll be ACC and obviously not SEC.

For schools north of the Oklahoma line and not far out west, Kansas is the most attractive option for BIG, and that will matter quite a bit.

But if Kansas and kstate have to remain together, which makes little to no sense, Pac it is. Nice conference set up with Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah and whoever else.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yeah and I would prefer to stay in the Central time zone for the most part, playing games on the predominately East coast would get old.
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am

Ugh not this shit again.
I just mean it's the dumbest fucking possible thing for the Board of Regents to care about, and it should not be a consideration.
ahh, gotcha

totally agree
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Ugh not this shit again.
They have stated that they'd prefer them to be together but it is not a requirement that I have seen. Also, they passed a change in March of this year to who needs to approve a move to a different conference. If I read it right, it used to require the entire board approve it; now it only requires the board Chair and President/CEO.

"During the Regents’ monthly meeting Wednesday, board general counsel Julene Miller said the proposed policy would require the board chair and president/CEO, rather than the entire board, to approve any requests from a university, to “address concerns about a potential need to move swiftly in some circumstances and also with confidentiality.”"

https://themercury.com/news/ks-regents- ... f1b46.html
Deleted User 89

shindig wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:36 am
Yeah and I would prefer to stay in the Central time zone for the most part, playing games on the predominately East coast would get old.
i’d rather east coast than west coast, personally...and i’m already an hour behind you midwesterners
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:39 am

Ugh not this shit again.
They have stated that they'd prefer them to be together but it is not a requirement that I have seen. Also, they passed a change in March of this year to who needs to approve a move to a different conference. If I read it right, it used to require the entire board approve it; now it only requires the board Chair and President/CEO.

"During the Regents’ monthly meeting Wednesday, board general counsel Julene Miller said the proposed policy would require the board chair and president/CEO, rather than the entire board, to approve any requests from a university, to “address concerns about a potential need to move swiftly in some circumstances and also with confidentiality.”"

https://themercury.com/news/ks-regents- ... f1b46.html
thanks for that

it seems a notable change for sure
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:40 am
i’d rather east coast than west coast, personally...and i’m already an hour behind you midwesterners
For basketball, Pac 12 would be a killer. Routine post-bedtime tips on whatever Fox Sports is calling itself this month? Ugh.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Big 12 going to meet about this today apparently.

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/statu ... 5183610882
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:40 am
yeah, if it was between east and west, then definitely east. I'm not staying up to watch a Big Monday game that starts at 10:20 Central between KU and UCLA or whoever in the PAC12.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im gonna miss a lot of games if they go east.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I just want the instability to end. We have lived through a stupid decade of a 12-team conference with 10 teams. I prefer BiG. But I like our games outside of Texas for once.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If they Big 12 wants to save itself they had better act quickly and aggressively. If not, the ship is sinking and Goff and Co. better be on the horn yesterday to make moves. The last thing you want to do is be on the outside looking in.
Holidaysmore - 2005
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

my first choice is always to remain a member institution of the BIG 12. BIG 8. BIG 12. it's all i know.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

We talk/think about this mainly in the terms of the 2 main sports, but football/basketball would survive just fine without conferences....isn't a big part of the value of conferences supposed to be academics? You know, the reason colleges/university exist in the first place.