Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:00 pm
ChicagoHawk wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:14 am
pdub wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:29 pm IT wAs InEViTABle THEreS NoTHINg yOU cOULd Do JuST aCCEpT iT youLL lOVe iT oR youRE OlD!
I don’t think you need to love it or even accept it, whatever that means. But it’s pretty funny and bizarre how mad you guys get at the idea people might like some of the outcomes of these changes.
I don't really have that much an issue if someone wants pro sports with a college sports halloween costume -- but it's more a problem for me, if we ( the people who don't like it ) complain, the crew that does like it saying stuff like, you're old, out of touch, get over it it was inevitable, you're racist.

I'm watching less and complaining more. Eventually i'll just keep watching less and complaining less. Hang on everyone.
DUDE you clueless.....you really really think the athletes were not getting paid before NIL. Your crazy if you think Zion did not get a dime to go to DUKE. Yeah NIL was the end of Coach K and Cal and their behind the scene Nike money cause now it's wide open. You probably naive enough to think John Wooden won 10 out of 12 cause he the greatest coach ever. Hell NIL is going to be the End of Saban even though he went off on the boosters.

I went to a small HS in Kansas. Our Football team sucked but I was OK with it cause if we weren't I for sure would have never seen the field. We did have one badass LB. His Senior Year he had brand new car. He got Football Scholarship. Now you being clueless probably think his parents bought him that car.

Did Alabama buy their football recruiting class last year. Yes they did. Did they buy their recruiting class 10 years ago? Of course. You see NIL is ten times better cause it's for real and everyone can see it.

You probably do not like the transfer portal either. Ok why not? Alabama had a stud LB that could not get on the field. So he transfers to Arkansas and poof he a 1'st round pick. Just this season Georgia had a LB that could not get on the field. He transferred to Bama. Watch out.

I know it's all to new for you but these changes are over due and the future is a lot brighter.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zion got paid.
Roi Williams best players at Kansas have said they didn’t.
A number of Bill Self recruits have said as much.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mitch and Teahan talk about it fairly often on their podcast. In sure they're was money being paid...but it wasn't nearly as constantly prevalent as you make it sound. The Nigel Packs of the sport weren't getting 800k tossed at em.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m not naive enough to not know that athletes were getting more than schollies in the past…but it was not as prevalent as posters justifying the new era of “college” sports want to believe.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Money has change everything and it isn't changing back. I miss the consistency of conference opponents and breaking Mizzou fans hearts every year in hoops. But money has made that a distant memory now. I'll just have to find something new to enjoy about the new environment. It will be interesting to see what the landscape is in 5 years as I doubt we are at the stopping point yet.
surly

Post by surly »

the next realignment will involve the acc. either an alliance with the b12 of some sort designed by espn, or it will dissolve as well with most headed to the three power conferences, but some schools left out, e.g. wake and bc. i'm not sure which or when but it will happen.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why would the Big12 (Fox) partner with the acc (espn) in a deal orchestrated by espn?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

eventually we will get to three 20-25 team conferences. BIG 12. big 10. sec.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
surly

Post by surly »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:23 am why would the Big12 (Fox) partner with the acc (espn) in a deal orchestrated by espn?
fox will want to upgrade their asset list adding teams like unc and uva to the big. espn will want to do the same adding fsu and clemson to theirs, the sec. the remainder, well many anyway, will find a home in the combined platform, the b12. the bad assets will be culled, e.g. bc, wake, perhaps syracuse, and so on. this will be a method for espn and the acc mega schools to settle their contract dispute.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

surly wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:23 am why would the Big12 (Fox) partner with the acc (espn) in a deal orchestrated by espn?
fox will want to upgrade their asset list adding teams like unc and uva to the big. espn will want to do the same adding fsu and clemson to theirs, the sec. the remainder, well many anyway, will find a home in the combined platform, the b12. the bad assets will be culled, e.g. bc, wake, syracuse, etc.
why would Fox not push for a partnership with a conference they’re already broadcasting? B1G

it makes more sense that acc would partner with sec

why would any of these broadcasters want to split their revenue with a competitor?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
surly

Post by surly »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:44 am
surly wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 am
fox will want to upgrade their asset list adding teams like unc and uva to the big. espn will want to do the same adding fsu and clemson to theirs, the sec. the remainder, well many anyway, will find a home in the combined platform, the b12. the bad assets will be culled, e.g. bc, wake, syracuse, etc.
why would Fox not push for a partnership with a conference they’re already broadcasting? B1G

it makes more sense that acc would partner with sec

why would any of these broadcasters want to split their revenue with a competitor?
this is about upgrading the asset list, not downgrading. it's why the b10 took oregon and uw and left osu and wsu. the acc and sec have nothing to partner. the former is on life support, the latter cruising on a tiger yacht. and they are not splitting revenue, revenue is not the game, they want to maximizing margin. it's about bottom line in commerce, not how big a truck one has.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol

the acc is a long way from being on life support
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

new rumors swirling about Stanford to acc
surly

Post by surly »

lol indeed. i wonder if you're really keeping up with today's environment which is odd given what happened to the 100 year old pacific conference last week?

Who are in the M7? Clemson, Florida State, Miami, UNC, NC State, Virginia, and Virginia Tech banded together this Spring to form a cohesive block of teams with the biggest chances of doing radically better in one of the two super conferences forming. Again, no fooling, this isn’t about expanding the ACC or reforming the conference revenue flows based on some audience share calculations no matter the public stances. This is about the reality that these program Athletic Departments see the reality with which they are faced. They either get out of the ACC and join a super conference, or they languish as 2nd or even 3rd Tier programs. That’s pretty brutal, but business can be cut-throat and brutal, can’t it?

https://www.gobblercountry.com/2023/6/2 ... ech-hokies
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

cool
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The Big XII has a deal with Fox Sports and ESPN.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:07 pm
The Big XII has a deal with Fox Sports and ESPN.
well that’s my bad then

i thought it was just fox
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The more I read about Arizona State, it's President, and it's AD, the more I wish they would have been stranded along with Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, and Wazzu.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i actually liked their AD’s jab at wvu