Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:10 am I would like to chime in and once again say this, in general, is trash.

Washington in the B12?
UCF?
BYU?
Gross.

Colorado though I have a fondness for despite them helping get the ball rolling to destroy a good thing.
agreed. conferences should be regional.

this, along with many other recent developments doesn't improve the state of college athletics.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I think the conny chgs are partly regrettable, partly understandable, and mostly, interesting AF
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:26 pm It’ll be Arizona.
report on the radio said there may be Utah rumblings
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
surly

Post by surly »

arizona likely has the first option with a drop dead date. word is that media partners want this expansion to stop at 14. uconn could have the second ticket but not sure they have the chops to buy their way out of the big east. and how could the league pass on utah and/or oregon if they apply? uw is a b10 school in waiting.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uconn in the BIG 12 does not compute.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:53 pm uconn in the BIG 12 does not compute.
Neither does WVU or UCF...
surly

Post by surly »

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
SWAIM SHOW
@GSwaim
Tucsony tells us that Arizona to the #Big12 is now a "done deal" and "this will happen on or before Tuesday", which is consistent with what three others who follow Wildcats have told us. #BearDown
3:12 AM · Jul 30, 2023
·
Views

assuming this happens tuesday or thereafter, fox will have to approve the next addition(s) or they'll have to come at a $12 million media discount. fox's contract covers both cu and the next addition, likely uofa, but nothing thereafter without an amendment to their media deal. espn covers up to four p5 additions, the first of which is now colorado.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

Curmudgeons in here mad about the idea of realignment: why don’t you want the B12 to field the most competitive group possible? Strict regionality in the top tier leagues is long gone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just because something is inevitable to happen doesn’t make it good.
surly

Post by surly »

the four-corner schools seem so b12-logical to me at this point, oregon and uw not. but who knows what's next in this goofball world of college sports? i do believe we're headed for three mega conferences (looking at you notre dame).
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:44 pm Just because something is inevitable to happen doesn’t make it good.
It’s also good on the merits when the relatively strong league that Kansas plays in, which had a tenuous future, starts restocking with valuable programs. You seemingly get upset about every major change to college sports and you sound ridiculous.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Football conferences should be different from all other sports...USC traveling to NJ to play Rutgers on a Saturday for a football game doesn't bother me...USC traveling to Rutgers on a Tuesday for a women's basketball game is odd to me.

Let school's football teams travel wherever; they only play 12 or 13 games a year...all other sports should be regional.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:33 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:44 pm Just because something is inevitable to happen doesn’t make it good.
It’s also good on the merits when the relatively strong league that Kansas plays in, which had a tenuous future, starts restocking with valuable programs. You seemingly get upset about every major change to college sports and you sound ridiculous.
no. what's ridiculous is trotting out student athletes, who are now professionals, who supposedly attend a school like UCLA and having them play a Tuesday night conference game in New Jersey at Rutgers and calling that an improvement for college athletics.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
surly

Post by surly »

clemson and fsu breaking the acc would be no surprise. where they find the acc payout is another story.

certainly, uw and oregon going to b10 is logical, bringing the guillotine to the p12.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I have a friend that is big time FSU. He told me six months ago that FSU was pissed and was going to get out of ACC. I laughed and said no way it would cost way to much. Just this weekend he told me FSU was going to blow up the ACC in August. Apparently he said going into the ACC meeting they had seven schools. Now all the schools realize any other conference is better than the ACC, he said UCF going to get like 10 million more than them and that is nothing compared to Big10 or SEC money. So the plan is the ACC does not exist anymore so no money is owed. I thought FSU would be going to SEC but he said no the Big 10 wants a southern presence. He said that all the ACC schools are talking to someone. Also Norte Dame is being pitched with Stanford for Big 10.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:32 pm no. what's ridiculous is trotting out student athletes, who are now professionals, who supposedly attend a school like UCLA and having them play a Tuesday night conference game in New Jersey at Rutgers and calling that an improvement for college athletics.
Well, I think we can all agree it would be very exciting and good for the program to move to the MVC so that no one is traveling too much. Belmont is a stretch, though—hope they won't have to travel to Nashville every year.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

"Scoop City has received a serious rumor..."

made me chuckle
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...