Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Back2Lawrence »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:38 pm As far as I'm concerned the revamped/rebuilt Memorial needs to be 2 things - Nice & full regardless of final capacity.
If the product keeps improving towards one of relevance, I’m sure that will happen. Im not spending money on a shit product. I went to 0 games first year I was back, and 4 last year. Call me bandwagon if you need to, but I am at a point I.where my entertainment time/money goes towards something that does more than prove ‘loyalty’ to a team/school.

No Royals games in two years. Kinda sucks I with COVID last year+ I was in Colorado, no live MLB baseball for me in about an Olympic cycle.
surly

Post by surly »

yep, "build it and they will come" means team, not stadium.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sounds like UConn and Gonzaga didn’t bring enough TV sets or football
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

AlOerter wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:51 pm Sounds like UConn and Gonzaga didn’t bring enough TV sets or football
It was just a what if move to even talk to these schools because it made no financial sense. At least right now. The Big12 has not even started their new TV contract and these schools would have taken from existing schools money. It was the same nonsense with the ACC and Stanford, Cal. Bringing in those schools just made the existing schools less money.

Which leads us to the four Pac12 schools. They stuck. Any conference that adds them will be just be cutting the payout for their existing schools if they can not get their TV deal to help them.

If I am Big12 commish I am getting those schools as long as the TV guys are paying for it.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

So there is talk that the ACC does get additional TV money by adding schools. Also Smu and Stanford would join for free for awhile which means for awhile the schools may get more money. The problem is the contract is till 2036. The funny thing is ND has a seat at this table and is the #1 advocate for adding Stanford.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

The variables in these conference scenarios can be mind boggling.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

rumors of a Pac American conference..18 teams combines the Pac 4 and the American conferences with I think also adding Boise St SDSU and Wyoming maybe?
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:12 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:38 pm As far as I'm concerned the revamped/rebuilt Memorial needs to be 2 things - Nice & full regardless of final capacity.
If the product keeps improving towards one of relevance, I’m sure that will happen. Im not spending money on a shit product. I went to 0 games first year I was back, and 4 last year. Call me bandwagon if you need to, but I am at a point I.where my entertainment time/money goes towards something that does more than prove ‘loyalty’ to a team/school.

No Royals games in two years. Kinda sucks I with COVID last year+ I was in Colorado, no live MLB baseball for me in about an Olympic cycle.
bandwagon
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

12 SEC teams must make the playoff. . .
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

SMU?
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

stanford, cal, and smu to the ACC

i’d guess oregon st and wash st go MountainWest
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Why didn't Yormark look harder at SMU? Probably could have gotten the same deal with them that the ACC got; no conference TV revenue for the first 9 years.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

because it’s got the tejas stench?

i’d argue that the last thing we need are more schools from that state
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

not sure what smu brings to the table though. I would think Utah, and Zona 1 and Zona 2 have more to offer
Just Ledoux it
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

SMU - no. I guess Cal and Stanford are going to rack up some frequent flyer miles.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:47 pm not sure what smu brings to the table though. I would think Utah, and Zona 1 and Zona 2 have more to offer
Apparently they'd bring a lot of money.