Insurrection Hearings

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Insurrection Hearings

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Holy shit this is heartbreaking to hear these officers testify.
Deleted User 863

Re: Insurrection Hearings

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I watched the testimony of the first officer while waiting for my car at a service appointment before the manager of the place came around and turned on HGTV. Was brought to tears several times. Another example of an immigrant coming to the country, proudly serving our nation in the military and then as a law enforcement officer, only to be assaulted by alleged "patriots". Trumpism is a shit stain on our nation's history.

I talked to my Mom a bit ago and she was telling me that her and my Dad were watching the testimonies and the only thing my previously very Republican father said was that he will never vote for another Republican as long as he lives.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

for anyone that wants to listen/watch:

https://whyy.org/articles/watch-live-ja ... t-hearing/
Deleted User 89

it’s amazing to me that any congressperson could listen to those statements and still downplay the severity of that day
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Shows how hollow the “blue lives matter” rhetoric actually is.

If Blue Lives did matter the Republican Congress contingent wouldn’t scurry and hide like the cockroaches that they are.
Deleted User 863

zsn wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:01 pm Shows how hollow the “blue lives matter” rhetoric actually is.
And the #1 killer of cops last year was covid. So there's that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

zsn wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:01 pm Shows how hollow the “blue lives matter” rhetoric actually is.

If Blue Lives did matter the Republican Congress contingent wouldn’t scurry and hide like the cockroaches that they are.
If you remember, a few weeks after the capital events took place, there was an incident where a guy tried to kill some capitol police using his vehicle as a weapon and they used deadly force to stop him. I have a conservative family member in-law who made it a point to tell me how he thought the cops should have exercised more options and done what the could to end that incident without violence. This person has NEVER said anything similar about ANY of the other police shootings that have been so publicized, including the George Floyd incident. But he did make it clear that "the capitol police" were in the wrong here by defending themselves...it's like a smear campaign to give the capitol police some bad PR. It was weird.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

LAW AND ORDER! Amirite?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:59 pm it’s amazing to me that any congressperson could listen to those statements and still downplay the severity of that day
It's amazing to me how many assholes will continue to vote for and fully support these congresspeople despite their downplaying the severity of that day.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:04 pm LAW AND ORDER! Amirite?
You misspelled “lock her up”
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:04 pm LAW AND ORDER! Amirite?
Law and order only applies to brown people.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:59 pm it’s amazing to me that any congressperson could listen to those statements and still downplay the severity of that day
They are supporting politicians who are painting the insurrectionists as suffering political prisoners.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republica ... -prisoners
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

This is a losing issue for them with reasonable people. Not sure why they are choosing to downplay this. Especially after hearing the 4 officers speak yesterday.
Deleted User 863

I don't lose my mind as often as others when it comes to Fox News, but that was disgraceful.

I watched almost every minute of that hearing yesterday. I don't know how people can watch that and not be emotional. My wife walked in to me sitting there watching with watery eyes (ok maybe a few tear drops) and was like "is everything ok" not knowing what was on TV...and i was like "oh just watching the news".

Sad. And Disgraceful.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The news networks have figured out that viewers are loyal (based on party affiliation).

No one is going to change stations over one issue. So they can say whatever they want, knowing you'll be back.

They'll keep hammering and hammering and hammering an issue down the viewers throat until they go from angry to accepting it as truth.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I’m sick and tired of tv stations replaying scenes from the insurrection. Just prosecute the idiot bastards and move on.
Imzcount (the original)/Dolomite.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Count’s back!

Ah! Ah! Ah!
Deleted User 89

dolomite wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:26 am I’m sick and tired of tv stations replaying scenes from the insurrection. Just prosecute the idiot bastards and move on.
Imzcount (the original)/Dolomite.
part of congress did

jussayin’