Re: Kansas Football 2021 Season

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Oread >>>> Hawk

(unless you’re just being nostalgic)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wouldn't bring an 11 month old to the Hawk, no.
Don't be that guy.
Oread, totally.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Hmmm. Was holiday asking for holiday's sake or the patron's sake?
Some/many blue hairs probably frown upon an 11 month old being in the restaurant they are dining in while the young drunks probably wouldn't care too much at the Hawk.
Now in terms of holiday, I would probably rather have my 11 month old at Oread over the Hawk.
Nice that holiday asked. Most people wouldn't/don't give a shit and do as they please.

Enjoy the game holiday!
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Haha, guys, I was totally joking about the Hawk. If it was the adults I would definitely stop by for nostalgias sake but with a kid, hell to the no.

Now the Oread I would give serious consideration given the wonderful views up top but with an 11 month old I'm not trying to deal with a crowded patio or the potential walk to get there depending on where I park.

Appreciate it, fellas. If you see me don't be a stranger!
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oread was packed to the gills both on the first floor and rooftop before the Baylor game. Granted, it was parents weekend.

But, you might check out to see if they're doing valet parking.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:20 pm Haha, guys, I was totally joking about the Hawk. If it was the adults I would definitely stop by for nostalgias sake but with a kid, hell to the no.

Now the Oread I would give serious consideration given the wonderful views up top but with an 11 month old I'm not trying to deal with a crowded patio or the potential walk to get there depending on where I park.

Appreciate it, fellas. If you see me don't be a stranger!
I always think of Michael Jackson dangling the toddler when someone mentions a baby and multi-story buildings. The Oread was built in the footprint of a terrible fatal accident too. Papoose and bubble wrap.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

My opinion on Gildersleeve has changed quite a bit since he's been on campus. This article is a good example of why..

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/b ... stage_card
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ESPN+ at 4 PM ET.
Line to -18.5.
I'd take that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm My opinion on Gildersleeve has changed quite a bit since he's been on campus. This article is a good example of why..

Pretty crazy how much more advanced the training tools are these days.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'll be watching while finishing up my duties as youth football board member duties. Hoping for some competitive football again. Last game got away from the Hawks there quickly. Need to stay competitive. Hoping for a good homecoming crowd on a beautiful fall day in Lawrence.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:29 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm My opinion on Gildersleeve has changed quite a bit since he's been on campus. This article is a good example of why..

Pretty crazy how much more advanced the training tools are these days.
They couldn't figure out why Trevor Wilson, the WR, kept having soft tissue injuries, then they come here and find out his hamstrings, although large, are actually quite weak. Knock on wood, hasn't had an issue so far this year.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man they’re pulling out all the stops. Fucking love this! Nostalgic to the max.

https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/ ... 32649?s=21

Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

I'd chip in $50 if they flew over and bombed Memorial and our football program. I don't want any civilian casualties but it might be the best thing to happen to KU football since 2003.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You can still pitch recruits that you have something a lot of other programs can't. Access to immediate playing time at the P5 level. Every kid that comes here has the opportunity to start right away.

That was a great article. All of those things sound super nice especially to a non Power 5 kid but when you start to measure that against other D1 schools, especially who KU will compete against for kids they have all of those things plus most of them will realistic chances to win.

IMO, for right now KU can recruit down but not up. They can bring in a Bean or Wilson but still lose a Prunty or Harris. That just may how it will be until Leipold & Co can show they can win consistently.

I was already pumped to get on the Hill. Now you bring back the old school Jayhawk bombers. I'm all in.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

My daughter said she saw them doing a practice run today when she was walking to Chem class.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah it was posted on twitter somewhere too. 4 F-16s flying over.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Two alumni flying Vipers from the 149th in San Antonio. Pretty nice show.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

They flew right over our house at about a 300 ft. elevation.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Haven’t watched a lick of Tech this year. For those who have does KU have a chance? 18.5 leads me to believe Ku would need a near miracle to pull the upset.
Holidaysmore - 2005