Cuomo

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: Cuomo

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:21 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:57 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:50 am

It's a huge stretch to say he is associated with this. Brothers talk and give each other advice.
It's not a stretch. It is already happening. Brothers know how each other act. Optics matter. CNN has an ultrasensitive viewership base, especially with issues like this (and rightfully so).

Time will tell. But i don't think he can survive this.
Hasn't this been going on for months already?
Yes and he's been under fire from some on the left (and right like always) the entire time.

It's likely not a coincidence that he was not on TV last night and is now on "vacation".

“I can be objective about just about any topic, but not about my family … I am fiercely loyal to them. I’m family first, job second."

“When my brother’s situation became turbulent, being looped into calls with other friends of his, and advisers that did include some of his staff, I understand why that was a problem for CNN. It will not happen again.”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:28 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:21 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:57 am

It's not a stretch. It is already happening. Brothers know how each other act. Optics matter. CNN has an ultrasensitive viewership base, especially with issues like this (and rightfully so).

Time will tell. But i don't think he can survive this.
Hasn't this been going on for months already?
Yes and he's been under fire from some on the left (and right like always) the entire time.

It's likely not a coincidence that he was not on TV last night and is now on "vacation".

“I can be objective about just about any topic, but not about my family … I am fiercely loyal to them. I’m family first, job second."

“When my brother’s situation became turbulent, being looped into calls with other friends of his, and advisers that did include some of his staff, I understand why that was a problem for CNN. It will not happen again.”
So it has been going on for months, CNN has been under fire from "some on the left" (isn't everyone under fire from "someone" these days?) and he got a few days off as Cuomo's situation wraps ups.

Gov. Cuomo will be out of the news cycle by Monday at the absolute latest. I'd expect Chris Cuomo back on the air around that same time.
Deleted User 863

Gov Cuomo will be out of the news cycle by Monday? Seems optimistic. Resigning doesn't mean these people are going to stop pursuing justice for his actions. He could end up charged and on trial. Not sure how Chris will be able to just ignore that on his show like he's been doing with this.

Time will tell. I think he's as good as gone.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yeah, your position is pretty clear.

IMO, it would be absolutely stupid for Chris Cuomo to be impacted by this, unless he turns up to be a participant.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:22 pm Yeah, your position is pretty clear.

IMO, it would be absolutely stupid for Chris Cuomo to be impacted by this, unless he turns up to be a participant.
Would you consider helping your brother avoid punishment to be a participant?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:26 pm

Proof that he has done that?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Didn't he just get forced to quit his job? Sounds like he didn't help his brother avoid anything.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:58 pm Gov Cuomo will be out of the news cycle by Monday? Seems optimistic. Resigning doesn't mean these people are going to stop pursuing justice for his actions. He could end up charged and on trial. Not sure how Chris will be able to just ignore that on his show like he's been doing with this.

He can talk about whatever he wants on his show; it's an opinion show not the news.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:32 pm

According to his quotes above he was involved in calls to strategize about how to minimize the damage of these allegations. He also helped write some of the press releases it would appear. And considering some of the denials and the dismissing of the seriousness of the victims claims (saying that's normal and he does it with all genders and races), i would say that's a pretty bad optics for an on air personality.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:39 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:58 pm Gov Cuomo will be out of the news cycle by Monday? Seems optimistic. Resigning doesn't mean these people are going to stop pursuing justice for his actions. He could end up charged and on trial. Not sure how Chris will be able to just ignore that on his show like he's been doing with this.

He can talk about whatever he wants on his show; it's an opinion show not the news.
Apparently not. They told him to stop talking about his brother.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 pm

According to his quotes above he was involved in calls to strategize about how to minimize the damage of these allegations. He also helped write some of the press releases it would appear. And considering some of the denials and the dismissing of the seriousness of the victims claims (saying that's normal and he does it with all genders and races), i would say that's a pretty bad optics for an on air personality.
Holy shit, I had NO IDEA it was this serious!

Where did I put my pitchfork?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:39 pm

Apparently not. They told him to stop talking about his brother.
Well then you answered your own question of "Not sure how Chris will be able to just ignore that on his show like he's been doing with this" didn't you? He has been instructed to ignore it by his employers. Sounds like it will be pretty easy then.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So he gave some advice, yes we know all that. But you seem pretty set on cancelling him for his nefarious role.
Deleted User 863

Almost a dozen women alleging they were sexually harrassed and/or sexually assaulted isn't serious?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:55 pm Almost a dozen women alleging they were sexually harrassed and/or sexually assaulted isn't serious?
Yes, it is. From what I hear, the person who is alleged to have committed those acts is being investigated.
Deleted User 863

I thought i was the only fan (former fan as of now) of the Cuomo brothers around here. Shocked to see the moment i take the stance that it seems likely he (little brother) will be let go by CNN that all of you rush to his defense. Especially those who claim they never watch CNN.

Or maybe you guys just like arguing anything and everything? Hmmm....
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:01 pm I thought i was the only fan (former fan as of now) of the Cuomo brothers around here. Shocked to see the moment i take the stance that it seems likely he (little brother) will be let go by CNN that all of you rush to his defense. Especially those who claim they never watch CNN.

No one is defending him, drama queen. We just disagree that he needs to be fired from his job for giving his asshole brother some advice.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:03 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:01 pm I thought i was the only fan (former fan as of now) of the Cuomo brothers around here. Shocked to see the moment i take the stance that it seems likely he (little brother) will be let go by CNN that all of you rush to his defense. Especially those who claim they never watch CNN.

No one is defending him, drama queen. We just disagree that he needs to be fired from his job for giving his asshole brother some advice.
Pretty sure i never said he needs to be fired, just that i think he will be fired.

"Little brother is next i bet"

You're arguing to argue because you're bored.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Quit fouling up my thread.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:07 pm Quit fouling up my thread.
You asked for it.