Re: Cuomo

Post by Deleted User 89 »

quite possibly the least self-aware poster ever
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:06 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:03 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:01 pm I thought i was the only fan (former fan as of now) of the Cuomo brothers around here. Shocked to see the moment i take the stance that it seems likely he (little brother) will be let go by CNN that all of you rush to his defense. Especially those who claim they never watch CNN.

Or maybe you guys just like arguing anything and everything? Hmmm....
No one is defending him, drama queen. We just disagree that he needs to be fired from his job for giving his asshole brother some advice.
Pretty sure i never said he needs to be fired, just that i think he will be fired.

"Little brother is next i bet"

You're arguing to argue because you're bored.
And I simply disagree that he will be fired. It's OK.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 pm quite possibly the least self-aware poster ever
Except that I am extremely self aware. LOL

You think I post things by accident? You should pull your pony tail over and take a long hard look in the mirror.

I argue over sports things all the time.

Rarely am i on here seeking out a comment like "i bet little brother is next" to argue about. Especially when the person arguing (twocoach) claims to never watch CNN...so i just have a hard time believing he has a good feel for the network, their on air personalities, and how those on air personalities have interacted with and about their brother over the last 18 months or so on air. It appears many CNN viewers have some hesitations about him now. A quick google search should verify that claim. What will they do? Only their execs know for certain. Maybe they're still undecided. But when you're an on air personality for a TV network, it is bad for business for a decent segment of your viewers to dislike one of your main faces of the network.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 89

:lol:

then you’re just a troll
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:21 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:11 pm quite possibly the least self-aware poster ever
Except that I am extremely self aware. LOL

You think I post things by accident? You should pull your pony tail over and take a long hard look in the mirror.

I argue over sports things all the time.

Rarely am i on here seeking out a comment like "i bet little brother is next" to argue about. Especially when the person arguing (twocoach) claims to never watch CNN...so i just have a hard time believing he has a good feel for the network, their on air personalities, and how those on air personalities have interacted with and about their brother over the last 18 months or so on air. It appears many CNN viewers have some hesitations about him now. A quick google search should verify that claim. What will they do? Only their execs know for certain. Maybe they're still undecided. But when you're an on air personality for a TV network, it is bad for business for a decent segment of your viewers to dislike one of your main faces of the network.
I responded to your post below:

"You don't think?

CNN can't have 1 of their main faces of primetime TV be associated with this. They've already had a lot of heat surrounding this as far as Chris helping his brother, and also the terrible optics of their back and forth banter surrounding him being a ladies man.

I doubt he makes it to winter. "

that I had a different opinion and then I gave the reasons why I had that opinion. Others did the same. I did not "seek out" your comment and I did not even respond to the "i bet little brother is next" comment you are referencing. Don't lie to cover over the fact that you fired off 14 responses to anyone disagreeing with your take while subsequently saying that others "argue just to argue". "Extremely self aware" ? OK.

"I am am extremely stable genius!" - Donald Trump
Deleted User 863

Thanks for the recap. 🤣🤣🤣
Deleted User 89

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:01 pm I thought i was the only fan (former fan as of now) of the Cuomo brothers around here. Shocked to see the moment i take the stance that it seems likely he (little brother) will be let go by CNN that all of you rush to his defense. Especially those who claim they never watch CNN.

Or maybe you guys just like arguing anything and everything? Hmmm....
No one is defending him, drama queen. We just disagree that he needs to be fired from his job for giving his asshole brother some advice.
Fucking hilarious coming from you.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:41 pm
Fucking hilarious coming from you.
Indeed. I like a good discussion/argument from time to time. I am quite aware of that. 😉
Deleted User 863

Deleted User 89

NY Post?

seriously? you’d have been better off linking to the National Inquirer
Deleted User 863

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:39 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:28 pm NY Post?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 496092001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/10/busi ... o.amp.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/08 ... rother/amp

https://news.yahoo.com/cnn-anchor-chris ... 00732.html

https://www.newsweek.com/chris-cuomo-re ... ns-1616033

I didn't dream this up. Chris is absolutely under fire.
Did you read any of these?

"The network also said Cuomo would not be disciplined."

"The report was published on Monday during a week in which Chris Cuomo is taking a vacation from his show, Cuomo Prime Time, which he said he always does in August to mark his birthday. " with a link to another article verifying that this us the third year in a row he has taken off the same week.

A bunch of rival news networks running pieces on Chris Cuomo doesn't put pressure on CNN to do anything. That's no different than Scott Drew mentioning the ncaa investigation of KU to a recruit.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:12 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:39 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:28 pm NY Post?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 496092001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/10/busi ... o.amp.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/08 ... rother/amp

https://news.yahoo.com/cnn-anchor-chris ... 00732.html

https://www.newsweek.com/chris-cuomo-re ... ns-1616033

I didn't dream this up. Chris is absolutely under fire.
Did you read any of these?

"The network also said Cuomo would not be disciplined."
Jake Tapper isn't a rival news network...

“I cannot imagine a world in which anybody in journalism thinks that that was appropriate,’ Tapper said in a Friday interview. “Chris, in his apology that he delivered on air, said that he put us in a bad spot. I would also agree with that.”

Tapper added that he personally works hard to be fair and ethical and not cross lines. “And I certainly understand the love that Chris has for his brother… but that was not a fun day.”

Yes i read them. But i also watch CNN pretty much every night. Their coverage of this has been awkward. The interactions of those who are close with Chris (Don Lemon and him are very close) about this has also been awkward.

Your 1st comment: they said he wouldn't be disciplined for participating in some of those calls initially (this has gone on for months), but requested he stop....which apparently he hasn't stopped doing.

You may think he's just a TV personality, but he's in the journalism industry. It's problematic. He may survive it, but a segment of their target viewers aren't fans of him anymore.

Time will tell. If it happens I will be sure to let you know I told you so.
Deleted User 863

Little brother on TV begging for forgiveness so that he doesn't lose his job.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:55 pm Little brother on TV begging for forgiveness so that he doesn't lose his job.
Are you enjoying it?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Now reports Cuomo abandoned his dog at the governor’s mansion, asking staffers to just take care of it instead

Of course, Cuomo denies the allegations, but he denies lots of allegations

Fuck that guy.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:51 pm Now reports Cuomo abandoned his dog at the governor’s mansion, asking staffers to just take care of it instead

Of course, Cuomo denies the allegations, but he denies lots of allegations

Fuck that guy.
While the Cuomos may be/are douchebags, I say fuck those who make up sh*t about them.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I heard something about it this morning. Any confirmation if it's true?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:17 pm I heard something about it this morning. Any confirmation if it's true?
All depends on who you want to believe.
My confusion comes from wondering if the man decided he wanted to give the dog to someone who would give it a loving home - that would have been a bad thing?