NFL 2021

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NFL 2021

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:09 pm lol, the ultimate role reversal, gutter going full illy!
Not full Illy at all.

I support Flores. If all of what he claims is true I will support him even more. If he is lying about anything, I will support HIM less. That's all.
Seems he has multiple battles. Individually he is saying what he's saying but then he claims he is fighting on behalf of all Black coaches who have not been given a fair shake.

I shared the statement from the Broncos - and the NFL stated, "We will defend against these claims, which are without merit.”
We know how the legal system works in this country and the NFL and NFL owners are MUCH more "powerful" than Brian Flores. That being said, I give him credit for fighting the fight that he clearly feels very strongly about - and it seems he is getting a lot of advocates. It will be interesting to see what the "court" will decide and declare.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

The Double Down. Classic illy move.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d hire Flores for our D Coordinator in a heartbeat.

Come to the Chiefs.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:31 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:02 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:31 pmWho is lying?
Here is a crazy thought.... If it's Flores, he very well may be in deeper shit than the Broncos guys will be if Flores is telling the truth.
What kind of deep shit? A defamation suit? Think the Broncos people want to open up that can of worms? They'd be fools to do so.
Yes, a defamation suit.
Yes, I think the Broncos people MAY want to open up THAT can of worms if what they claim is true.
"The Broncos will vigorously defend the integrity and values of our organization — and its employees — from such baseless and disparaging claims."
It would be very foolish. The risk/reward ratio on that for the Broncos is horrendous. The lawyer statement is in reference to defending a lawsuit--a lawsuit where a bunch of embarrassing stuff is going to be uncovered through discovery. If they want to re-litigate all of that, and put the burden of proof on themselves for just the potential of a negligible gain, then they'll get what they deserve.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:03 pmI shared the statement from the Broncos - and the NFL stated, "We will defend against these claims, which are without merit.”
Boilerplate legalese setting up the Motion to Dismiss.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mac Jones in the Pro Bowl?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:02 pm Mac Jones in the Pro Bowl?
Tons of people declined this year
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:26 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:02 pm Mac Jones in the Pro Bowl?
Tons of people declined this year
Which explains Frank Clark being there.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

bet the running backs are glad they showed up
Just Ledoux it
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:11 pm bet the running backs are glad they showed up
Especially Alvin Kamara.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I watched about 3 minutes of the Pro Bowl game.

Worst football I have ever witnessed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Stop the Pro Bowl before it kills again. I would be for some skills competitions. Maybe some Madden tournaments with all pros. But the extra week should have killed exhibition late football already.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sparko wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:43 am Stop the Pro Bowl before it kills again. I would be for some skills competitions. Maybe some Madden tournaments with all pros. But the extra week should have killed exhibition late football already.
Back in the day they used to play a pre-season game with one NFL team playing a college all star team. They stopped doing it, and now looking back at it, it's a terrible idea. I think if they stopped playing the pro-bowl game,A) No one would miss it and B) in the future looking back, it will seem like such a dumb idea and we'd wonder why we ever did it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i like the idea of skills challenges

do like football spin on World’s Strongest Man, with categories for the main positions
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes, Allen, Herbert distance throw off.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I don't expect anyone else to agree but I'll be brutally honest and say I find this repulsive.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 6076378112
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:21 pm I don't expect anyone else to agree but I'll be brutally honest and say I find this repulsive.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 6076378112
I agree. The Texans hiring Lovie Smith is an example of some of the bullshit that Flores is talking about in his suit.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I found multiple things repulsive.

1) Most importantly, the reason why the statement was made and what is true, what is perceived, and what is a lie in regards to the Flores situation - and in regards to minority hiring in the NFL.

2) Why didn't his lawyers have a statement when Mike McDaniel was hired? Yes, I understand he's the guy who replaced Flores but I feel they ignored the fact that McDaniel is Black/Bi-racial - and that's opening up a different can of worms if they feel "Bi-racial" doesn't count as Black.

3) "Mr. Flores' goal in brining his case is to provide real opportunities for Black and Minority candidates to be considered for coaching and executive positions".
Do his lawyers have any idea how many Black and minority coaches and executives have been hired in the past month? Before, during, and after the Flores fiasco? Let me help them. A LOT more than 1. Why not acknowledge that and heck, boast that they and Flores very well may have had an influence on it?

4) "Mr. Flores was one of three finalists for the Texans job".
I assume the lawyers wouldn't claim that if they weren't told that by the Texans but.... Lovie wasn't one of the 3 named finalists so perhaps the Texans weren't 100% honest? Ok, that's not repulsive to me but if one entity is lying for the sake of trying to prove guilt or innocence, then it become closer to being repulsive.

5) "It's obvious that THE ONLY REASON Mr. Flores was not selected".....
How can his lawyers PROVE that was THE ONLY REASON? My guess is it was a major one but how fucking disrespectful is that to the other candidates? Were they not worthy of being hired and what made Flores a better candidate - other than THEIR (the lawyers) opinion?

Unrelated to the statement. If the Texans felt they HAD to hire a Black coach I MIGHT understand hiring Lovie but really? Lovie Smith? Sure I will always like the guy for the 05, 06, and 10 Bears seasons but in the what have you done for me lately world - I need to point out his last 7 seasons as a head coach his teams finished 2-14, 6-10, 3-9, 2-10, 6-7, 2-5.
They really felt there was no better choice?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Houston's a shit show.
Lovie is not in a great spot to succeed.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5