Chiefs 2021

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:36 pm You know who else ran a 4.4 40 as an edge/OLB? Kyron Johnson. Would love to see him in KC. I think he will be a star. He was pretty dominant against good lines. He really came into his own late.
He'll be an outstanding ST player in the league.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Here again is a man with great speed and tools dismissed because of KU.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Chiefs fans should be happy. Yes? No?
Chiefs definitely got a/the guy/s they needed. Yes? No?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They got the positions of need.
And by most accounts, McDuffie was 10-20 on the board.
If I knew I could trade up though I might have gone Jermaine and Booth.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I guess the talent was down across the board more than I thought. To me these guys are undersized for the first round. Might have been better to trade down and find better physicality.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

McDuffie is on the smaller side.
But Honey Badger was even smaller.
Reid is a bigger dude but McDuffie is not that much smaller than our current corners.

I don’t think Karlaftis is small.
He’s a strong dude.

Both are juniors coming out.

Veach had McDuffie graded in his top 16 and I guess never expected a scenario where he’d fall this far. That said, I’m also guessing Veach had a WR target he would have traded up to 21 to get but all the WRs went like hotcakes.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

There is some good value on WR in the second round. I'd keep an eye on Christian Watson from North Dakota State at the #50 pick. Big 6'4 receiver who impressed a lot of people at the Senior Bowl.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
If he somehow falls that far, take take take.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Both dudes are 21. Johnson is 23. That matters a lot too. Karlaftis just has endless energy and once he gets his hands on the ball carrier or QB, he’s an absolute menace. McDuffie is a pest who has play to back it up. Numbers are low because teams stopped throwing his way when he was a true freshman. He’s that good. He doesn’t have the size, but he’s got good speed, a good vertical and good ball skills when the ball is in the air.

Chiefs addressed their biggest needs of the 2022 season. WR not as big of a need for this year. Still think they take one in round 2 or 3.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think WR is just a big a need as CB.
I'm just not sold on JuJu and MVS as a strong 1/2.
But the run on WRs was too much - too fast - so what can you do?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The NFL needs to start developing guys. Find some guys 6' 2 and fast. Teach them CB fundamentals and the defense. But they limit that kind of thing. Using college for that is not ideal. A lot of the corners in college have great numbers because of bad opponents and good rushers. The first rounders tend to disappoint because of the hype machine. "The all time" Georgia defense. The math should correspond with physical tools and not just game stats.

KC hosts next year. I don't like the limited evaluations and unrealistic. expectations mostly.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:49 am I think WR is just a big a need as CB.
Smaller school guys will be the jewels of this class of WR. COVID limited pickings and over-hyped big school guys. Now you take out the dice and the stop watch. It is why I think Johnson as an OLB is such a treasure this year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hey, if we can land Christian Watson, a very small school guy, i'd move our upper half of the draft from a B to an A.

6 foot 5 fast AF on the opposite site of 6 foot 4 fast AF with Ju Ju Schuster over the middle and fast AF gadget guy Hardman and all pro Kelce? Wouldn't be awful.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:49 am I think WR is just a big a need as CB.
Remind me who the QB is for the team? There's the big difference. He's going to make others better even if they maybe weren't as good at previous stops. Juju had a noodle arm for a QB the last 2 years, but when Ben was last decent, Juju had 1400 yards and a 97 yard reception for a TD. Mahomes is better than Ben ever was.

That's why WR isn't as big of a need as a depleted defense. They'll still get one, but at that point, their wasn't a WR worthy of a 1st round pick.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"They'll still get one, but at that point, their wasn't a WR worthy of a 1st round pick."

Right.
I'm glad they didn't reach.
I liked Burks if he had fallen to 29 but he wasn't there.

And I agree our QB will make people way better than they are ( see Pringle and Albert Wilson ) but both Ju Ju and MVS are not in Tyreek's range. We need another guy - and not some throw away pick like the 6th round dude from Clemson.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They'll get a Pickens, Skyy Moore, Shakir, Tolbert, Pierce, Doubs or Metchie III and I think most will be happy.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pickens and Moore will be gone.
I know we just landed our DE but would you consider taking Ojabo, easily a 1st if not for his recent injury, if he was available at 50, thinking ahead when we clearly are going to cut Frank Clark?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:02 am Hey, if we can land Christian Watson, a very small school guy, i'd move our upper half of the draft from a B to an A.

6 foot 5 fast AF on the opposite site of 6 foot 4 fast AF with Ju Ju Schuster over the middle and fast AF gadget guy Hardman and all pro Kelce? Wouldn't be awful.
He is a guy I really hope lands in KC and I would have taken him over Karlaftis. But if he falls to KC, that would be awesome.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think we needed edge over WR and CB.
GKarl should be a plug and play starter, no questions.