Good speech by Rand Paul

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Good speech by Rand Paul

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm Economy was terrible to nightmarish under Obama, unless you were living in Washington D.C. and a couple other major metropolitan areas.
Inherited the worst economy since the great depression. After which we returned to gdp growth, alltime highs on the stock market, a lower deficit than he was handed, steady decrease in unemployment...

As you said, I know the numbers aren't in your favor...

Can you explain what numbers would indicate terrible to nightmarish?
Can you
Besides GDP and full employment?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm Economy was terrible to nightmarish under Obama, unless you were living in Washington D.C. and a couple other major metropolitan areas.
False...blatantly false.
. . . so sez CNN?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

No, so says me. The guy who sells boats and yachts for a living.

We are, in my industry, riding the 4th straight year of double digit increases in sales volume and GPM.
My company is the worlds leader in boat sales, so I would guess that our data is fairly accurate.

Does Donny get credit for 2013-2017? If so, why?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trump getting credit for a recovery Obama started?

And either way how much credit does a president deserve for a free market economy?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh! And what about other economic metrics?

Like, say, what’s Trump doing for the millions of workers who have seen their wages stagnate for the past...oh I dunno, 4 decades or so?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 pm No, so says me. The guy who sells boats and yachts for a living.

We are, in my industry, riding the 4th straight year of double digit increases in sales volume and GPM.
My company is the worlds leader in boat sales, so I would guess that our data is fairly accurate.

Living where?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:00 pm Oh! And what about other economic metrics?

Like, say, what’s Trump doing for the millions of workers who have seen their wages stagnate for the past...oh I dunno, 4 decades or so?
Wages are going up for the first time in decades. The closer we get to full employment, the more employers are forced to offer better wages to attract workers. I see it all around me.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Testing, testing 1,2,3.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s good news!

Do you have a link or data or anything to confirm wages are increasing, or just anecdote?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I knew it was just a matter of time before you'd bury yourself.

Well done.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:41 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Inherited the worst economy since the great depression. After which we returned to gdp growth, alltime highs on the stock market, a lower deficit than he was handed, steady decrease in unemployment...

As you said, I know the numbers aren't in your favor...

Can you explain what numbers would indicate terrible to nightmarish?
Can you
Besides GDP and full employment?
Not quite reaching full employmebt after inheriting an economy losing jobs like we hadn't seen in 80 years, and consistent gdp growth - you define that as terrible to nightmarish?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

OMG a true believer.

Fenton is that you?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:44 pm No, so says me. The guy who sells boats and yachts for a living.

Living where?
North Texas. Are we one of the privileged few?

Oh, our company has stores in 20 states. Doubt this helps your point.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:43 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm Rand and his dad are great. Wish we would do more of what they suggest.
Rand's dad is an anti-Semitic, neo-confederate asshat.

Other than that, though, he's super!

Neither of those assertions is true. They are propaganda trotted out by the establishment machine to try to discredit him when he ran for POTUS. His ideas are solid.
lulz

He has a decades long track record of support for anti-Semites and insistence that the "wrong side" won the Civil War. Heck, he actually said on TV during the 2008 campaign that he thought Lincoln was wrong to wage war against the Confederacy.

He's a Calhoun-ian from head to toe.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:00 pm Oh! And what about other economic metrics?

You cereal, Clark?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...who are MJl and Houseboy?

I think they deserve each other.
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

Mjl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:50 pm The economy was doing fine under Obama - slow yet steady growth, lower unemployment every year, a deficit lower than inherited, bull markets every year, and no bubble.

This would be a great time to further shrink the deficit. Instead Trump sacrificed our future to get idiots to lament the current economy. The bubble he's creating is in the debt.
You do know the debt doubled under Obama...meaning he literally equaled the debt total accumulated by the 43 presidents before him? We went from 10ish Trillion in debt to 20ish Trillion in debt in his eight years.
Deleted User 62

You ain't seen nothing yet...
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Judy_Jayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:58 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:50 pm The economy was doing fine under Obama - slow yet steady growth, lower unemployment every year, a deficit lower than inherited, bull markets every year, and no bubble.

This would be a great time to further shrink the deficit. Instead Trump sacrificed our future to get idiots to lament the current economy. The bubble he's creating is in the debt.
You do know the debt doubled under Obama...meaning he literally equaled the debt total accumulated by the 43 presidents before him? We went from 10ish Trillion in debt to 20ish Trillion in debt in his eight years.
He inherited a trillion dollar deficit and going in the wrong direction. The direction changed. What would be considered successful to you?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm So...who are MJl and Houseboy?

I think they deserve each other.
I just dropped the location from my name.

What that I have said is inaccurate?